Raw gold nerfed

So with shadowlands it looks like a lot of the prices of items in old raids is getting nerfed by 60-80%, this effectively kills most raw gold farms players use now to pay for stuff since multiboxers have killed the participation in the economy for most people.

Can we get a new TOS that prohibits the use of multiboxers now? Or are normal players, you know people that have 1 account with 1 character at a time going to be relagated to buying tokens exclusively for their gold from the multiboxer-blizzard mafia?

131 Likes

less gold in economy results in more multiboxers and more token purchases. It’s a win win for blizzard. So i wouldn’t hold my breath expecting TOS changes for that one.

Besides, where did you hear about 60~80% gold nerf?

3 Likes

Check videos on beta, people farmed stuff like BRF, prices on items dropped from 40-50g per item down to 8-11g per item

3 Likes

I don’t think beta is gameplay ready when it comes to scaling the old contents. That’s not really a reliable source of intel. They probably just scaled everything down in beta for testing purposes and you’re earning gold in a lvl 30 raid the way you earn stuff in the current game’s lvl 30 content. I doubt it would be a thing in the live game.

Maybe, it just feels like the multiboxers win more and more every day, like being a normal player going out farming materials to make some gold is impossible nowadays

16 Likes

Unfortunately, multiboxing is allowed. And blizzard earns money out of them. So like i said, don’t expect TOS to change against that.

2 Likes

Yes, since gold linked to the item’s i lvl. And its dropped down to Vanilla lvl gold. Probably gonna be changed (i hope).

4 Likes

Yes, I think so too. And, at the moment, old raids are on PL for a level 50 at least down to Naxx. I tend to the view that they just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

1 Like

things like old raid legacy loot etc are being changed at the last moment.
on Alpha it was still unchanged so they must have changed this recently. Which is meaning that it’s unlikely to get reverted. Fun detected, let’s slash gold rewards by 75% and force players into FRIGGING daily quests. Because everybody LOVES doing them.

6 Likes

I didn’t know that. :frowning:

well in shadowlands they turn on junk drops in legion/bfa dungons so i guess have to fram bfa dungons then.

Probably a side effect to the level, and subsequently the item level, squish… and item level vendor values are determined by said item level.

1 Like

Oh look, another ignorant poster that’s using words they don’t know the meaning of.

Instead of blaming multiboxing why not blame the real culprits, the botters.

4 Likes

This is probably it. Hopefully it is fixed…

well thats a good thing, cause it stops everyone buying expensive items like the AH mount.

oh wait… -_-

while i dont know about 60-80%, blizz do have a track record of nerfing legacy raids as a means of gold making in new expansions. take kara, this was a massive way to get raw gold originally because of the amount of trash there and they actually dropped quite a lot, and as such was nerffed.

an unintended effect of blizz tampering… well i never :frowning:

I think it is unfortunate that gold gains have not been progressive in some sense. It way to obvious that Multiboxers have very strong rates of raw gold gathering and even for a single player we can sometimes produce these materials in large quantity anyway. I expected a nerf completely and unfortunately my first guess is that it hits your typical player first instead.

By progressive system I mean something like platinum currency being introduced around WoD or Professions actively requiring recipes or materials from older content to make up to date stuff (like multi old recipe armor crafts to make one 470 etc).

From the direction we was taking I think it was a bit obvious they was gonna come for raw gold gains. Multiboxing is just that strong.

I have nothing against multiboxers or boxing in general really to be honest but the actions taken on gold gains over past few expansions to me show a big nerf was incoming eventually and there is very few ways to limit multiboxer without impacting average player.

Both of them are plague.

12 Likes

As a casual player that is struggling with a really inflated economy, I’m heartbroken to hear that. It was my main source of gold, for sustenance reasons. I actually pay my sub with money.

I don’t know how I’m going to farm enough gold to stay relevant in SL. I really don’t have time to farm world quests daily.

They need to fix the professions issue, regarding multiboxers and them hogging all the resources. How else are we going to make any gold?

11 Likes

Yeah but who put the gold here in the first place?

I remember having 5k was a big deal now its nothing, all started with the Facebook game in WoD…

2 Likes

You are going to buy the token like a good whale while the multiboxers corner every market in the game.

3 Likes