Random dungeon finder

You mean the version if the game that as it stands barely utilizes the tool? Regular Non Mythic Content is pushed there even further away than dungeons are now in Classic WotLK. You sure it doesn’t sound like something anti-RDF would enjoy?

Honestly so far the classic really does great job showcasing the issues with lack of Cross-Realm functionality. Both with realms dying and realms being close to their population limits.

Two realms already died out (Ashbringer and Jin’do) one is functionally dead (Giantstalker that currently serves as a refugee for players enjoying hardcore challenge) and one will likely die out in a month. With maybe 1 or two more also dying by the end of the expansion.

4 Likes

You seem to imply that RDF is a retail feature. That’s just plainly not true.

To add to the discussion.
Blizzcon 2018… Ion talks about Design Philosophy for WoW Classic (read Vanilla):

Do we maintain the status quo, do we do work to remove something that was added, do we re-add something or do we re-add certain bugs. That felt like part of the experience. → Framework that’ll help guide the WoW classic dev team.

Design Philosophy:

• Deliver an authentic experience.
    We want it to feel authentic. We want to create an experience that feels just like 2006 WoW. (…) It should feel like the game that you know.

• High priority on integrity of social dynamics
    It’s also about the community, about the social dynamics that is a part of what define WoW classic. We understand that is a key part of the experience and anything that might threaten to undermine those dynamics we should be very suspect about.

• Avoid messing with 1.12 data.
    (…) We worried that if we were to crack this open (the code), it would really be like opening pandora’s box. Cause the second we start to substitute our modern judgement to solve problems from 12 years ago.
    We’re deviating from our goal of making a historical recreation of the game that it was and making something different. And that is something we want to avoid.

On the slide after that (again for Vanilla Classic):

• Dungeon finder? Of course not.
  • Cross-Realm grouping? Never.
  • Flying? Come on.
  • Achievements? Nope.
  • Unified acoution houses? No way.

In summary for WoW Vanilla Classic the design philosophy and the choices they made, make a lot of sense. Now if we were to take the same design philosophy and use that to analize the state that WotLK is now in it doesn’t make sense…

You can’t have both an authentic, historically correct, recreation of WotLK and not add RDF when the ICC patch comes. Other way around, why was RDF removed and why were flying and achievements added?

There’s only one thing left to say: Practice what you preach Blizzard. Cause as a WotLK enthousiast I’m not having the historical recreation I was promised…

TL;DR: Got me ranting again. Sorry for the long post.

2 Likes

You mean the same game version with mythic dungeons (that you cannot RDF anyways) and raids? No thanks.

This is wotlk classic, not experience-hand-holding, craddling, Nd bottle feeding by blizzard. Realms will die.
If you want lively realms with cross realm functionality, just go to retail. The features you want are literally already there, why wont you play that version of the game?

This is 2023, on the latest patch, with 12 years of private server experience. How braindead do you have to be to think this will be an authentic wotlk experience? Wotlk came and went. Its gone. We’ve got wotlk classic tuned to todays players.

If you want an authentic experience, learning a fresh expansion, just play retail. Theres nothing wrong with retail, and it sounds like it better fits what you are looking for.

It sounds like you need to petition blizzard to hand out more welfare epics and nerf all content so that you can clear it with no communication with other players.

Right… What is your point in this sentence actually? No seriously you’re losing me here since I can’t understand what you’re trying to say by this comparison. How would company putting actual effort in trying to maintain healthy realm population (which benefits both players and company in question since they avoid server congestion issues) be “hand-holding and bottle feeding”?

If you want rather barren realms without cross realm, just go to Era? Oh wait they implemented clusters to help populate the world so huh. This is the only version without anything done for smaller realms.

Now to actually answer your question let me keep it simple. Not a fan of the old World Changes brought by Cata. I much prefer my main class as it’s currently is in WotLK rather than Paladins in Retail. Also I really don’t enjoy BfA storyline which I’d have to play through if I wanted to both level up and maintain some progression of my gear. Old zones scale to my level, sure but rewards remain as poor as they always were which in turns bars me from doing actual group content. Going from that I’m also more nostalgic to Wrath especially when it comes to content even if most of that nostalgia was developed over pServers (sadly internet access was not a commodity in my country during Wrath’s actual run) and Vertical Curve of WoW makes actually experiencing Wrath on Retail impossible.

