Raids are getting ridiculously complex

If its so easy why havent you killed it? Clearly lots of people dying to it is “only bad play” Way to reduce things to ridiculousness.

one thing, as you said mod timer, personaly no boss in wow or any other game should need to recuire a mod to make it viable, and even if people do them, one smal thing you might have to dodge, can make you miss the timer anyways, also due to how the encounter works, anyone can make a smal mistake like getting stunned buy a bot, heck you can get out from a bot and instantly get stunned whit wormhole on you and there is nothign you can do about it then.

Getting stunned by a bot is not a small mistake; they have a huge blatant circle to tell you where not to stand and the cast to stun takes ages anyway. If you get stunned you are genuinely bad.
As for wormhole, if someone is standing in a bots stun radius when that comes in, they’re an idiot.
Seriously, so much if this can just be handled by common sense, but I suppose that’s dead for most people nowadays.

I havent been in the New raid, but I can talk about how I feel about Bod. I think some bosses is great, on others I get realy frustreted over all things I need to keep track on at same time. I am currently feeling frustrated most about colclave hc. There is not 2 or 3 things you need to look out for, there is sometimes a lot more going on at the same time. For eks
You stay in the circle of the bird. While you are under that circle you need to watch out for the frog, or the tiger that charge you. You need to look at yourself and rest of the raid too see who has it. And you have to move away from that mechanics path, so you dont get it. Then you need to be sure to stay behind the boss so you dont get killed by his ability. And while you are under the bird, raptors may come. You need to find out who raptor is targeting you, stun the raptors… and y If you can purge or spellsteal the haste buff you need to do that do. If this waent enough you might get hex, or silenced. You also need to manage your damage so the boss doesnt die while bird is up…

For me personaly, the whole fight feels LIKE a big mess. Its like they have just take all they can think Of, and chose one boss for it. A lot Of people has problems with focusing on more then 2/ 3 things at the same time, and conclave hc feels too overtuned.

I also dont like king R much. Also here too many mechanics, but it feels somehow better since most of them dont overlap each other.

It is very good with mechanic, but I think it is better to have like 2 mechanics at the same time instead of 6. Or you could start with 2 in ph1, and ph 2 will add a mechanic nr 3, and so on.

I also admit that I realy prefered dps check bosses instead of all these mechanics at same time.

Before I loved to raid, now I dont care so much. I prefer running mythic plus instead cause I feel relaxed, and I am enjoying the game. I dont find myself relaxed in raid, its not so much fun as it was before. Those nights I have been raiding I am so tired afterwards, cause my brain feels like I have been on work for serveal hours. Raiding isent supposed to be like work, or studying… it is supposed to be fun… Well currently it isent in my opinion.

Conclave I still really messy at first and definitely the toughest hurdle in the raid; was for my group as well. We just formed our own kill order (Pa’ku, Kimbul, Akunda, then Gonk), and made sure we killed them at the right times so there was no overlap (just before Pa’ku’s wrath)
That’s literally the decider of the fight outside of personal responsibility. If you can avoid the abilities overlapping, it’s much simpler.

Killed Mythic Conclave.

Had attempts on Mythic Mekka also and the wormhole/bomb overlaps are certainly not the issue either.

Learn to play issues. Get better or go back to LFR/Normal. Simple.

I decided to stop raiding last weekend, for this reason. As it was only raiding that really kept me interested in WoW, this might be the end of the road for me, after 13 years. Who knows, might be a short break or not.

I quite get and understand that a lot of players enjoy all the mechanics, and all I can say is: fine, I’m glad you’re having fun.

I’m not. I’m not enjoying all the required preparation, even though my guild is easy-going and tolerant. I’m not enjoying (as one of my co-healers said in healer chat) having to read a 10-page manual for each fight.

I particularly don’t enjoy the newer emphasis on awareness and being in the right place at the right time and all the different (senseless) mechanics that one must deal with. There has been a bit of a change in raid design. At one time there were lots of fights where you could concentrate on maximising hpm or hps at the same time as avoiding a bit of crap on the ground. Now the emphasis is more on avoiding crap and handling a mechanic. I understand that the objection to maximising hpm (say) is that it becomes a gear-check fight, but it is a lot more fun than wiping to one of 13 different mechanics that you failed to observe.

TL;DR: favourite fight: Patchwerk. Hate CoS.

