Re-rolling Alliance (PvP Queues)

As someone who has played on Horde side since Classic launch purely for the aesthetics, I decided to re-roll Alliance a good few days ago upon hitting level 70 and getting attuned for Kara etc on my Horde main. The reason I re-rolled is because of casual BG queue times and the massive population imbalance - which is a player created issue. The Alliance needs more players.

The reason I’m making this post is I wanted to highlight something to Horde players that aren’t happy with the queue times on Horde side. When I re-rolled Alliance almost every single quest in Hellfire Peninsula I’ve been ganked repeatedly by several hordes. You legit can’t even get a single quest done without getting scudded. It’s constant. 24/7. There’s an aura of invincibility amongst Horde players in quest zones that essentially ends up in Alliance players being ganked and out-numbered almost constantly. The Auction House also has less items and farming spots are dominated by Horde due to sheer numbers.

I’m not complaining about being ganked - I’m on a PvP server and that’s fine. My point is as someone who’s played Horde since Classic launch and now re-rolled over to Alliance it’s good having a perspective from the other side.

Really though, Blizzard aren’t going to implement Mercenary mode. This is a player-created problem.

You have two choices as a Horde player who enjoys casual PvP:

A. Re-roll Alliance. Get ganked constantly (and I mean constantly) in open world and enjoy shorter queue times for Battlegrounds.

B. Stay on Horde and continue to absolutely dominate the open world and sit in the long Battleground queues.

I decided to re-roll Alliance and yes it’s a massive pain in the backside but it suits me better for shorter queues etc and means I can premade more frequently. We’re only 2 weeks into launch - there’s still time to re-roll now.

So it’s not all fantastic on Alliance-side with shorter queues - they have their downsides too. I fully expect to get some negative responses here but just my thoughts on the situation and hopefully can give some people insight on my experience switching over to Alliance. It’s easy being a Horde-exclusive player seeing insane BG queues and then complaining without thinking of what the Alliance deal with constantly.

Ultimately though guys, this is a problem created by us, the player-base, not Blizzard. I’m going to stick to Alliance for good now because as I say it suits me better personally and I think if it suits your situation better you should consider doing the same.

TL:DR: Horde Battleground queues suck but so does getting absolutely slaughtered as Alliance in Open World 24/7 when trying to complete quests or go to dungeons. This is just my opinion - it’s not correct by any means but it’s worth pointing this out as I feel it might’ve been over-looked.

74 Likes

I wish more horde players would understand this. It just comes down to a can’t/won’t attitude. They can re-roll as this guy has proven but the majority just don’t want to. P2 was a warning. This will come back around to repeat itself again once wotlk launches as honor gear becomes a very lucrative way to attain gear.

5 Likes

Very well written and thought out post you have experienced it on both sides so your input is definitely valid just wish more players were like-minded

8 Likes

Back when Classic launched I made posts about how it was blizzard’s chance to even out the populations by locking horde when it gets too high in the first couple of hours. In classic the horde racials were just too damn good compared to alliance for pvp, so naturally everyone and their mom wanted horde. Even in BC allies get like 1 decent racial in perception that is completely negated if there isnt a stealther in the other group. Either lock the faction or rebalance the racials. Since none of that happened, horde are now enjoying the product of their work. I played alliance during p2 where all high level FPs were farmed by 10+ horde groups constantly.

Can something be done now? Sure, rebalance the racials, give free transfers to alliance and lock 58 boosts from making horde toons.

Enjoy the hour long queues, bois. I really can’t feel bad for ya.

7 Likes

Totally agree with your point and here is what I contribute:

I’m in the same boat as you, I played both factions extensively during classic and TBCC. I also played horde from 2004 open beta to 2019 BfA.

1. Alliance being the underpopulated faction also comes with many strings attached. There are less activity for dungeons, less economy, less auctions, less everything on the alliance side. So its not just that you are ganked constantly, overall your experience as an alliance player is worse for every other thing in the game.

2. We live in 2021 and the minmax culture has reached to an unbelievable point. So I think it is totally useless to ask players to change their factions on their own. Almost everyone wants to minmax everything to the absolute maximum nowadays. Everyone wants the best racials. Everyone wants to play the most OP class. (just joined an AB game with 15 warlocks and 12 druids a few mins ago, lol).
    https://ibb.co/BZfkwYm
    Everyone wants to play the stronger faction. None of these new people with this culture will change their faction from the goodness of their heart. So imo Blizzard’s “some changes” should really apply to racials and they should actually change racials so that alliance racials are actually better for a while, then remove racials all together. That way, and only that way, we will have a faction balance.

