Rate the name of the person above you! #8

Last thread filled. Onwards we go!

Latest person who got rated was Mannimaril.

I like Bwendi, simple, straight to the point, and sounds like something a troll might actually use.

8/10, not mind blowing but solid

Mannimaril's name is based on Mannimarco the king of worms from Elder Scrolls lore. It's pronounced the way it looks except for end which is a tom-ay-toe tom-ah-toe sort of situation. It can be pronounced like "pill" or "poll"

Here I pronounced it as neither since it had only 1 L!
Anyhow, the name is not bad, but I do not find it that great either. May be, because just as I found Mannimarco's name a bit silly in Elder Scrolls I find yours that too.

It works though for a blood elf and is just on the edge of being too long according to me. I'd like to know if there was a surname to it for more flavour, but for now I give it an average 5/10. It's alright.

Marvin is finally having a surname revealed to the world. It's probably a reason he is quiet about it though considering he is named:

Marvin O'Toole.
10/10

Kotur Bloodtotem.
09/02/2018 19:03Posted by MarvĂ­n
Marvin O'Toole.

Sounds like a bit of a redshirt-y name, perhaps because the surname is basically "Tool" and the first name is slightly to the generic side.

However, generic isn't necessarily bad, and I for one appreciate names you could reasonably see on an NPC. It's a solid name, and I quite like it.

9/10
10/02/2018 00:36Posted by Kotur
Kotur Bloodtotem.

Largely the same. Normally I'm a smidge miffed over using existing surnames but hey, it's spot-on for the Tauren and entirely sensible for them to do so.

The first name sounds a tad harsh to the tongue though, not something I'd readily associate with Tauren, Highmountain or otherwise.

8/10

- Victoria Waters, Vicki for short.
Can't fault it! 10/10

Moxie "Mox" Grimlenn
Very good 8/10. (-1 for the special character).

"Xaero"
11/02/2018 01:53Posted by Xaero
(-1 for the special character)

You do know this is RP related and she has no accent on any letter in the name she wrote? What the character has ooc shouldn't matter.

As for you:
I take it is some form of nickname/codename then. Which is a bit of an...Odd one. Not horrible, but not good either. It just doesn't appeal to me, I think it has to do with starting on an X. You shall never trust anyone with an X in their name. I give it uhm. 4-4,5/10

Harlan "Nine Lives" Rives

The little nickname I decided after I had refreshed my memory of Alterac and found a fun little tidbit that said there is an old Alterac saying that goes: "A cat has nine lives, but needs only one.". Simply to say he's stubbornly avoiding dying a lot... And it also rhymes.
11/02/2018 02:25Posted by Harlan
Harlan "Nine Lives" Rives
I don't know why, but your name looks like the perfect name for a bounty hunter / assassination rogue style. 10 / 10

Note: My role-play name's Arnold O'Sullivan. Thorion is just a OOC name.
Nice, I like it. 9/10

Veladras Felthorn is mine.
I'm not a big fan of demon hunters and warlocks with things like Fel in their name because it's a bit overdone but I really love your first name. Sounds proper Elven to me. 7.5/10

Rorick Desmond
Now that's a proper name, straight to the point, just plain old normal everyday no question about it, no "fel" no "light", no random title you earned from kickboxing a kangaroo or some crap. not named after a hero, not named after a character, not named after Einstein's pet turtle. It's unmistakable, crystal clear,
blunt as an atom bomb and I like that!

10/10

Thuldrell Astrano
Anything ending with an O sounds nightborne to me. I like the surname, has an 'astral' sound to it, which fits your race very well. I'm not sure about Thuldrell. Personally I don't like it, even though it is an okay-ish name and doesn't feel oout of palce for a nightborne. I planned on giving it 9/10 but just to be objective and disregard my personal dislike,

I'll give it 10/10

Fainrael Nightsorrow (Nightdancer pre-undeath)
Fane for short.
Sorrow is such a pretty english word, one of those that I prefer to my language version. (In the same theme, I adore the word "eerie") Nightsorrow is a win, for me. For the name, -rael is a blatantly Night elf in my ears, or maybe it's just that I like it.
Anyway :
10/10

Narmë Caran Reddawn (use Narmë Reddawn)
6/10, reddawn fits, Narmë sounds... odd, IMO, but works, still.

Arkhai Khasar is a yaungol, mind you, not a tauren.
I don't know much about yaungol names but I do like yours. Arkhai sounds something a mage would have, mind you and Khasar is very turkish. Don't know if that was your aim with it but me likes regardless.

9/10

Lerquir Hawkwood.
Could only remember his surname after he was raised and chose Lerquir himself. Lerq for short.
I like Lerquir. It sounds unique but not unfitting for a (dead) human. The last name's great. Very common. There are too many last names around that read more like a title boasting of the character's badassry around. I'm not entirely sold on Lerq for short because it sounds a bit off to me though. All in all: good name! 8.5/10

- Henry Roessler
26/02/2018 13:01Posted by Roessler
I like Lerquir. It sounds unique but not unfitting for a (dead) human. The last name's great. Very common. There are too many last names around that read more like a title boasting of the character's badassry around. I'm not entirely sold on Lerq for short because it sounds a bit off to me though. All in all: good name! 8.5/10

- Henry Roessler

Well you pronounce Lerq more like Lurk (as in lurking).

But thanks for the 8.5/10!

Skip me!
26/02/2018 13:01Posted by Roessler

- Henry Roessler

7/10. Suitable for a human and Paladin. Second name is interesting.
Popping combat rez on this thread. See if people want to rate some names and just can't see it because it isn't on top.

Elunéra, don't you have a surname? Never heard of a night elf wihout one, actually. I can't say I like your first name a lot either. I wouldn't count it out that some parents name their kid after their goddess but OOC it isn't very imaginative.
4/10

Thalgnor Starheart.
8/10, I quite like the last name but I don't feel the first name. Not something wrong I could say about it, but it's just not in my taste somehow.

Laurenn Coldshade
Láurenn.
Sounds like that one girl from school everyone likes.
5/10

Some may think my name is something about me being a void elf that owns a telephone company, logo made of granite.