Realm Connections -- 5 August

seems it got half through or so, AH is connected but not the rest, might be Blizz forgot the last part or something.

yeah its a similar story to what happened with Forscherliga/Todeswache or the Russian servers last month… Blizzard has yet to address the connection with those servers cause there still unconnected… once the auctions run out you’re probably only going to see your own servers auctions.

Will be interesting to see if people from the successful merger (especially those from Gilneas/Ulduar) encounter any problems, but only time will tell I guess.

I am offcourse no expert, but could the problem be related to having main servers.

like when kilrogg got connected, it was stated runetotem joined kilrogg, and then nagrand after that
what I meen is, could it be a possibility it fails, becuse they try to connect lets say hellfire to nagran, instead of hellfire to kilrogg for example.
not that I can se why that would be the case.

there all 1 server

Kilrogg/runetotem/nagrand are all merged onto the same server (server ID 1311) which used to be the former Kilrogg server. Arathor/hellfire are merged onto the same as well (server ID 1587) aka the former hellfire server.

What was supposed to happen is that they merged Kilrogg (ID 1311) on to Hellfire (1587), which means that Kilrogg and its ID would cease to exist as a stand alone server, as they would all connect to the hellfire ID.

So how did it go? I imagine it like waking up to a lot of noise on the road and there are new neighbours moving in

hmm ok, but still should not nagrand, runetotem and arathor also have their own ids, becuse you can creat chars on all of them, meening there has to be more than just one id for all 3 and 2 servers.

Doesnt seem to have happened ?

They do (Nagrand’s ID is 1589, 547 for Runetotem & 501 for Arathor) but they all redirect to the “host” server… the server your playing on is either Kilrogg or Hellfire… think of it as 1 server with multiple login portals. the actual servers that used to house Nagrand, Runetotem and Arathor are dead.

When there merging realms there really just transferring all the character data from 1 server blade to another, and decommissioning one of them in the process.

2 Likes

well as i said I am no expert, but for some reason I think that if you try to connect hellfire to kilrogg, you would also still have to connect all servers to eachother also, so they sync whit eachother, becuse if they do have an id all of them, it would not be possible to connect only kilrogg and hellfire, becuse runetotem, nagrand and arathor, would be out of sync then whit eachother, meening you still need to connect every server whit eachother, and then get the host servers to understand it also…
but hey, maby better i dont think to much of it haha.

They are already merged in every sense of the word though and already act as 1 server, the only reason you see 2/3 server names is because blizzard didn’t want to merge names and create naming conflicts. It doesn’t really matter how many servers are connected to each other in that sense. but you are correct they cant just merge Kilrogg/hellfire because the other servers are already connected to them. they cant separate kilrogg from runetotem/nagrand… (I mean im sure there’s a way if they really wanted to but it would be a pretty painful process since they would have to essentially split a realm)

ok cool, was looking up some stuff, and noticed one thing, if still accurate, is that kilrogg server is in stockholm, and all the rest in france it seems like. not that it should matter, but the cordination has to be horrible when they work on stuff.

Its not there all in the same place, else it they wouldn’t be able to connect it, and you wouldn’t even be in the same CRZ pool…

As far as I can tell for EU Blizzard has 2-3 data centres mostly in France but some realms ping back to the Netherlands… nothing is confirmed though, they haven’t stated in which city their EU servers are currently physically located in.

yeah true, though think last time I tried a ping, I hit stockholm, but that is some time ago, but yeah when they did their last connections, I acutaly think they did change some places for the servers also, like totaly loading everything up in a new location.

also the data I was looking at was old, but there they still where not in same places, but could be changed now, I dont know, but it would make sence to have all at same place and not try som cross realm merg, whit servers not even located in same country.

I mean there is a really easy way to test it, make a toon on both servers and see if you get any difference in ping :slight_smile:

1 Like

true hehe, i have not realy noticed anything my self, well not hellfire might have to test it, though on nagrand and runetotem it is pretty much the same, no difference hehe.

indeed, now if you make a toon on Bronze Dragonflight for example (pulling that name out of the hat of servers hosted elsewhere), you will probably notice some difference… probably not much but it might be like 10-20ms off.

There shouldn’t be a problem to connect realms that are on different datacenters before the connection, it just means they need to transfer the data of one of the realms from one datacenter to another before doing the connection (that internally it is probably a merge) on the datacenter that will host the connected realm

I am from Arathor and i see EVERYTHING from killrog nagrand and runetotem. My ah is SWAMPED with stuff. Killrog can not even see their OWN auctions. Some people can… some people can’t. This is really bad as the Economie on Arathor/hellfire crashes as we can NOT buy but only undercut!!! i call for maintanance and a rollback to midnite! The faster action is taken the less frustration is caused. PUT US IN MAINTANCE MODE!!!

carefull you might actualy loose gold if you try to buy, but wont get the item, atleast some I talked to said that happend to them,

I hope the connections work out and that everyone’s happy. I remember when the smaller pve rp realms got combined years ago, it was a happy day and most people were joyfully welcoming each other in trade chat and trying to decide what to nickname the realm combo. I think they ended on “ShaGlade Cartel” back then, not sure if they’ve connected yet more realms to it since. ^-^

1 Like