3. Horde crybabies are the most ridicilous of everything in video gaming. It’s unbelievable how much they can QQ. I’d say alliance crybabies also QQ but its not even 1/10th of what horde can achieve.
    During AV premades, I’ve counted 600+ threads created by horde babies in under 24 hours on EU forums. That level of QQ is something that you didn’t see anywhere in human history, even when people were being slaughtered irl they didn’t whine that much.
    Now, the same thing with queue times. They are like QQ thread factories. Every horde member that waits 30 mins in a que can make 5 threads per hour on the forums with the same QQ posts in them.
    Big respectG and kudos for all the effort put into whining.

21 Likes

Actually no, for a any decent arena player 2 weeks is actually already way too much time invested and you are far, far behind in the first place. Rerolling is not an option if you want to play competitive arena in S1.

Rerolling now and getting character ready for S2 tho might be an option.

Also while I do agree that majority of this is player created problem, problem itself would be nowhere this big if Blizzard did not add lvl58 boost.

3 Likes

I agree - these issues you’ve pointed out should also be taken into consideration for Alliance players.

I will admit and do think that the 58 boosts Blizzard offered should’ve been capped from a server/faction population viewpoint but their interest is financial. They’re a business at the end of the day unfortunately and more boosts bought leads to happy Stakeholders/Investors and more impressive numbers at quarterly meetings.

Of course re-rolling isn’t perfect it has many issues in itself. I really do understand why people don’t want to re-roll. I guess what I’m saying is to people who love BG’s/casual PvP etc and want shorter queue times don’t wait for Blizzard to step in and make changes. They won’t come. Re-roll now before it is actually too late or be prepared to sit in the 1 hour queues.

Whats the best server to reroll? English or German best

It depends on needs/wants but I was playing Horde - Razorgore and now I’m playing Alliance - Razorgore. English. Can’t speak much for Alliance Razorgore side but seems decent so far.

maybe play on PVE Server then? they have its purpose if you cant stand PVP on a PVP server?

1 Like

Imagine losing your gear, your achievements, your legendary, your mounts, your golds, your characters, your friends, your guilds. Even if I love PvP, the price to pay is to much. I can’t afford that. So sadly, I don’t do PvP anymore since TBC release, as Horde.

1 Like

Same could be said to you don’t like queues play as Alliance

2 Likes

Not sure if you read all my post but I never once said I couldn’t stand PvP. The problem is Horde is massively over-populated on almost all realms which ultimately leads to complete Horde domination on all quest objectives/mobs/farming spots. I was trying to point out that whilst Alliance have shorter queues they have their own very valid problems they have to deal with as above. I have no issues with being ganked. Even after I’ve been smashed by 5-6 Horde when I’m trying to do a quest. It is what it is. I made the choice to roll PvP server.

Yes this does suck I agree. I just created a new account since my sub was due to expire and transferred all of my gold over on the neutral AH. Took a hit gold-wise but that’s the price I’m willing to pay, personally. I know it doesn’t help with mounts etc etc.

6 Likes

Why playing horde if you cant stand the ques?

5 Likes

Basically, it comes down to either dominate everything, more gold, more groups but 1hr bg queues, at least or now OR be the underdog in mostly everything but have instant bg queues.

11 Likes

This is literally it. It really is as simple as that. No matter how much people complain this is the reality.

1 Like

honestly smart choice if you enjoy bg’s im doing the same, slowly leveling alli alts while pve’ing on my horde main.

I wish more streamers would have gona alliance to begin with to maybe influence some people in the right directioni instead of all going horde. must be good streaming content sitting in q’s f hours.

They stream wpvp ganks

Yep it is having 99 advantages against your enemy which has 99 disadvantages and 1 advantage, and QQing all day everyday about that 1 advantage.

The peak of being spoiled, childish, whiny and hyprocrite as a human being.

14 Likes

I would reroll just for faster queues but i don’t wanna level a new character :confused:
If i could faction change my characters i would be so happy.