Realm Consolidation Update - Season of Discovery

Hello everyone, thank you for bearing with us there while we solidified our plans around these moves.

For the EU region, all PvE realms will have FCMs open to Wild Growth, all PvP realms will have FCMs open to Living Flame. At the same time, first character creation will be disabled on all other realms. These Free Character Moves will open at 6pm GMT (10am PST) Wednesday 18th September.

In preparation for this, we have disabled character creation entirely on Living Flame and Wild Growth, this block will remain in effect until 6pm GMT (10am PST) Friday 20th September, at which time creation will be re-enabled.

Our reasoning for these decisions are as follows -

• Wild Growth and Living Flame have consistently remained the most populous and active realms in Season of Discovery EU.
  • We are announcing this now ahead of time to give guilds time to discuss when they wish to move, how to handle moving guild bank and large volumes of gold etc.
  • Disabling character creation on the destination realms temporarily is to prevent a land grab of names by people intentionally trying to claim names otherwise available to incoming transfers.

As part of this process we are also utilizing our Name Reclamation feature, this feature will automatically allow people to take names that are otherwise on an inactive account. We have set the date for inactivity to the beginning of Season of Discovery Phase 4, so any account that has not once logged into Vanilla World of Warcraft since July 11th will be eligible to lose any character names it has reserved if those names are requested by an incoming FCM or new character creation. Please note Customer Service will not assist with gametime requests or exceptions to this process.

We hope that this will give as many people as possible a chance to maintain names that they have grown attached to, but appreciate not everyone will be lucky but ultimately we believe this consolidation will lead to the best possible experience for Season of Discovery players.

9 Likes

Why not allow transfers from PvP to PvE servers?

You did it in the original round(s) of FCMs and there was obviously demand.

e: Look at all the replies in this thread from people asking for PvP → PvE transfers. It’s still active 5 months after the previous FCMs: Limited PvP -> PvE Free Character Transfers

13 Likes

Please allow pvp to pve.

8 Likes

What happens if I have Horde characters on Living Flame already and Alliance characters on Lone Wolf? Will I be able to play both of them on Living Flame after the FCM?

6 Likes

Pretty sure its a typo. Both NA and EU have 1 PvE server. so it wouldnt change anything for us. We cant get out and we dont get new players.

4 Likes

asking the same question…

2 Likes

Please let us transfer from PvP to PvE, I dont care how much you fix PvP in SoD, people are degenerate and I just want to PvE in peace

8 Likes

Yeh kinda dissapointing, i was planning on transfering my char from Wild Growth to Crusader Strike with mega server announcement to play with friends, but i guess thats not on the cards anymore!

5 Likes

me right now: :frowning:

6 Likes

By god let us transfer from PvP to PvE. It’s near impossible to do any world content on a PvP realm. Makes the game frustrating and unfun.

6 Likes

I’m asking for the EU PVE server? Who the hell should come to us? There is only one EU PVE server and there is simply nothing left on the horde side

4 Likes

God I love these changes, no moving from PvP servers to PvE, get absolutely owned PvE nerds.

6 Likes

I came here to ask this too… do we need to delete our characters on one faction to keep the characters from the other?

1 Like

What if i got alliance on LF and want to transfer my Horde from CS? My main is hord, but a friend plays alliance on LF so i made a char there too. do i now have to delete one faction?

2 Likes

We on the Living Flame MEGACHAD server shall welcome all low pop andies with open arms.
come one come all.
my flock shall groweth and prosper.
fret not ye low pop refugee, for there is a ship that may bear ye hence!

CONQUEST IS RECRUITING FOR ALL RAID CONTENT BTW!
/W ZMUG, POTATOMILK, POWN, EMPH, NIHLAS, SONJE, TOPDEEPS OR SHALK FOR INVITES/INFO.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN THE BEST GUILD ON THE SERVER (assuming you play horde).
WE RAID ALL CONTENT (including MC heat 3) EVERY WEEK.

rise up ye nerd, rise up ye brave gamer and sturdy yeomen, and come get some god damn loot!
we accept the exceptional as well as the … less exceptional!
if thou haveth the will to learn, we shall light thine path to glorious, uh… GLORY!

3 Likes

Yeah when I first heard of this Consolidation thing I actually jumped off my chair. Was happy for a minute so I could get away from my pvp realm. The world pvp is not even a thing anymore, its broken. And its full of griefers
So I hope you take to your senses and make us transfer off from a pvp-pve realm.

5 Likes

wich other pve reams will transfer to wild growth?..
wild growth is the only pve realm that exist and you dont seem to allow pvp realms transfers to pve realms (( realm there is only 1… )) so for wild growth nothing changes correct??

1 Like

So people with characters from a different faction in a PvP Source realm will gain the priviledge of having access to both factions in the PvP Destination realm. The rest of players won’t have this priviledge. Interesting.

well if they allow if for those people they will just lift the rule that its not allowed on the 2 mega realms. its not that big of a issue. its not like they can force for example if those players already transfered their alliance to the mega pvp realm that once they try to send their hordes there they get insta turned into alliance race and a shaman becomes a paladin^^ xD