Rated BGS Solo queue. Please

Why are there no rated bgs solo queue, exactly the same like normal? I’m currently lfg through the finder trying to earn some conquest to gear up but no one is accepting me. I loved playing bgs while levelling and I want to continue queuing the same way but for rated in order to gain conquest.

Alternatively why not make normal bgs at max level reward same amount of conquest? I wouldn’t mind that either.

36 Likes

Exiciting and new idea.

We all want, but not blizzard. We are asking it for years.

6 Likes

+10000000
We need Solo Ranked BGs.
Just like SWTOR.

8 Likes

That would end the need for noobs to buy boosts…

And boosts cost gold.

Gold costs money (token)

Got it?

4 Likes

dafuq u talkin about. not every issue in the game is linked to wow tokens.
“noobs” wouldnt get high rating in soloq most likely so they would have to buy boosts nontheless.

2 Likes

They would have chance to pratice and not be noob.

1 Like

It will be the same as random battlegrounds then.

3 Likes

Not the sane. In random you have people with different exp. On solo RBGs you would have players with your exp or higher if you increase skills.

3 Likes

There can’t be a single honest counterpoint left to soloQ. I’m baffled why anyone who’s actually tried to play LFG RBG recently would argue against this.

It takes ages, I mean so damn long to form groups that then only last a single match. The overall experience of LFG just leads to massive frustration and it’s borne out on the people trying to organize and lead these groups more than anyone else. The current design is an impediment to the game mode as a whole which is a huge disappointment for me because I think RBG is a ton of fun.

LFG doesn’t really solve the issue it’s designed to solve, and communities didn’t really make an impact at all. I think there needs to be a real challenge to the ideal that premade groups are the way that endgame content should be played, I’m just not convinced that people actually like them. I don’t see people having a good time in these forced premade groups. LFG players rarely want to join comms and even when they do almost never talk. It’s honestly asking a lot of someone to lead these games. Most people I encounter just want to log in and have fun doing what they know. They don’t really enjoy the organization aspect of groups, they don’t want to spend time formulating strategy, skills, and tools for leading the match but that is the unvocalized expectation that is levied on group leaders under this current design.

I mean, It’s hard enough to get people to not AFK while watching a base :joy: you want them lead 9 other people? It’s a game man, LFG isn’t really fun and it’s not because RBG is bad, it’s the system around it that sucks.

10 Likes

It won’t because in random BGs you have turds with sub 30k HP crapping up your games. If there was some kind of rating tied to these games, these turds would quickly sink to the bottom and you’d never have to deal with them ever again.

5 Likes

terrbol idd as u see random bg theny are terrbol most join are not even try just there leech not play as for rest i cen already see russian boosting parede start yiks

It would take forever for people to find their rightful rating. Considering you are just 1 out of 10 people on the team, you alone will not be deciding if it is a win or a lose, and probably would need to play hundreds, even thousands of rated BGs to overcome the RNG of who your team mates are.

Not to mention, if anyone can join, random BGs will quickly die out. Rated BGs will be the place people go to test their talents, to AFK for honor & conquest etc. Not the types of player you want in a rated game!

im not argueing against it, i would use it to farm vault most likely but it has some major problems.
there is currently only one viable tank for flag bg’s and that is guardian druid. so every other tank applying will put their team on a major disadvantage just by not being a guardian. also there are way too less tanks currently playing rbg’s (prob also a consequence of the tank meta). so soloq rbg would prob have quite a que time.
bring it in soloq version i dont mind but imo there are problems that have to be solved in order to make it a meaningful bracket.

10000% we need a solo Que for rated BGs

it should rate the individuals performance rather than a lose or win for the team.
and then match you with people that match your own personal rating

you could have it like
+1 rating per kill
+10 rating for capturing the flag
+10 for a win
-10 for a lose
-1 for a death
-100 for leaving the game before it end

and then at the end of the match your rating is calculated and added or subtracted from your personal rating

i would play it 24/7 , rather than mess around in LFG and spend hours finding people

7 Likes

Under this scoring system, people defending flags (& not see much action as a result) could possibly end up losing rating. People would just chase kills, rogues would get easy rating from capping flags etc. I am not convinced by trying to “score” people in a BG.

2 Likes

then they could at intervals give those defending a flag +1 at like a 3-4minute interval

and tbf my idea is 1000 times better than LFG premades for an hour to make a group

1 Like

Yeah I agree there are issues that need to be solved as well as balancing, to be honest they should have redesigned the guardian Druid legendary in S1 like they did with warlocks, but those sort of changes should be addressed by gathering feedback after they announce the system and shouldn’t preclude it’s introduction.

There should also be some structural changes to the maps and composition of groups that would hopefully come after gathering feedback from the larger community after announcing their plans. I love talking about soloQ but it definitely merits a much larger discussion than this before it is implemented.

1 Like

Because Blizzard thinks the main challenge of rated PVP should be spending most of your time trying to get a group together.

5 Likes

How is this any different than joining RBG with a manual made group? Right now RBG LFG is just solo queue with extra steps and frustration. The game mode is practically dead because most people want to log in and play, not spend an hour waiting for group to form.

2 Likes