Raider.io Should be broken if it continues charging players for fast updating

First up I will say have no problem with link Rio, Curve or any other measure players want to demand when making groups.

I do however have a serious problem with Rio expecting players to pay real money to them for updating beyond the pace of a snail.

Blizzard really need to send them an email saying “stop charging players money for fast updating or we are breaking your addon”.

Charges of any kind for third party addons should be strictly against the TOS.

33 Likes

I mean, simbots also charge for fast updating.

2 Likes

Then should also be made to stop or be broken as well. Players should not have to pay for third party addons to play a game they are already paying for on a monthly basis.

14 Likes

Or someone else could make a similar third party site, skip the charging and steal their market.

It is probably a hell of a lot of work building, updating and maintaining something like rio. Makes sense that they try to make some golds. The fact that it is still usable when not paying means they are providing you a great service for free. They should be thanked.

10 Likes

If you can prove it, then it’s a permanent ban for the player selling boosts for real money.

1 Like

Maybe you should read the OP which has nothing to do with that, unless you think their is a player call Rio :rofl::rofl::rofl:

15 Likes

Maybe the OP should learn to write if he means anything different than I quoted.

I think you should take English classes, as the OP is about a website that charges for fast updating of it’s addon and nothing to do with boosts.

8 Likes

Fair enough. I think however the OP should take courses in economics to get rid of the sense of entitlement to a service he’s not paying for.

1 Like

It is an additional charge on top of charges for the game, and right now with M+ being a better gearing option than raiding Blizzard need to tell them either stop charging or be broken.

The game is unplayable without Rio, and you have to constantly update as you progress to get into better and better runs.

It is a third party website and players should not have to pay money to a third party website in order to be able to play the game they are already paying for.

4 Likes

May I remind the honorable gentleman, that RIO is a third party web site, which is not connected to Blizzard in any way, which still provides a free service for anyone using it. If the right honorable gentleman wants a fast update, he better pay for using it. There is no free lunch.

8 Likes

It should be broken if it does not stop charging for deliberately slow updating. Blizzards own armory is updated the second you log out.

You should not have to pay money to a third party website in order to play a game you are already paying for. I don’t think you get the farce that this is.

5 Likes

It provides a valuable service, which Blizzard does not provide, and for which its creators deserve payment. Blizzard of course can disable the API, but then the right honorable gentleman would have no means to check anyone who applies to his group, unless Blizzard itself provided that service.

2 Likes

Well people would have to find a way to check using some other service, or more likely Rio would have to be happy with their advertising revenues. WOW progress for instance provides a free service.

The fact remains that I resent having to pay for a third party website in order to play a game that I already bought and paid for.

4 Likes

Yeah sure, pay 50 $ for actual game, 15 $ per month, pay for that BS Rio and of course we will advertise you some store mounts :smiley:

2 Likes

Whether you have an account or not most runs appear on your rio within half an hour of completion. Sometimes when there are high volumes of traffic it can take longer.

1 Like

That isn’t the point, they are charging for fast updating during peak times when you need to update fast and push.

This shouldn’t be allowed by Blizzard and they should be told to stop this or be broken. I’m quite sure they would take the option of stopping.

5 Likes

I have an account and until the run is available on the leaderboard I can’t do anything and that is where the delay is IMO.

It doesn’t matter how many times I ask it too pull the data from the leaderboard for the dungeon I’ve run, until it’s available it’s just not there.

What is it doing for you?

1 Like

You don’t have to. Noone forces you. I don’t even look at these kind of sites and I’m doing just fine.

3 Likes

Then don’t. The fact remains that you’re not entitled to get someone else’s service for free. News flash - communism died 30 years ago.

1 Like