Happy with those reasons or should I go on?

1 Like

No need to call someone braindead friend. But let me ask you a question. What is todays players?

Cause as I see it I am ‘todays players’ as well. And WotLK as it is sure doesn’t cater to me.

Beside, you misinterpret my words… I want a historical recreation of my favourite expansion. And yes I can live with a couple of (major) adjustments if it makes other people happy. I’m not for HC+(++++) but if that makes people happy have at it. I don’t have to participate in it.

But removing something that’s, for me, a core feature of the historical recreation just doesn’t sit well with me. (and a part of the community).

On a final note… You saying: “Retail fits you better, go play that”. Doesn’t adress any of my points made earlier. It’s a cheap way to weasel yourself out of a couple of good questions.

2 Likes

You cant argue with him, people like him arent here to have fun, they are here to ruin classic for everyone else …

why are all these warriors on classic forums so … d… different …

2 Likes

If you want to have a relatively authentic experience from OG wotlk (for example having RDF), you are told to go to retail for some weird reason.

But the same people gladly accept hc+ which literally came from retail?

I cant see the logic in this.
Its only SOME things that are acceptable to import from retail?

7 Likes

Yeah i dont understand this.

Theyre okay with HC+ but theyre not okay for random people grouping up?

It killed world immersion. Shut up, you all sit in Dalaran in /1 spamming GDKP runs GOLD ONLY (yeah right) . GDKP THIS GDKP THAT.

4 Likes

I thought you claimed retail was like that? Because apparently it’s not.

All I and others in this thread wanted was WotLK in its 3.3.5 state with content-only progression. No retuning, no fixes (except for technical stuff like, I dunno, compatibility issues or colorblind mode), no changes - just like they did with Vanilla.

If you don’t like it because it sounds too easy to you, why don’t you go play Mythic on retail instead?

2 Likes

Im happy qith wotlk classic - not crying and bichin all over the forums. Having a blast.

If youre not having fun, why dont you go spend some time thinking about why youre still in wotlk classic?

Who says I’m still playing WotLK?

I still have gametime because I’ve bought game time per 3 months and I’ve still got some gametime. I’m only logging in every now and then to see what’s up on Firemaw, Mograine and Gehennas to see what’s the news on those servers.

Meanwhile I keep the discussion going.

Complaining about a game you don’t even play, nice one.

1 Like

You jump to conclusions friend. But I guess it’s my fault for trying to make my posts shorter, so let me explain.

I have a lot of gametime in WoW classic. In Vanilla, TBC and WotLK. During WotLK I’ve leveled a Paladin, a Druid and A warrior to max level. I leveled a Death Knight to level 73. I’ve leveled professions up to max on 2 characters. In the first part of WotLK I’ve done a ton of normals and a ton of heroics. I’ve got 3 days of ‘played’ time just on my Paladin in WotLK (my fav expac).

Now if we take my Paladin as an example… A big chunk of that played time went to… Standing in Dalaran getting groups together instead of actually playing the game… Since I ended up on 2 servers during WotLK that ‘revived’ and died during WotLK. (Firemaw–> Can’t login–> Take FCM to Ashbringer (my old server)–> Take FCM Mograine).

Why do I keep the discussion about RDF going? Because I love WotLK, I would gladly play again. But in the state it’s in now it’s a hybrid abomination and I feel cheated out the full experience to the expansion I’ve had the most fun with.

TL;DR: Keeping a discussion going about a game I feel very passionate about and I left cause of strange design choices, botting and dying servers and Blizzard giving a rat’s tuchus about problems a part of the community has.

1 Like

Then go find another hobby that you can ruin with your incessant whining.

Haha, don’t worry, I just couldn’t help jumping on the opportunity.

1 Like

I’m still gonna stay until the end of WotLK Classic’s progression because I believe in my guild and want to see this journey that started in 2019 through to the end, but after that I’m out for good. Vanilla Classic got my hopes up for a truthful re-release (and Era) of TBC and WotLK, but by now it’s clear that’s not what this company has in mind anymore. So yeah once this is over I’m jumping ship for good.

Blizzard is doing already a fine job ruining it by themselves.

4 Likes

If you dont like what blizzard are doing, unsub and go somewhere else. Find a game and company you can support.
I like what blizz are doing.

1 Like