Realm Consolidation Update - Season of Discovery

Please make same free character transfer for RU realms as you did for OCE players

Did they say honor would not be lost? Every fcm before dident let you keep honor

Can we get an update? Will it happen tonight? Tomorrow? This weekend? Next week?

Please be more transparent about when you think it will happen. Itā€™s weekend, we want to make plans too and not just sit around waiting for updates that may or may not come.

If you donā€™t know when it will be fixed, at least tell us when we can expect an update next. You could also tell us how long there will be between the ā€˜noticeā€™ and the update. Like, at minimum give us that.

1 Like

Can you say when you will be finished with the testing?

1 Like

This semi-forced transfer onto an already existing server was extremely unfair for us who had to move. Personally I lost my mainā€™s name, my identity, to someone who is not even level 60 and who have not raided since phase 2 (at least judging by warcraftlogs).

If we would have instead transferred to a completely new server at least the active/dedicated player-base would have had a chance to keep their names, their identities.

Another solution would have been to allow the higher level character to claim their name. All someone on had to do when Blizzard announced the merge was to log on once to vanilla to lock all names on any server to them, even if they really have no intention to continue playing SoD.

On top of this bs, Blizzard do not even allow character name changes on SoD servers to change names which was perhaps a bit too hastily changed at the point of transfer.

Furthermore, there are multiple reports on people being able to create characters on Living Flame despite Blizzard saying that it would be locked.

This is such a clusterf-ck.

No. The way this was handled rather points towards this being something that was most convenient to Blizzard. The best experience for the community as a whole would have been to migrate everyone to a fresh server.

2 Likes

Update:

• There is still no news on when, or if, name reclamation will be fixed at all.
  • Once again, we are getting bits of information from unofficial social media posts suggesting that we should pick any name and play, as they are working on a rename solution after reclamation is fixed.
  • In translation, after they fix name reclamation, they will address the issue of renaming characters that lost their names because of it.

Since I have little faith in this, I suggest postponing naming your character until reclamation is resolved if possible, because based on this, the ā€œfixā€ for renaming might drag on for a long time.

This is just my personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt, but my history with this game and its support has taught me a couple of lessons.

Once again, stay patient and donā€™t forget to extend your game time! Soonā„¢