Reason wow doesnt have housing?

Hello guys,

This is no rant or “make it happen” thread just serious question guys. Why do you think wow dont have housing feature?

I mean its not that hard making some housing hub with instanced housing. I know lot of people want it and can add tons of collectible items for collectors.

Imagine you waiting in que and doing some farming stuff in your hosue. Or you playing some stupid simple games like fotbal etc with your friends while waiting.

So what do you think? Its resources? Its belief?

3 Likes

The concept of WoD’s garrisons, which is the closest thing that comes to housing in WoW, wasn’t a bad concept as limited as it was when it came to customization.

The largest issue was that it wasn’t exactly a collector’s nest, if you know what I mean, but rather a expansion feature that would get no more development after the end of the expansion.

A housing system would require permanent commitment. Meaning that they will have to keep adding stuff specifically for it just like they are adding mounts and mogs and I think they didn’t want to commit to it. At least that’s my guess.

8 Likes

So resources then?

Yeah fair point i guess.

new world comes out next month what has houseing system and we will see streamers like Asmond streaming new world .

Lazy and uncreative developers.

5 Likes

New word is very different then wow i bet that it will does absolutely nothing to wow playerbase. You have like 4 abilities to press here and in general different audience i think.

1 Like

I wouldnt even know how to make it good. If everybody sits in their own little house that sounds kinda boring. If we would talk about maybe guild housing area or something like that…that could be cool?

I don’t get why you want a house, what are you going to do in the house? Walk around and look at the walls? Like what’s the point?

I think most players would rather they devote development resources to content like new dungeons, new raids, new zones, new armor sets, rework classes etc than design cosmetics for a house.

5 Likes

I would have said its largest issue was having too many useful features. Farming materials that you didn’t have the professions for, bank access; there wasn’t a good reason to go to a city. It was a centre of utility, and minimally customisable.

But also this. If it’s going to work, it needs to sit in a capital city (the player’s choice, obviously, and maybe you can even have one in each!) and actually be updated over time.

It needs to have features that draw on the character’s entire history, e.g. mounting the head of any raid boss you ever killed on the wall. It needs to have furnishing, and personalisation touches, and new things need to happen every tier. Maybe 9.1 gives you access to CN-style accessories. 9.2 gives us Maw-related knickknacks, etc.

You’re welcome to not want one, but there’s a sizeable portion of the player base who would. Maybe we just want somewhere to chill between groups, something to remind us of how much stuff we’ve done in the game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i played alpha as hunter they had same skills as in wow fake death , traps even aimed shot . but u had free aim as hunter made new world 1000000x better then wow

Fair enough, but how many of those players would like to compromise that they get less actual endgame content in exchange for this house? The development resources at any game studio aren’t infinite, if they spend time coding, designing, and updating a cosmetic player house, then that is time and resources that is going to have to come out of something else.

I doubt many players would like for them to say cut the next mega dungeon in exchange for a player house.

I would love proper customisable player housing that is a feature in the game forever and not just a gimmick for one expansion.

They could include things you could craft, things you could collect from raids, dungeons. It could introduce a whole load of achievments.

I do not understand Blizzard’s reluctance to allow player housing. It would be totally optional and stand alone.

10 Likes

Real world resources might be an issue. It would require a lot of additional instances, personally keyed to accounts. The servers already struggle with world bosses, I can see lag problems at the least arising from housing.

I forgot, it’s a small indie dev… Not like they’re pulling ~20 million a month or anything :man_shrugging:

Anyway, I don’t think it’s sensible to start arguing about “would you rather they do this or this” when the answer is we’d both rather they hired some more staff and did all the things. We need to be free to ask for what we want to see :slight_smile:

The servers struggle with 20+ people in sight of each other, let alone 40 :confused:

Fortunately player housing would be mostly just 1 person, and the internal content will be largely static. There won’t be any combat to consider (unless personalised target dummy?), no procs, no significant server load. And it will detach people from idling around Stormwind fountain or running rings around Oribos :joy_cat:

copy houseing from FF 14 blizzard alweys copy other games they never come up with anything self …

Yeah doing circles in oriboros while in que is better i guess

3 Likes

I wouldn’t play it and most likely it wouldn’t attract more clients with that feature .
Don’t think wow is made for housing as a game .

Because housing is a terrible idea. Every game that has it is complete trash. And the housing is always the worst part of it.

1 Like

It is a form of end game if it involves collectables from raids and dungeons pvp etc. To make your home look different.
I like the neighbourhood system in Lotro (lord of the rings) and Final fantasy.
Spontaneous fishing with your in-game neighbour.

1 Like