Random dc's after patch

Me and 2 guildmates have the same issue, I live in Sweden and they live in Finland, we all have Telia as internet provider, we all disconnect from the battle.net application and that also makes us all disconnect from wow. The tree of us get disconnected at the same time, this has happened in m+ aswell as in raids so. The problems are not related to the World of Warcraft severs, it’s related to the battle.net application.

I was relieved to see that I wasn’t the only one who had this problem. I’ve been disconnected at least 3-4 times a day for the last 2 weeks. Raid, dungeon, questing, no matter what I’m doing, disconnecting. Sometimes the battle.net connection is breaking. I can play right after that. It’s a momentary fall. But it is very annoying because it is repeated very often during the day. On the other hand, there is no problem in my internet. Speed and ping healthy. I thought it was just me. If you are complaining about the same problem, please write your problems here. So we get the attention of the employees faster.

Hopefully the problem will be solved most recently. Thanks.

Same issue for me, will run winMTR and get back with logs…

I have been having the same issue. Random d/c which occurs 1 every 2-3 hours.

What I have noticed is the following:

1. In daily HC instance, I d/c’d. When I came back on, I apologized to the group stating “sorry, d/c”. 2 of the other people responded, “no worries, happened to us too”. However, it did not happen to the whole group and the instance was not affected.

2. Some changes right before the d/c are undone. Or restored to a backup snapshot or something of the sort.
    For example: Sold trash to vendor. Disconnect occurred shortly afterwards. When I logged back in, the trash was in my bags again.
    Another time, I made a macro and saved it. Then I dragged the Macro to my action bar. Used/tested the macro for at least a minute or so. Disconnect occurred. When I logged back in, the macro on my action bar and the saved macro were gone. So I created the macro again, with the same name. Suddenly, the link on bar appeared. So it seems the macro was “undone” but the action bar was not undone - it was only missing the macro itself.

Overall, a very strange thing that has only recently started to happen, maybe the last month or so. It is quite annoying when it happens at a critical time.

2 Likes

We have been through this before, sadly.

My wife has random disconnects but we have same computers and connection, doesn’t happen to me.

Same problem here. Get DCd from Battlenet and can’t connect for a minute or 2, sometimes it locks me out for a minute from trying to reconnect. All that while I’m talking to my friends on Discord without any problems.

1 Like

Same here. Exactly the same problem.

third DC in 40 minutes today … WOW51900319 :worried:

DC 2 min ago, wow and battle.net

This problem seems pretty common :confused: For me it started a week or two ago, getting DC every hour, it freezes for 2 sec and then I get dc, there are like 4 ppl in our raid group who are experiencing the same issue, but as others´ve said discord or chrome for example are still running, it would be nice to get some answers, I can´t do m+ without risking my friends´s keys and it is getting pretty frustrating.

And still blizzard thinks its not on their end?

Yeah, I have the same problem 2-3 times a day. Friends of mine are also affected. Disconnect from WoW + Battlenet for 30sec to 1min. It’s definitley a problem on Blizzard’s end and never occured prior to 8.1.

same problem here

Same problem here.

Last time after 8.1 went live, same stuff happened, mostly laggy servers, but blizz claimed no problem on their end. after doing endless testing blizz recommended, and found nothing on my side, blizz after few months claimed, that servers have severall issues, and they working on it.
Well it seems the same stuff happening again, just this time not server disconnects, but battle.net now.

Same here.I could play about 2 days without any crashes,but today it returned again,after 5min in game get dc in game and battlenet.

I have this problem as well. It’s really, really annoying.

Denmark, ISP is Hiper, which is a subsidiary of TDC. Connection is pretty much stable to every other game, and it’s 1GBit/s down and 60Mbit/s up.

I can tell you what the traceroute is though.
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| A-ST-TH - 0 | 515 | 515 | 0 | 0 | 9 | 1 |
| 10.202.232.1 - 0 | 515 | 515 | 12 | 20 | 165 | 20 |
| 10.242.129.232 - 0 | 515 | 515 | 8 | 14 | 51 | 18 |
| 10.0.30.145 - 0 | 514 | 514 | 10 | 22 | 289 | 37 |
| ae10-0.taas1cr2dk.gc-net.eu - 0 | 515 | 515 | 10 | 15 | 50 | 13 |
| 213.242.108.193 - 0 | 515 | 515 | 11 | 18 | 53 | 12 |
| ae-2-3209.edge3.Frankfurt1.Level3.net - 0 | 515 | 515 | 23 | 28 | 49 | 28 |
| level3-gw.neterra.net - 0 | 515 | 515 | 24 | 28 | 54 | 29 |
| ae1-br01-eqfr5.as57976.net - 0 | 515 | 515 | 27 | 33 | 193 | 30 |
| et-0-0-2-br01-eqam1.as57976.net - 0 | 502 | 502 | 27 | 80 | 2860 | 30 |
| et-0-0-31-pe01-eqam1.as57976.net - 0 | 515 | 515 | 28 | 33 | 45 | 35 |
| 137.221.66.43 - 0 | 515 | 515 | 27 | 32 | 41 | 34 |
| 185.60.112.157 - 0 | 515 | 515 | 27 | 32 | 39 | 36 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Love how this forum just removes whitespace. I love that it reformats preformatted text. 10/10.

For me it started with a random dc once a day few weeks ago and its just gotten worse, since last week i also lose connection with the battle.net launcher.
every time it has happend i have been on twitch and discord so its wow and battle.net that have this issue, every thing else works fine

For me and my friends, it started like 2-3 weeks ago.
We get lag for like 20 secs, then dc. Never experienced these problems before.

Caused many wipes and missed some timers in keys. WTB fix

I’m afraid this doesn’t work. I’ve been running it for ages and I just can’t find any packet loss.

What I can find are evermore disconnects. Happens about once every 2-3 hours. It kills about 1/15 arena games and at least one pull every raid night.

What I DC from on BattleNet is random, and sometimes it’s everything. Sometimes my character just skirts around and can’t do anything, including log off, and the game never entirely DC’s, and the chatbox keeps working, sometimes I just DC from the whole game, sometimes I can see players doing stuff but my chatbox isn’t updating, sometimes I get a little message saying error 2 from the voice chat service.

All the while, I’m on Discord and everything is working perfectly.

Getting really REALLY tired of it. Please fix it. I know it ain’t that easy but please PLEASE put it at critical priority on your internal scrum board or whatever it is you’re using. This is just awful.

Yeah,i can still keep talking in Discord voice chat,and other internet stuff work,run perfect,so it is not problem of people internet,but its in your side Blizzard,please fix it.Imposible play even other Blizzard games,same -disconnect from Battlenet aplication and then game.