Razorgore is dying

almost all ally guilds transferred off

it was so active this summer but the past 2 months about 30 guilds have moved to firemaw

we had such a good community now its all destroyed

2 Likes

sad truth mate is that all the servers are dying, just some faster than others. i can understand people going to firemaw, because enduring a servers death is not a fun, and going to firemaw guarantees that you will be on the last server to die (im on ashbringer, which is considered an alive server, but truth is that its dying too on ally side, couldnt even get a ssc pug going, only 17 signups after looking all day)

Yea Noggenfogger is also dying. All alliance moved away when horde was forced to go and farm them for honor, when battlegrounds where neigh unplayable.
But now it has come to the same for horde… More and more ppl are moving, even my guild died because some ppl decided to move to Firemaw.

The sad truth though, is that Blizzard most likely wont do anything about it, seeing as it brings in a F*** ton of money for them. I personally would have to shed 75 Euro in order to move my three characters to another server. A thing I’ve done once already, when TBCC started.
So for Blizzard it would mostlikely be a short term loss of money, even though it is securing more and more players quit the game.

So what happened that so many guilds transffered, what pushed them?

1 Like

My guess would be that they were on a dying realm and moved off it, thus killing it even more.

OP said it was “so active this summer”, doesnt sound it was dying at that point.
Did Coilfand reservoir bottleneck forced them to move? Wpvp killed pvp server?
Reading so many stories here and us forums, but noone ever gave a explanation how transfers started in the first place.

2 Likes

all it takes is a little push for a lot of these realms to start dying. for example judgement, my server in classic that died, what caused it is that 3 guilds decided to leave the server because recruitment was low, which caused 2 more guilds to move which were already on the edge about the decision. that left 6 bad guilds, 2 average ones, and 1 good guild on the server. good guild took all the decent recruits, 2 average ones transfered off, good guild farmed 6-10 scarab lords while delaying the gates opening, then transfered off as well. all that was left was 3-4 bad guilds, that also left. there is a domino effect that happens, and it takes very minimal effort for it to get started

2 Likes

Yes.

Berny server same domino effect. 1 month after tbc release, rumors started about guilds leaving. 3 types of guilds: some say leave, some say maybe, and some say stay. Suddenly, 2 big guilds leave.

Next week, sudden drop of wow population (maybe because ff14 or something). People misunderstand and think server dying. Then, “maybe guilds” decide bye bye. Server left smaller but still not too bad.

Next, “100% stay guilds” go poooof and never seen again. Server super small. Finally, people get season 1 titles and mass move. Rest in rip earthshaker. Memes will live on.

Same happened to Gandling. We’re xferring to Gehennas at the end of the month.

So, it is players who killed realms, not big bad B?

3 Likes

The problem was people quitting and not many people online during no prime time

This meant people couldn’t find groups or people to play arena

This gave a snowball effect with more people leaving until it became unplayable

Ye sure but that is kinda the same as saying it was the ice age that killed the dinosaurs not the meteor that originally caused it…there is always a root cause.
And that better believe is the big bad B.

2 Likes

I explained what happend mentioned on my druid post also a thing was with the people leaving guilds couldn’t get in New recruits what again made the snowball effect even worse

I was an old razorgore member and transferred 2 weeks ago

if you think that blizzard didnt have a role to play in this bad situation that we are in, you are sorely mistaken
and as my grandad used to say, inaction infront of a problem is almost as bad as causing the problem yourself

2 Likes

Tbh it’s always the players fault imo but you can’t blame them

All play for fun I am anyway and what’s fun looking hours to get a group going

OK you can blame blizz about this also but what can blizz do that people stop or transfer

1 Like

they can for sure do things. server merge, not letting new characters being created in the majority faction if you dont already have a char on the server if its 60/40, even real incentives to play the weaker faction could had been on the table.
instead, they chose to do nothing other than appease the majority faction

1 Like

OK but still people always choose the easy way

And not creating new chars on dominated side what about people wanna make a new alt

But I understand what you mean and we all know Activision is only a multidollar company and they can’t help it (sarcasm)

Problem also imo is that they had to make both factions equal so people don’t have to reroll fotm char or side

But it’s a shame tbh razorgore fell on alliance side it was a nice community

And now only a few alliance still on it from what I heared I think the last 2 weeks almost 10 - 15 guilds transferred from it

just connect all servers, players wants play on one mega server anyway, just make layers called by current servers names, and when you log, you chose your layer to play for next 24h.
Players are talking about social aspect etc, but there is noone if players changing servers.

1 Like

Something like that, we couldn’t really recruit players.
Economy was dying.
We stayed on Razorgore as much as possible, but let’s be honest… nobody wants to merge guilds.
We could rarely find any groups for dungeons etc.
Do I blame Blizzard? - Yes.
They could’ve easily prevented this by not allowing transfers to the biggest mega servers…
Most of the alliance in Razorgore went to Firemaw.
It causes a massive snowball effect once a few guilds start transferring.

The main cause of Razorgore dying? = Either the boosts or a lot of people transferring into Razorgore at the start of TBC.

Yeah, we didn’t want to transfer either.
Not much you can do, when the alliance population was having a snowball effect of everyone constantly transferring off :confused:

It was, then it wasn’t.