Y’see, I find fights like Patchwerk terribly dull. All you do is stand there, hit the boss, move every now and again. Fights with mechanics are great imo because you can experience a proper learning curve as you get better at dealing with it, even after the initial kill, it’s fascinating watching how people slowly start managing to weave their highest DPS in with dealing with the mechanics as you slowly reach perfection (or as near to it as can be.)
But I wholly disagree that you need to read guides for these raids, or even spend ages preparing. Most abilities can be reacted to on a fundamental level without needing to read up on them, and any that do can be explained briefly by one person.

Except you don’t have to read any kind of manual? Especially not a 10-page one and even more so if your guild isn’t super hardcore.

IDK. i was underwhelmed from CoS. Both fights are just do DMG, dodge bad, kick. That’s as patchwerk as it can get IMHO.

As a normal DPS none of the mechanics really matter to you, but tanks and healers have some mechanics as well where they need to focus on.

What is preparation to if not reading up on mechanics and finding a strategy that, not only works, but fits your raid.

I don’t want to wipe a few hundred times on a boss that just requires me to stand still and press my DPS buttons, i could just go to a training dummy all day then.

Hmm well our healer team are all old 30+ people with slow reflexes and I bet most youngsters should tell us to not even bother with mythic, yet we go in there and try our best. We don’t use many guides since it don’t suit our healer team, since we only have one flexible healer that can pick and choose utility.

How we handle core mechanics as a team are to look trough our options and talk about them. If needed we will have healer meetings during the breaks and get going in the discord discussing our weak points etc.

If I were to attempt to research every fight too much or even pug the new raids I whould not truly enjoy them. But since me and my fellow healers are in it togheter as a five man team, we can help eachother out.

We are currently progressing Mythic Mekka, he’s super fun, however extremely punishing, if we fail our dispels, slowfalls etc. people will simply die. Players who get caught in abilities may also pretty surely die etc. As a healer I prefer these kind of fights, since It’s really about getting in there and work as a team more then a full focus on maximizing outputs.

There are EXTREMELY condensed guides for both bosses on Heroic difficulty. If you are not okay with spending 10 minutes (in reality even less) to learn the basics of a bossfight then LFR and normal exist where you can waltz in and kill everything without knowing anything at all.

Eh Council does not have any overlappiing mechanics that are hard to deal with at the same time if u control your dps…

Some of this on the mythic side of things are true. But I do not agree what so ever for the heroic/normal version. No problem at all going in blind killing all bosses with a few glimses through the dungeon journal.

LFR is your place.

The raids are as complex as they should be. And its good the way it is atm. Borderline faceroll at the bottom and thought through at the top.

this is partialy the reason why so many people feel so nostalgic about classic and want also legacy servers for TBC/WoLK - because this was the era where raids were actually an RPG element of game not a strange hybrid of frogger/dance dance rewolution/piano symulator

I will never understand how someone can be able to enjoy “just playing is character”, unless the player doing this is actually 8 years old.

I know it sound like an attempt to trashtalk, but it’s very sincere and I don’t know any way to tell this without being a little bit disrespectful to some extant.

“Easy” and “Boring” are almost the same words for me.

What’s even the point of raiding if you don’t want to do mechanics?

90% of the game content, if not 95%, is already a complete faceroll where you can “just play your character”, aka just mash your buttons randomly. Why don’t you just go in those 95%?

… or why don’t you just download Diablo 3 already?

Complex mechanics are the reason why Wow is the only MMORPG on the market with an active and important PvE endgame.

Without them you end-up with games like Teso or SWTOR, or even Gw2.

They are great games overall, but litteraly everybody on their playerbase agree on the fact that “endgame content is irrelevant and only used by some no-lifers”.

I don’t think that’s what you want for WoW. Well, I hope so.

so you dont understand how tens of milions of players always played this game.

i will explain it very simply - normaly functioning people have enough chalenges in life/schools/work/family that they do not seek chalenges in virtual world.

those who do usually do it because they do not function normaly in at least 1 of those areas.

and no its not trashtalk either - its truth.

but its normal that people who have those deficiencies and run away into virtual world would deny it. its self preservation mechanism.

No, you don’t like challenge, for whatever reason ingame, that’s fine. Other people do, and it has no bearing whatsoever on your irl status, job or lack thereof.

This is why games have multiple difficulties. Catering for different interest and engagement levels, not to cater to self esteem issues, or whatever other mental handicap you’d like to assume anyone who enjoys overcoming a challenge has.

It’s getting fairly tiresome, you make reasonable points often, but it’s often tainted with this slant that anyone wanting to play at a higher level is a failure irl and has to compensate.

1 Like