Raiders would rather play TBC than SL

So many of my member for some reason wanna play more TBC than newer content.
All of them have right to do it without a question. But is me or this patch delay kinda killed Retail raiding . Since m a lot of my Core members either stop playing a game cause of Patch timing and other part are more happy on TBC kinda makes me Worry for the Future raiding on Retail

i wanna hear more opinions, and does anyone else in same jam or situvation

2 Likes

TBC raiding is more relaxing compared to retail raiding. Also people are not pleased with SL as a whole atm. However this isnt raider exclusive.

17 Likes

Well it’s not surprising since TBC Classic is new and 9.0 Retail isn’t. The initial gameplay value of the former is of course higher than the exhausted replayability of the latter.

Maybe it’ll change back with 9.1 and people will ping-pong a bit between the two. Who knows.

Classic raids and gameplay overall are easier but offer a clear, meaningful progression for your character. Unlike modern WoW where everything has scaling forced on it with layer upon layer of difficulty and gear to a point where you feel permanently stuck in a hamster wheel and can never “complete” your character.

19 Likes

yea i know this is fine but you know for i don’t see the point of re playing it since we played it 2004. So based on all of this once WOD Classic come i mean you know it’s just silly

From professions to raiding, original WoW and TBC both offered numerous ways to feel like you’re progressing and more importantly… that you’re controlling the progression

Whereas in retail a vault system that is programmed to give you duplicated/offerings you your leggo slot/ etc is controlling raid and M+ progress. And stuff like professions have no purpose, they also have no profit.

11 Likes

So you are saying you can not get same item over and over in tbc and classic? I mean i know what you are saying but you know now none plays anymore classic vanilla , So what was the poind make classic vanilla if is gonna be deserted ?

2 Likes

Because people asked for it and it was borderline annoying so Blizzard gave in (also an absolute excellent cashcow). So if one really wants to play classic he can. He just has to deal with it that nowadays Vanilla is deserted because people fullfilled their nostalgia and moved on. TBCC will share the same fate when wotlk releases. People will spread out potentially as soon as there are no more new classic launches and pick what they prefer overall for whatever reason.

2 Likes

because TBC raiding is not an ESPORT designed raiding…you know everyone even the worst player can kill the content right now
but try to do it on RETAIL

Retail raiding is like when you are driving a CAR and you need to look around you so you will not kill people in your way you need to obey rules check your speed etc

Now TBC raiding is more like when you are siting with your friends doing barbeque party
drinking beer telling jokes :smiley:

10 Likes

Its not about that. On retail players have mainly no reason to progress in higher difficulty levels. Most pople simply take path of least resistance and quit. TBC forces you to do content on 1 difficulty. You can cheat it in some easy mod and quit. You beat content or you dont. Yes raids are easyer becouse its old game but physolophie behind it is simply genius. Retail lacks exclusivity which makes raiding not interesting.

2 Likes

Yes but thats becouse its old game. TBC raiding being more popular have nothing to do with being easyer or more relaxing. Its simply more fun to kill bosses what you never beated in some sort of LFR. Retail is not fun becouse its too acessible.

Retail is not fun because everything below mythic is useless and mythic is gated behind 37,5 hour weekly grind like WORK but no one is paying you…you pay blizzard :smiley:

6 Likes

I almost didn’t touch retail raiding in patch 9.0 apart from killing the first boss in heroic, killing a few bosses in LFR for the chars that needed a specific legendary and spending 40 k to buy the curve achievement.

But it has nothing to do with TBC or Classic, rather is down to two reasons. First I wanted to focus on the dungeons, since learning m+ is an investment lasting for the whole expansion while learning the raid would only have lasted one patch, and secondly raiding is much inferior to m+ for gearing, be it for main or alts.

However the next raid will probably be more of interest, unrelated to TBC or classic.

Retail raiding is over designed and too complicated for it to be enjoyable on a weekly basis.
Hard =/= fun.
Hard can add to the fun factor, but it’s not the sole factor.

3 Likes

You can get dupes and I was thinking in more of a general sense, not population numbers.

I played original wow and tbc when they were brand new and for me then it was a setup that while annoying in some areas, I felt like I had control of my characters progression.

You played TBC in 2004?

1 Like

Because TBC raids are really easy and the gearing out your char with it feels better because Shadowlands mythic raids is way too hard for the outcome you get since you can get equal gear with just spamming dungeons or doing arenas.

2 Likes

Don’t care about old games. I’m happy about the new retail raid

2 Likes

Does it matter?

I switched from SL to TBC for one massive reason … TBC has content to play unlike this boring slow SL crap where I’ve had nothing to do for f@*king months !!!

I thought the main plot of the game was the anima drought in the shadow lands … seems that that has carried over into the game content as well.

4 Likes