Radiant Echoes Improvements Are Now Live

On ptr the boss drops 1500ish each kill.
The daily quest gives 3000.
The mini events that are always up now give 200ish and can drop gear.

This is a massive improvement.

45 minutes on ptr and i have multiple bits of gear and just shy of 10k

If you want to gear characters or get mogs and stuff, this is a huge win.

Im really happy with these changes and hope they go live as is.
This is a good event now. Its actually fun and worthwhile.

2 Likes

my mains on draenor
its pretty busy

Most of my characters are also on draenor.

if 5 people decide to start a group and put it in GF, that pulls in nearly 200 people from all over into the one space thats not designed to hold them. on top of the players already there

That’s what sharding is supposed to be for. Unless they just haven’t bothered to shard the event at all (I do wonder sometimes) then this wouldn’t be an issue because it would shunt the solo players like you and me into a seperate shard/instance. That clearly isn’t the case, however.

the same thing happened with almost every DF outdoor event…

I remember the DF outdoor events too. The only one I remember being anywhere near this bad was the azure span community soup and that was patched about a month into the expansion iirc. If the game bricks itself every time people group up into raids for outdoor content then Blizzard definitely needs to make their game more resilient…

i’ve done a few bosses in this where no groups were about and the whole event took about 5-6 mins

But that could just be because there were less people around though… how do you know it’s to do with people grouping into raids?

i’d ban them for trolling

You can’t ban people for forming raid groups lol. To be honest, it’s up to Blizzard to manage these events so that people can form raid groups if they choose to, it’s not reasonable to restrict people from using the in-game systems and mechanics because your servers can’t handle them.

it is if its harming other playing whilst serving no purpose

1 Like

Fantastic! This is great news.

This way people won’t be forced to do the event all at the same time, and there will be a natural displacement of player density. I reckon the lag issue will be solved now too.

Thank you!

it is if its harming other playing whilst serving no purpose

If people don’t know it’s a problem to join raid groups (and tbh, why would it be? It’s not an exploit) then no.

Unless they’re doing it intentionally to ruin people’s experience but good luck proving that.

Bottom line is Blizzard need to make their game more resilient.

Also because I forgot earlier, the zones are phased. Phased as in, if you haven’t done the quests in that area, you can’t see the event mobs. Most seem fine but there are several that are not. At least the north eastern one in Searing Gorge and the south eastern one in Dragonblight (the dragonshrine with the Cycle of Life quest). Haven’t had the chance to check them all out because of previously mentioned issues…

edit: though all that seems to be phased are the actual mobs. The remembered scenery is present and I can see all players, but not the mobs. Trying to do the quests in the zones is a greater chore since those bashing the remembered mobs also trash quest and other mobs…funny enough they also share aggro with adjacent mobs and luckily not many linger to farm mementos because 1 per mob and 5 per rare is not a good incentive :stuck_out_tongue:

I assume the best thing to do is to come back tomorrow then? Hopefully it’ll be solved by then so I can log in to finally check out the event properly?

Whoever mentioned that they might intentionally release patches with rushed and unfinished content, only to later retreat, fix bugs, and then claim, ‘See! We heard you! We do listen to your feedback!’ is starting to make more sense to me. Putting my tin foil hat aside… I’m beginning to believe that this might actually be a strategy they use. :skull:

2 Likes

Has anyone tried to copy their characters in order to test and it worked?
Edit: Has finally worked.

Just a suggestion!
WORK ON THE DAMN EVENT BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT
Shocking I know

4 Likes

Thank you for hearing us and making these changes.

turns off alarm and goes back to relaxation mode

Please let us convert the event gear to tier. Would be great for transmog. :pray:

Update the models on the mounts and pets while you’re ohn’a’roll, please!

Any word on changing to the trinkets?

One of them ONLY has primary stats, which is equal to other trinkets of the same itemlevel.
Another has too low primary stats compared to trinkets of equal itemlevel.
And the tentacle trinket just has an on-use effect that is barely doing any damage.

its catch up gear to last a few weeks. dont over think it

I think you need to change these…

:briefs:

Awesome changes!

Very nice change indeed!

Just tested a few cycles on Searing Gorge. It seems that with this new pace, people (myself included) will skip the annoying memories and instead just go for the faster/better memories to induce boss spawn. The memory where you collect brew seems to be ignored by literally everyone. Perhaps some “light” tuning on this memory and whatever other memories people don’t want to do, to make them easier, would be nice.

Thank you for this change!

Positive changes, because it was so bad it couldn’t be worse. Even setting the damn thing on fire would have been an improvement.

I still think it’s a completely scuffed gameplay experience. It’s a degenerate time sink and a low-quality development effort that – once again – just attempts to use rewards as a band-aid for lackluster game design all-around.

You’re starting to use people’s compulsive desire for rewards as a crutch for a game quality that is appearing increasingly mediocre.
I see what you’re doing, but you can’t peddle random collectibles forever, Blizzard.