RE: Adjustments to Dungeon Creature Behavior and Group XP

as this is on a US forum, I want to recreate the topic here. For original post > [HERE]

One of the most common pieces of feedback we’ve received (and observed ourselves in our own adventures) is the concern about pervasive sales of dungeon boosting services in-game. It often overpowers chat with advertisements and makes certain channels hard to use for their intended purpose.

It’s also no secret that the gold from many boosting groups is used for illicit activities such as Real-Money Trading (RMT), as much of the gold that players pay to boosters is then sold for real money back to other players.

Now that we’ve seen the final major content release of Burning Crusade Classic, we will soon adjust the behavior of creatures in most dungeons (including the new dungeons coming in Wrath of the Lich King Classic) to make it significantly more difficult to endlessly snare and kite enemies. Additionally, we will implement a reduction to group XP earned when there is large disparity between player levels in the same group.

We’ve experimented with similar changes to most dungeons on our Season of Mastery servers, and we’ve found these changes to be very effective at reducing the efficiency of boosting groups. We plan to roll out these adjustments to Burning Crusade Classic realms at the same time as the Joyous Journeys XP buff , which should happen sometime in the next several weeks. Stay tuned for more information about that and when you can expect to see these changes hit live servers.

This is also a good opportunity to remind everyone that spamming chat channels with advertisements for boosting services outside of dedicated Trade channels is against the Terms of Service, and you should take every opportunity to report players that you see advertising for boosting services in channels such as General and Looking For Group.

We’re really looking forward to players joining us very soon in the Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta, and hope to be able to share more about that very very soon as well!

Now to my answer and reply, hope I can reach @Kaivax from here somehow.

So let’s summerize some things here.

Blizzard currently overall:

• Monthly subscription to play > 11-13€ month
  • Expansions that cost > 50-90$/€ (yes this is for retail ofcourse, but it might have a change in direction after wotlk that will include this price, unless, they are giving this for free.)
  • In-game store for characters boost Classic > 40€/Retail 60€
  • In-game store for getting gold >Classic: TBA?/retail 20€
  • In-game realm transfer > 20€

At the same time…

• Will ignore bot traffic because it’s a subscription income, it has still not been handled.
  • Don’t want players to offer boost because it affect their in-game store.
  • Have not included all dead servers on the list
  • Dont want players to mob farm in dungeons
  • Will limit how people play and choices.
    (I’ve included retail because it will someday collide into similar patterns)

to make it significantly more difficult to endlessly snare and kite enemies

This feels more to benefit profit from players by selling boost, yet Blizzard are against boosting in game. Players are not even experienced with their character when they get boosted with in-game purchase and usually get kicked or hated on with all the ability they have to put in.

Meanwhile GDKP is still allowed, nothing stops this, as this is also a part of the RTM. Players buy gear for real money.

At this point, we can just have the dungeon finder we had in wotlk. My server, Ashbringer turned from medium to low recently, I cannot do dungeons, I can barely form my own raids if i’m lucky. It’s really easy to say “just transfer to another server”, well if it was free, I personally would. But at the current state, the Dungeon finder from wotlk would actually save me by adding players from other realms into it.

Boost is actually a fun experience of the game as it feels like a accomplishment for the player to use time to learn the patterns and earn honest gold for their time (I rarely used boost service unless it was a bad level stop with little quest/reward)

Note this might be a personal view, some players might not even be affected by it as their realm has players and can find someone to do dungeons with.

Just an example, if I wanted more activity in the game, I would’ve had to pay 100€+ to transfer my characters from my current server to a new one to be able to do dungeons as a normal player.

• My suggestion would be to use the Dungeon finder from wotlk (crossrealm)
  • Add more servers to retirement
  • Let players keep boosting for xp benefit

Some feedback can be found on the wowhead thread

1 Like

Your reply will not get to Kaviax, even if you posted in the EU thread about this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.