Realms worth making a new character on?

Not here to complain about locked realms, I just wanna play some Classic while I wait for SL and potentially have something ready for TBC.

Out of the ones that aren’t locked, are there any realms with a decent population? I tried to use the information from ironforge.pro, but I’m not certain how accurate this might be.

From anyone’s experience, have you seen any healthy unlocked realms with somewhat ok faction balance? I don’t want to play on a massively swung realm tbh.

Edit: PvE or PvP is fine

So a PvP or PvE?

I’ve heard good things about Earthshaker.

Pve wise im biased as I am on Mirage Raceway and aside from IF being quiet at night its constantly got a decent amount of players in. Plenty of pugs/GDKP raids going and tons of guilds with good raid progression.

PVP wise its harder to answer because if your going Horde you can pick pretty much any server but Alliance seem to get very badly dominated on a couple. I believe it was Gandling that is very high Horde vs Alliance so Id avoid there if possible.

Also avoid dead servers(lowpop) ones like Judgement and Flamelash.

Can confirm, Mirage Raceway is a solid choice. I see plenty of action outdoors when I level.

If it’s PvE then a one sided realm is best. Just make a few characters and go to a city.

Even populations for PvP are good but since the majority of PvP players are horde you may not find a balanced well populated realm. I would say go on and make a trial character, then delete it and try the other faction.

Just remember most of the sites are a few weeks behind the current population.

Could use a bit more alliance on Razorgore :slight_smile:

I’ve started classic after a couple of months playing BFA again, and I was supprised by how little people there were actively leveling anymore.
When I played last year, all of the zones were buzzing, good pvp and constantly people forming groups for dungeons.
I’ll give Mirage Raceway a try, even though I’m more into pvp realms, I really like to have other players around me.

Lies ringil we have enough

Bloodfang is a good server :slight_smile:

To be fair there are many reason why players aren’t leveling anymore. Most players left Classic (due to p2, minmaxing, premades, established guilds only taking geared toons etc etc).
Leveling to 60 a 2nd one is tedious as well, and 60 pve / pvp being in its current state, it is hard to motivate oneself for that.

As far as server goes, I moved from Mograine to Netherguard Keep awhile back, and NK seem fine. Not too small, lots of pugs, guilds still recruiting and not too many super tryhards.

Mirage Raceway seems good. I see people leveling all the time. Alliance has a larger population.

Actually Bloodfang is a realm, not a server.

1 Like

Pyrewood Village is nice and active

is mirage raceaway horde good and buzzing?

And you’re missing a comma!

1 Like

This is really the only thing you should be worried about.

PvP realms are subject to “dying” and/or becoming hideously unbalanced. So much so that being “unable to play the game at all” is now part of the official blizzard FAQ for PvP Realms.

I’m sure someone will tell you I’m talking rubbish, but it’s evitable that more pvp servers will die around the time TBC is released and if you roll on a 50/50 server it’s basically a lottery. Alternatively you can roll on a server where the imbalance favours you, if so wait to make sure the AQ gates are open first.

Only roll PvP if

You really like wPvP, regardless of if it’s balanced or not
You’ve taken the time to read what P2 was like and you want to be a part of that
You don’t mind spending the cash transferring of a server if it dies.

You are lucky I had been testing for 4 weeks about 6 weeks ago, I am already playing Horde on Gehennas and wanted to roll one alliance for the different quests.

I have been doing Census on Zandalar, Earthshaker, Bloodfang, Razorgore, both sides, even went through : how many items were on the AH and how it fluctuates.

As you say, Ironforge is ‘mostly accurate’ but some stats are off, simply because some realms have more casual players whom are not included since they are not included in raid stats.

Conclusion for me was:

Earthshaker would have been the best pick for Alliance, but I went with Razorgore because I wanted to be on the other end of the stick for once in terms of being on the slighlty dominated faction and I also didn’t want to contribute to making the balance worse.

Razorgore fluctuates somewhere between A/H 43/57 and 45/55% according to my statistics.

Earthshaker had a A/H 58/42% balance.

Zandalar is very good for Alliance but is getting worse for Horde A/H 60/40%

Bloodfang was also a decent balance but the population was getting a little too low for my taste. (Especially on Horde). A/H 58/42% ish.

Unfortunately I did not test any PvE servers so I can’t say anything about them…

I would really pick one of these and try them out, just don’t immediately believe every google result or reddit post you read about a server, there’s always someone with a bad experience on ALL of the servers available…

These are MY stats over 4 weeks, stats WILL change obviously.

Good luck.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.