Raidfinder too easy!

Been raiding the last 2 weeks on normal with guild but decided to do raidfinder too as I needed some gear.
We got down all bosses in 15 min.
What is the point of even have raidfinder when you can get down the bosses so fast?
Then it is better to do some mythic+ runs and then you have your gear to queue up for normal/heroic raids.

3 Likes

It there so I can pretend be hero, like Method and Limit players.

15 Likes

So people that do not want to go through group searching and organizing can experience the story, because raids are a part of the story and if you want to experience it whole you need to do the raids.

9 Likes

LFR is the tourist mode, and can’t really be called raiding. It’s a glorified loot pinata that rewards players for minimum effort or no effort at all.

25 Likes

I like raidfinder cause I hate raiding but need to do the raid to unlock kul tirans

3 Likes

LFR drop must be blue color. There is nothing EPIC about LFR boss fights …

7 Likes

It almost is. It is 370 gear. Pretty useless.

Either to practise or be happy to beat the game on easy mode

Everyone doesn’t want games to be a challenge

It’s so that non raiders can see and experience the story line too. Its conveniently broken up into bite size chunks.

9 Likes

Essentially this.

I play WoW to relax, which is why I don’t play through Mythic Dungeons or bother with Normal Raids. But especially the last Raid is full of lore that I’m interested in, and LFR helps me to casually experience it without too much hassle.

Also, LFR is a great way to learn more about your spec. It’s basically a sandbox, like Warfronts.

13 Likes

Pity that lfr rewards it’s own transmog set so collectionist like me had to waste the time in it.
It was marginally helpful only with uldir, a very quick way to do your weekly reorigination array bump.

2 Likes

@Tifa
You do not need to do the raid to unlock the next allied races. I know there was a lot of confusing regarding this but I have seen a actuall blue post about this.
You need exalted reputation and to do the War Campaign but the raid is not part of that if I understand. You can also do both of these things now and start the unlock scenario right away once they hit live.

Here is the post. It refer to Zandalari but I assume it also apply to Kul Tirans.

https://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=80608&region=us
1 Like

the one thing i hate the most about lfr is the “it’s only lfr” attitude, yesterday a tank was asking the other to tank the adds while he tanks the boss (this was the first boss) and then you get comments like “no need it’s only lfr”

it’s sad cause people were willing to do it as if it was normal. but then you get told to ignore it all.

1 Like

Breaking: easy mode is easy.

Smugness aside, I thought pretty much the same thing. Gave normal a couple of shots, killed the first 3 bosses (yesyes, nothing special), took time and strategy.
Did lfr today, everyone was just shooting anything they pleased, first boss done with zero strats, halve the people didnt even switched targets. Third boss, nobody killed adds. Done in 15-20 minutes.
The gear is pretty much obsolete already though, so i wouldnt worry about that too much. Im just there for the mogs

1 Like

TL:DR its the story mode of raid content where your still rewarded gear with minimized boss tacts, essentially idiot proof.

1 Like

its only the first wing of the raid, relax.
Every expansions first wing was easy with only a few mechanics in it and then second wing always had 1 boss that was hard and then last wing has tough stuff.
Its always been like that, and it is how it should be.
Pal of mine opened a guild years ago, doing LFR only. Now theyre trying for BFA heroic because people stuck with it and progressed.
I know you all don’t believe there is progression in the game etc etc and that maybe, just maybe, LFR leads to other things … but it does.

4 Likes

The difficulty suits the reward. 370 gear is terrible and available from world content.

7 Likes

I wiped on first boss 3 times and had half raid dead on second. However 370 gear is kinda worthless so rewards fit difficulty quite well

2 Likes

Oooh I see thank you! Things are so confusing this expansion lol. Guess I will still do lfr for the achievs though

3 Likes

I do it cause the story leads me there and also to see inside the raid. I have no time for organised grouping, it’s usually stressful and not fun without friends.

It sometimes has nice transmogs in it too which is nice.

1 Like