Realm Consolidation Update - Season of Discovery

there is no any new tech behing this right? u guys just want shutdown other servers and leave game going on 2 existing ones? no mega server fairytales , right??

mega bait

Based on information from various sources, both official and unofficial, here’s what we know so far:

• The name reclamation feature never worked as intended.
  • They attempted to fix it, which caused the entire classic server cluster to crash last night.
  • The “Mega Realm” tech seems to be a hoax. It’s probably just extra server blades and hoping for the best. The long login queues seem to support this, and I can’t imagine what will happen when BWL is released.

That’s all for now. There’s been silence since, and most of the updates we’re getting are from unofficial sources, where some devs post small bits of information.

Additional note:

• Ticket response time is incredibly long, 30 hours and counting.

5/5 :star: If the goal was to test our patience, they’ve absolutely nailed it.

I can’t believe that there’s now an 800 player queue on Living Flame? Blizzard have just killed off healthy realms claiming new technologies & name reclamation feature but in reality they’ve just forced everybody onto one standard realm with no names available and massive player queues. Imagine what it’ll be like when p5 drops. 8000 player queue boys get ready to quit

In simple words:

• We said it works but it doesn’t.
  • We will hopefully fix name reclamation at some point, when? Only God knows.
  • For people who have already changed their names, unfortunately, you’re out of luck. We might think of something, but we’ll most likely just say sorry.
2 Likes

A complete disaster! It’s a disgrace how the gaming icon WOW Classic is being treated.

24 min queue right now, though the estimate seems to be rather optimistic given the progress over the last few minutes…

Just make it so that every character that hasn’t logged in this phase can have its name claimed.
Allow newly created characters and transfer characters 1 free name change that has to be used within the next week.

Problem solved, move on to the next.

I am facing the same issue, still waiting for a response from customer support…

Blizz Bro’s, what did you do?
Didn’t you expect a x-amount of players on the merged servers?
How could you miscalculate so badly? 45 min queue on Friday afternoon? How shall this work in the evening on peak hours???
It’s now day 2 of the merge, and it keeps getting worse, i haven’t seen any comment from BLizz, do you do something here or does it work as designed?

1 Like

Transfered Yesterday from LoneWolf, there was all fine ^^ because you anounce that you will merge this Server to Living-Flame and now i am 1580 in Queue, waiting Time 1 HOUR ?

What is the definition for a Server Merge and then you dont have the Correct Capacity ?

Both Server Living Flame and Lone Wolf had around 10.000 Player, now we have 20.000 Player on 1 Server… So adjust the Limits.

Waiting time over an hour is not deal for 13 € a Month

its a joke, wait with transfer … waiting times to log into the realm are more then 1 Hour on Friday 15:00 ^^ what will hapen if i wanna play 19:00 today ?

Waiting time 12 Hours ?

Mega server? sitting on que 1 before u can play.

Que timers up and over 1 hour after Mega server merge. We all played on other servers to avoid que times. How can this not have been handled yet???

hallo microsoft, rollback last 24hours, leme play game on my old server

1 Like

its only 3.30pm on a Friday with 1 hour queue…

5 hour+ BWL queues anyone?

Small Indie Company

OMFG im stuck in one hour queue at 2pm on Friday afternoon ARE U MAD

Fresh recap:

• The US mega realm is currently locked for character creation, while the EU realm remains open. We can assume that the fix for name reclamation is being prioritized on the US live client first.
  • There’s no ETA for when these issues will be resolved.
  • The US servers aren’t experiencing login queues, but the EU servers have a 1 hour queue at 2 PM. At this rate, we could be seeing 5 hour queues again soon. Keep in mind, many players are still waiting for name reclamation to be sorted out, and some are on a break until BWL is released. If nothing changes, it’s likely going to be a mess.

Extra Notes:

• From unofficial sources and a few official blue posts, we know that they are actively working on it, and we might get a heads up before the fixes go live. Hopefully, the announcement will be made through official communication channels rather than on some social media platform.
  • We don’t have any information about login queues on the EU servers, nor are they working on that aspect. There’s complete silence on this matter.
  • The current ticket response time is over 48+ hours and counting.

To conclude, stay patient and don’t forget to extend your game time! Soon™

Seems that login issues are fixed according to this blue post: Living Flame is Full - #71 by GarnetHound-14887

Login issues fixed but still not fixed name reclamation :frowning: I have many characters just sat in limbo waiting