Raid Adjustments Discussion

Are they collapsing becuase people cant stand to know that playing “2 button rotations” is to hard for them, or becuase guilds/people in guilds settle with having 20 ever changing players in the roster and PUGing the rest , instead of merging/dying/trying to create bigger, more stabil, guilds.

In Classic everybody thought 40 man is alot to handle, and most people didnt attempt to create their own guilds. In comes TBC and every player and his mother feels like "25 man - man, thats nothing - I’ll create a guild. So the servers are filled with half filled-guilds with friend cores waiting for eachother to die so they can try to poach players into the exact same problems.

1 extra ez boss to kill / week (without a sence of accomplishment anymore even) wont magically make people feel the game isnt boring, dull, and worth investing in to glorfied pugs (guilds) - if they didnt feel it before. Things wont change.

6 Likes

Really ?

Blizzards “small” nerfs will literally make the boss easier than LFR retail. Look at Gruul and Mag rightnow.

I guess we are back to 1.5 hour weekly raids with free loot Piniatas soon again.

I got no idea why you force your main player base away like this? The current state of SSC and TK is still to easy.

I am glad u want to support the people that drool on their keyboard and can’t find their buttons meanwhile the raid tho. The people that are distract and confused when the wind blows against their window, and have the urge to afk 5 minutes to look outside what’s going on meanwhile the raid.

Ahh atleast we can stack 25 arcane mages soon and have some laughs because bosses will hit like a wet sponge and die in 6 seconds like high king. This will benefit arcane mages so much.

2 Likes

Im with nerfing the amount of trash mobs instead of bosses. This will help clearing the content faster and focus on lady vashj and KT

7 Likes

I think everyone expects these nerfs once the next phase hits (or a week or two before as a “be ready for the next phase” catch up mechanic) but I don’t think they’re really necessary before then.

Agree with what others are saying - if any nerfs are to be done just nerf the trash (either HP or amount) to give more progression time on on the bosses.

In a semi-casual guild sitting on 8/10, and we’re working on getting our kill times on all the trash and bosses before KT/Vashj down to start making proper attempts. No major roster issues as of yet.

It was already getting stressful to know that the bosses are tough and if we struggle for a long time we’d might not get them down before T6.

But now we’re not even gonna get to make our first attempt on them before you’re nerfing them. The main issue is that it takes so long to even get there, so targeting the boss difficulty is far worse than, say, reducing the number of trash packs.

The interest in Karazhan and Gruul/Maggy completely died with the nerfs for any reason other than just getting easy loot. Could at least have kept the original difficulties as a heroic mode that also drop +1 items per boss or something.

This kneejerk attempt at implementing post-nerf values overnight is absolutely horrendous and out of touch. Please don’t do it.

As mentioned already, if you want to nerf anything, do it to the trash packs and not the bosses. If you go through with this I will seriously consider quitting after the first KT/Vashj downing - after all, they’re not the “real” fights anymore anyways, so what’s the point - and know that we’re probably gonna see this terrible approach carry through the rest of TBC.

7 Likes

What a shame to hear about unplanned nerfs, this isn’t shadowlands and I’m so glad about that. The original plan to nerf when Hyjal and BT are released sounds like a great idea. Not sure I’m interested in TBC if the grubby hands of retail are getting involved.

2 Likes

I think it is a good idea. There are a lot of struggling, disbanding guilds with 8/10. Let them clear the content if they are struggling to assemble 25 raiders every night.

2 Likes

Do you honestly think guilds struggle to find 25 people because the content is too difficult? Or perhaps it’s because they don’t enjoy the game in general, which is a completely different issue that is not solved by nerfing the raids.

4 Likes

Maybe you and your guild should work a lil bit on performing & communicate better.

I mean nerfing bosses for 39.8 average parses is just silly.

You also just got 1 kill on Astromancer and 1 kill on Moro, I mean as a progressing guild you can’t expect to just oneshot everything the first attempt.

The reason why you struggle finding members, or raids disbanding isn’t because the bosses are hard. It probably has something to do with how the guild is lead.

1 Like

Maybe I already cleared all content. We have the best execution of Lady Vashj in the entire server with 0 deaths. I was talking about struggling 8/10 guilds you are playing with 22-23 raiders on a daily basis.

1 Like

No I don’t. People quit the game because most of them don’t enjoy raidlogging.

1 Like

Double edged sword. There’s nothing inherently wrong with nerfing the content now, it doesn’t take away from the achievements of those who have done them pre-nerf, nor does it take away the past 8+ weeks of loot that they have over others.

At the same time we’re at 8/10 not because we struggle to find 25 people, it’s the opposite. We’re a casual guild who (after Classic) ended up with too many people for a 1x core 25man and too few for 2x teams - this led to a lot of swaps and benches, spreading gear and experience pretty thin. We could have just focused one of our raid days on progressing KT or Vashj but made the decision to try and do as many bosses as possible to gear the maximum number of people across 2 days until we felt it was time to do 8/10 one day and to KT or Vashj progress on the other (essentially alienating a few people who can only make one of the two raid days).

Now that we’ve server transferred and have a smaller core team we’re in a position to do that, and I’m looking forward to progression this week, having nerfs implemented this early would dampen that a bit.

Right?

All I see is 39.8 average parses.

Anyway, if people quit because they don’t enjoy raid logging how are easier bosses going to solve this? I mean I am raidlogging since week 2/3 release, if bosses will become more easy it will mean my raid time will be reduced by alot, which means I have to raidlog even longer.

People will get more bored cus there isnt a challenge, more people will quit. Also people will quit because the lack of trust in Blizzard.

They can overnight just come with the ban hammer and nerf bosses, why play the content at all if they just do this? I mean better just wait 8 weeks and get some free loot. Makes all the hard work of the people that are actually dedicated to the game meaningless.

Also the dead servers are a reason people quit. We for example got 3 active raids going, we have to bench people instead of not be able to fill.

Firemaw is more active than ever.

Yeah that is all well and good Kaivax.
But it DOESN’T MATTER on our server since we can’t kill them nerf or not anyway due to having a grand total of 50 PLAYERS ON THE WHOLE SERVER.

1 Like

Nerf them in P3, not now …

Don’t nerf the actual only « challenge » of the game.

Don’t let the crying babies win. If they want to kill Vashj or KT, they have to die and retry until they get them … like everybody before.

They aren’t ready for SWP if they struggle on these boss. You aren’t helping them by doing this.

2 Likes

I vote yes to nerf vashj mc. Mc is a boring classic mechanic.
But no for the other nerfs on KT and morogrim.

3 Likes

Work around the MC mechanic… Auto-unequip weapons WA for melee’s and hunters will get your far aswell as constant Mortal Strike debuff on Vashj to negate some of the potential healing if she takes a healer… It’s an easy fight if people keep their calm and remember to keep moving from poison puddles :wink:

1 Like

If you’re going to do this, at least give some title to us, who did it pre-nerf.

I still don’t understand why this cannot wait until phase 3 - at least players will be spread across more raids and won’t be just everybody raidlogging for the one new raid…

Why not wait until the release of the next tier, like you did with Mag/Gruul/Kara?

Can you please stop pushing nerfs to Classic content before the next phase? Except if you wanna make sure you kill off the last exciting thing to do in P2… If this goes live before P3 in any shape or form im 100% sure most players in my guild will quit on the spot.