Reason wow doesnt have housing?

Yeah i get your point but poeple running circles in oriboros arent missed somewhere else…im not even house guy i totally ignored housing in wildstar and rift for example just wonder why such a big game doesnt have it.

I know what you want, there have been similar systems in games like GW2 with the guild halls wich had collectables and stuff from completing achievements, raids, or other activites.

What i am saying, is that the devs aren’t going to make this content for free in their spare time.

I’ll make it simple, the devs have 10 points to devote to content.

• PvE
  • PvP
  • World content
  • Minigames (collections, pet battles, secret finding etc)

If they dispose those points so that say 5 go to PvE (raids and dungeons) then 2 to PvP (arena & battlegrounds), 2 to world content, and 1 point to minigames they are out of disposable points to develop with. They cannot create resources (except for working for free in their spare time they aren’t paid for)

So what content gets cut? Who gets less content in favor of this player house?

Sry mate but its more like 0 for pvp. There is zero content for pvpers for years(one blinding arena ok)

Maybe activison dont have to be greedy satanistic cult and sometimes invest some money to make the game better but why right? People are buying this sh*t no matter what. Ez job…

I’m not arguing for what ratio is correct, it’s obvious they favor PvE, the example i gave was to give a sort of visual example to the problem here. People are saying ‘‘we want X’’, ok, you can have X but in order to design X we need to cut either Y or Z.

You can’t add infinite things that need doing, it’s a fine balance developing enough content to satisfy player demand as well as not having too much stuff to make so that we go 10-12 months between patches and the game loses all its interest and momentum. Hence my example of having points to devote to each thing.

I have been wondering this for years! I would love a NE style house in Stormwind…however as we still haven’t received housing after all this time…

I totally understand what do you mean and you are right i just dont think the money its visible amd well spended because when you play indie game like valheim, see the budget and then play wow its mindblowing like what they even do with their resources? Pvp is ghost town for 3 expansions.

I jsut cant see the money spend here…outside of new ways how to milk players and keep them timegated
…i mean engaged

Sandbox games where everything is player made allows for interesting player housing - Star Wars Galaxies comes to mind. However wows map system just wouldn’t allow that type of player housing. I think main cities should have instances where you could have a house. Store mogs on stands and onyxias head over the fire place.

Garrisons didn’t work because it wasn’t just a house it was an instanced town.

They need to be small, in cities, and have no features like AH, crafting etc. Purely for storage and decor.

And naturally to have “bring your own gnome” parties on a Friday.

1 Like

I agree that the financier side of activision blizzard is dodgy at best and it seems like we should get more bang for our buck considering we still pay box price for the expansion plus 15$ a month 17 years after release.

I’m just trying to be pragmatic when people just say ‘‘MORE MORE MORE’’ and there aren’t resources for that demand.

1 Like

Okay fair enough im not even some housing fan or anything just seems that every major mmo had it in some way. And wow not so i want to start discussion about it.

I dont think its complicated to add it but yeah they doesnt see it as a big selling point for players so…

I guess it’s just because wow was always a bit different from its competition even from the getgo and it’s just not wows’ style. But perhaps they will do something in the future, if solo queue goes through with all the push from the community recently then player housing might be a very real possibility.

2 Likes

Personally I liked garrison and I like houses in mmos it would be great to have place where you could hang trophies on the walls and customize the place.

I could perfectly live without another same o same o raids that have 27 different difficulties.

2 Likes

You should try Elder Scrolls online. Player and guild housing is a real thing in there and it works quite well.

Eso housing system is exactly what I would like in wow too.

Eso is a fun game for awhile but I hate the combat system in it.
Eso also suffers from horrible optimisation and last time I played it the lag was even worse than in wow.

1 Like

I agree. Most other mmo’s that use player housing also have an in-game store that sells furniture etc that pays for the cost.
I’d expect the same would happen in WoW if they would introduce housing.

Poor Onyxia!

It’s okay. The rest of her body is through the wall in the other room. She gets fed at night with a mix of classic WoW gnomes and Duskwallow marsh travelers.

2 Likes

Yeah this anicancel stuff realy isnt for me and i love single player ES series.

we want houseing to wow

give us housing

2 Likes

Why do you want a house when you already have a garrison?