Raw gold nerfed

It was bad enough for us plebs with vendor mounts costing hundreds of thousands or even millions of gold since Legion but this is straight up taking a piss. Wanna stop inflating the economy with raw gold? How about stopping the mats inflation caused by 10 mbox druids flying in every zone abusing the current gathering nodes system while making things insufferable for your average 1-2 chars players.

6 Likes

i make like 300k a month just by selling b pets :smiley:

multiboxers are just an answer to a problem.

and the root problem is that prepots simply require too much mats.

back in MOP a battle DPS potion required 2 herbs
one was green tea leaf - abundant in entire Pandaria
the other was a herb specific for the potion type - these were zone specific

now in BFA your typical battle potion requires 8 herbs to make, and they are all zin-something which are found in just 1 zone that’s a navigational atrocity. It’s far too hard, it’s never been this hard to craft a simple battle potion.

So yeah, multiboxing was invented as a way to circumvent this. If you 10-box and find a node you’ll loot 10 nodes at once.

Blizzard needs to simply go back to Cata or MOP levels of raw mat requirements for consumables. We don’t have any garrison crap anymore so you don’t need to require dozen of mats for everything. If you need 2 herbs which are easy to get in any zone multiboxing will stop. Because there will be no need for that. There’s only so much potions a server needs. Overinflating the market causes the price to drop so much that even 10 box farming isn’t going to be worth it. So they’ll naturally stop 10-boxing herb nodes.

3 Likes

But if they only costsed 2herbs and where in zones that wherent giant pain to navigate how could they waste as much of your time then??? (cause lets to be real thats why its like its now)

I first tired multiboxing maybe 9 years ago, long before wowtokens or the longboi existed and at the time I was still leveling and just wanted to do dungeons. I did not care about gold at all,I didn’t know you could buy power items on the auction house, and was happy to just pick up items in dungeons to equip to make my character stronger.

Gold is not the reason people play wow. I picked up a boe ring in heroic nyalotha a few months ago and I equipped it immediately, the power of my character is more important to me than gold.

I don’t have a long boi, I want one, but I don’t think I will be able to get one though, and I think it would be perverse to buy one using gold obtained from wowtokens, I would rather earn the gold myself.

3 Likes

No sorry, multiboxers are older then your pre-pot, we had multi boxers in other mmo like daoc before wow.
Its always the same, creating an ingame advantage out of your will to spend more money on this thing/game, nothing else
creating ingame advantages, nothing else like any other p2w mmo like BDO where “whales” spend a ton to get this ingame advantage.

It’s because the games favour groups over single players, playing in a group is trivial, playing solo is very hard.

Let’s not kid ourselves, Blizzard earns money from them once. After that they can just buy all the tokens they want with the gold they make.

They earn their own money. Blizzard earns the rest from tokens. Just because the multiboxer doesn’t pay for tokens, doesn’t mean another player doesn’t either. Every token bought or sold is basically profit for blizzard in case you didn’t know.

3 Likes

all matrial prices will go up in prepatch. The price is just low this next 2 months .

But they lose gold on everyone else. The lose more than earn from s
boxers.

I think they will go up when the expansion is released because people will want to craft gear for the different expansions. It’s great, all of the old materials will have equal value for levelling

If raw gold is nerfed the wow token gold price will fall

why would that happen?

Because there will be less gold coming into the economy, so people will have less gold overall, so gold will increase in relative value - drop in supply.

However, a) the Token price will take some time to respond, so it likely won’t be precipitous and b) just how much of the gold created comnes from farming? - not a great deal, I think, so the overall effect may be small.

There is the chance, though, either that a) Blizzard will restore the old raid gold value and/or b) they will add new significant gold sources in Shadowlands to balance it.

At the very least, I believe that Blizzard will restore Legacy Loot in some way, otherwise they will be besieged by mobs with torches and pitchforks demanding their transmogs.

2 Likes

i’m going to have to start trading gamer girl pee in a bottle on trade chat aren’t i.

Can’t grind raw gold , can’t make material gold thanks to multiboxers.

Modern problems require modern solutions.

But, do they though?

These people inflate the market, making everything cheaper and more accessible, resulting in earning gold slowing down and becoming exceedingly difficult.

Which combined with how expensive a lot of stuff are to purchase (mounts, boosts, etc) results in a lot of players being forced to buy tokens for gold.

They won’t lose much. The lose part is for us, the non multiboxing players.

are you sure it them that do this?

How can you be so sure that multiboxers are rolling in gold?

Let me ask you this. What happens when someone uses 10 multibox accounts and starts farming an area? They get 10 times the amount a normal player can farm in that duration. And then they sell all of it in AH. And now there’s 10 times more of that material available, resulting in prices dropping because supply is much more than demand.

So you tell me. How are you so sure that they DON’T affect it? Because all the evidence points towards how disruptive it is.

I saw on PTR you have a gold limit to be able to faction transfer, it’s good, but 1k gold is really too low let’s be real