Random suspension?

Hi. First post here!

Me and my friend have been dying to play classic+ ever since rumors started flowing around..

We bought the Heroic Pack to get beta access and started playing.. We both made characters and played normally.. After some time my friend tries to log on to play and yet he is suspended? His name wasnt offensive in anyway nor did he do anything that would trigger something off..

Ocb Filter was his name.. Im writing this in his stead because he is quite mad about payed 60Euro for something that he gets suspended from… please advise

You may preview the Blizzard statement here:

Thanks! I’ve read that over a couple of times.. and yet I cant see a reason as to why a name such as Ocb Filter would trigger a ban from the beta.. 60Euro beta…

Thank you for the Reply

I mean atleast give a name change for that name if THAT even is too far for some reason??

Thank you for your understanding that certain (unshown) names has been deemed too inappropriate for the game. I hope that your friend will learn from this and return at the Forever launch.

No purchase is necessary to participate in the Beta, there is a free opt-in.

If at any moment you have created a character with an offensive name wheter you play with that character or not. Even if you deleted that character. They ban you and it’s goodbye 60 euros.

No it’s free opt-in or what most people do, pay the 60 euro’s for a guaranteed spot

thanks for the replies! really appreciate it, even tho I somewhat disagree. Like it said in the blue post that softcore silly names will get a force name change- How would Ocb Filter get flagged for anything else than a name change. I just cant seem to comprehend that at all.

Also paying 60euro for access to beta for a game youve played for years on end. subbing for YEARS. and not even getting a hail mary warning like that name may be bad to use… even tho I’ve seen worse names at this moment..

Ocb Filter wouldn’t have been flagged. Your friend has created a character with a much more egregious name (logged in or not) and that’s what he’s banned for.

Why do people insist that they paid 60 for the beta? You get a lot more with the package.

Access to the new race, ingame mini pets, transmogs and mount for example.

Paying 60 for a beta makes no sense to me. Its the rest of the stuff which you should consider. The beta is just a bonus

1 Like

Because that’s the only reason they bought this package, obviously. I know that’s the case for me. $30 is skyelf DLC, $60 is early access. That’s about it. I don’t care a little bit about all the other stuff (well, 1 month of subscription is nice, I guess) and I’m not even aware what else is included.

In fact I don’t like this cosmetics stuff so much that I’ll be creating a separate battle.net account on release only to be able to play WITHOUT all that cosmetic stuff.

Nobody i know cares for any mounts/xmog/pets in those overpriced packs. Everyone just buys it to get into beta.

The bear is quite nice.

The fact some people think because its not “Offensive” in a s**ual way then its ok .. why would you even want such a troll name?
Would you like to see someone with a name suggesting human droppings? trash? mutations? politics figures / tyrants?

Sorry bro, anyone with that mind set is a troll in nature and is begging for attention/posing to other people.

Keep it friendly, if you wouldn’t want that name for someone in real life you wouldn’t want that name in a game.

1 Like

I agree with the general point that there is a difference between a harmless fantasy name and a name that is deliberately chosen to provoke or troll people.

But I think there is also an important distinction between how a name looks to others and why someone actually chose it.

In my own case, my character name probably looks very different from how I intended it. I created it years ago simply because I wanted a fantasy-sounding name for a Dwarf/Orc. I had no idea that part of it could be understood as an offensive English slur, and there was never any intention to troll, provoke or get attention.

So I agree that deliberately provocative names should not get a free pass. But I don’t think we can automatically conclude that someone is a troll just because a name looks provocative from another person’s cultural or linguistic perspective.

Did you not learn your lesson the last time you were blasted for saying this?