Random dc's after patch

same…everything else is working, youtube, browsing, twitch everything was running on second screen for testing, all except wow and battle.net which crashes.

same behavior as described above, like a massive lag spike but with crashes.

Exactly the same problem here, random dc’s and also dc from BN client. Had this problem for a couple of weeks.

Hey guys,

after running the game, close the Battlenet app and you should be fine until Blizzard and Telekom found a solution to this problem.

regards!

same issue here, not only for me but some friends as well . It never happens during openworld content, only in dungeons. I hope its getting fixed soon, since it makes pushing mythic+ absolutely impossible…

I am getting random disconnects 1-2 times every hour. It started before Easter and not getting any better. And like the guys are describing it affects only Blizzard APP and the game itself, when discord and Twitch keeps running without a problem. Could we please have GM attention to this matter. We need your insight.
This is extremely frustrating and it keeps escalating with every day having to go through that.
while I was writing this just got another disconnect. PLEASE!!!

I get similar issues ever since 8.1 dropped. I lose connection to the game once every 30 mins or so absolutely ruining my guilds attempts at progress. I haven’t verified if I lose connection to battle net or not, but everything else including twitch and discord still function fine, I literally just get booted to the wow login screen and have to input my details again.

Unbelievably stupid. ISP is Virgin Media, based in the UK

Hi,

Happens for me as well, for the past week.

Was thinking something wrong with add-ons, but tried clean wow and same issue.
There’s no ISP issues, since stable 50ms to all blizzard IP’s with 0 packet loss.

It seems to be a BattleNet authentication issue, every time you disconnect from BattleNet it disconnects from game then you have to wait random amount of time from 5 seconds up to few minutes to log back in.

Obviously and clearly something wrong on the servers/BattleNet app themselves, connections seems to be fine.

Had the same issues and I was just able to fix the issue for me by lowering the Front FPS from 100 to 70 and the Background FPS from 30 to 20. It’s not a permanent solution, of course, but at least it got me back in the game. I hope it stays that way.

You can do this by going to System > Advanced and then the two top right options.

Will we get any update from blues ? I mean by now everyone should know that this is no personal issue ^^, especially funny when their organized event namely MDI gets those issues aswell in middle of runs. This is borderline ridiculous blizz. And all these troubleshoot your connection bs you can keep to yourself… Game is currently unplayable for a lot of people and all you can say is troubleshoot your connection even though we know, and sadly you know as well that we’re aware that this is an issue on your side… Last week for me for sure if this continues, like 3 dc’s per M+ run or dc every 3/4 arenas you play is not playable…

Suddenly thousands of people started to get the same error - yet support says no active issues with the game or servers at the moment. I don’t know…

Dunno since when, but right now it seems like they’re even too arrogant to just say yes we have issues, and are working on fix, might as well save money and release people who manage forums and put bots who are answering instead since regardless of what you ask or complain about same response is given ^^ Really get ISP support center vibe when you ask something to them
“Have you tried restarting your modem”
“Unplug and plug your connection”
“Restart PC”

Hi,
getting kicked from wow and bnet couple of times an hour as well. MTR towards eu.battle.net running during the last DC shows a packet loss for me starting at ae1-br02-eqam1 as57976 net :
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |

Host - % Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last

| blizzard.demarc.cogentco. com - 0 | 635 | 635 | 39 | 40 | 76 | 39 |
| ae1-br02-eqam1.as57976. net - 2 | 608 | 601 | 61 | 69 | 273 | 62 |
| et-0-0-3-br02-eqpa4.as57976. net - 1 | 618 | 615 | 45 | 66 | 4397 | 45 |
| be2-pe01-eqpa4.as57976. net - 2 | 592 | 581 | 56 | 57 | 92 | 57 |
| 137.221.66.35 - 2 | 596 | 586 | 56 | 57 | 87 | 56 |
| 10.109.1.38 - 2 | 604 | 596 | 57 | 58 | 93 | 57 |
| 185.60.115.40 - 2 | 608 | 601 | 57 | 58 | 93 | 58 |
|____________|||||||
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Hey all,

If you are still having disconnects or general lag/connection issues, run a WinMTR test instead of the running the Looking Glass test. This test does a connection test from the game server to you, but we need to see the connection test done from your computer to the game server.

Please start the test before running World of Warcraft, and let it run until you encounter the lag or disconnect completely. Stop it there and post the results here as Preformatted text </> so we can have a look into this.

Please post your location as well (country) and which ISP (Internet Service Provider) you connect through.

The connection loss here starts earlier on, you can see that there is packet loss from the very start and as such carries through. Go through the steps listed in the Connection Troubleshooting Support Article and see if that improves things for you.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Hi Nenyasqi,

Sorry, but I can’t run a WinMTR test, as I’m using WoW on a Mac. Is there an alternative that works on Mac, too?

And to make it worse, I jusr DC’d while being in a dungeon group tanking, they kicked me out, but I had to close the client because everything was unresponding; then I got 30 minutes debuff preventing me from queuing in dungeons because I ABANDONED MY GROUP!
I did NOT abandon them, THEY kicked me out!
Now I have 30 minutes to wait because of silly disconnects and lame blizzard engineers cant tune up their silly network/servers!
Thankfully my subscription ends in 2 days.

Same issue. Getting constantly dcd when trying to run old content dungeons. Battlenet client kind of freezes too.

Exact same issue here, random disconnects 2-3 times per day. Usually some other people disconnect at the exact same time (we had 3 people disconnect at the exact same time during our guild raid).
This is obviously utterly frustrating if it happens during a m+ key or a raid…
Any news?

Guild member and I have the same problem, different countries, but DC and lags at the exact same time…

+1 same problem me in Sweden and friend in Norway disconnect at same time in dungeons, people running in spot battlenet client DC, last 2 weeks

I disconnected today, bnet as well.