Raid World Markers

I was wondering if there is any special reason why we are not allowed to use world markers outside of the raid/party group?
I find this tool to be very useful when going on solo adventures and doing solo achievements, however, I can’t place a world marker unless I join a group.
That doesn’t make any sense to me because they don’t do anything else but mark a certain area. I couldn’t find any addon either that lets me do this, since it’s a “built-in” blizzard setting and it just doesn’t allow us to modify that.
Can someone explain to me if I’m missing something here, please?

1 Like

There’s probably no specific reason, if I had to guess. They’ve just been regarded as a raid/group thing so that’s the way it is. There could be a real reason behind it as well, but I don’t work there, so I really have no idea. As silly as it may sound, maybe they want to reduce server bandwidth to a point where they’re purposefully only making them available in groups, so people wouldn’t use them accidentally etc. That’s just my speculation though.

But I’m pretty sure you can create a solo group for yourself using the dungeon finder tool, you don’t even need to accept anyone to your group or anything. Just head over to dungeons&raids, list a group (make it private to avoid cluttering other people’s finder) and then don’t invite anyone to it. Now you can use world markers as you please.

3 Likes

oh I didn’t know it works if I’m alone in party. Thanks (:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.