Regarding Ally resetting Onyxia buff @Kaivax

Removing the CD will just make the raids even more stupidly easy…
Everyone will just stack every WB everytime before raiding making them really
The solution would be to make player stop thinking about WB everytime they have to raid… But it’s impossible

1 Like

tl;dr:
This is part of a larger topic that’s a big point of discussion in the game industry as a whole.

^ He goes into the specifics of it. This specific case would fall under “punitive game design” btw, so check out the vid to hear what he has to say about it.

It’s basically about the purpose of convenience vs. the purpose of inconvenience in a game.

(By the way, it’s always easier to argue for the benefits of convenience. Especially to the forum dwellers here. But the benefits of inconvenience, even though they aren’t as obvious nor immediate, matters a lot too but it’s harder to get players to understand such things on this forum.
Many only post here for the echo chamber. Few truly posts here to delve into a detailed discussion.)

Frankly, that’s a problem with these guilds, not the world buff.

Can someone explain the hate part ? I don’t understand, what’s the hate messages about ?

I think my post history here clearly shows that I frequently advocate inconvenience in Classic.

Some people forget that they don’t play on RP servers, so they get upset with Ally players who have horde alts or collude with horde to kill the quest giver and reset the CD on the buff - thus proceeding to use strong language towards the players in question.

Slashing the population removes mega servers, which a large chunk (majority?) of the Classic population enjoys.
If we thought a population nerf was the appropriate solution we’d simply transfer to Stonespine or some other low pop server.
The lag would likely still be an issue at high volume moments, such as AQ gate opening. Even on servers that are typically dead.

We argue for the solution we prefer, just like you argue for the solution you prefer. It’s obviously a subjective matter. I genuinely hope nobody is surprised by that simple fact.

In the meantime, your solution requires no interference from blizzard. It’s already available to us at the click of a button. On another note, it would also solve the herb crisis that full servers are faced with.

1 Like

It’s the ignorant response to what is perceived as a cross-faction collusion.

As Zak wrote, in reality it’s X faction players paying for Y faction accounts, leveling a mindcontroller on said Y faction account and killing the X faction NPC to reset the cooldown on the Onyxia / Nefarian buff.

Seems a lot like asking for it to become more convenient.
Which is what happened on pservers, they made it more convenient. (So this thread is basically a pserver player asking for a pserver change to be brought into Classic.)

lol that’s ridiculous…

My post history is not confined to this one post. For me this change would change nothing in reality.

For sure, imo plenty of changes on pservers would be worth bringing to classic. Such as progressive itemization for instance.

Which circles back to this post:

Personally, instead of using pservers as a “template” for Classic, I’d prefer them using Vanilla as a template for Classic.

Which includes the CD on the “world” buffs.

And the smaller servers, which you also seem to want.
And no xrealm.
Even IF xrealm, to at least use proper battlegroups, predicated on those smaller realms to begin with.

So on and so forth.

1 Like

I killed the priest who tried to mc the npc and i got spammed people wanted to kill me irl lmao.
Imagine being pissed over doing pvp.

2 Likes

very interesting. ill wait to see how ppl adapt to this situation over time. i find the whole reset procedure fun and curious part of game.

Couldn’t they change it so that you get the buff in all three cities? Would help cutting numbers down in one location.

Also with the lag situation cutting into your buffs, you could have it so that the initial timer when getting the buff only starts when you leave the city.

Imagine needing world buffs to farm current content :joy: :joy:

You did good. Do that every chance you get. Cross-faction collusion should be bannable

maybe it should be done through rp :joy:

1 Like

This this this. I can not stress enough how strongly I feel this to be true.
Making world buffs disappear upon zoning into raid instance and removing the artificial lag called spell batching would be 2 of the most beneficial, healthy and sensible changes Blizz could make to vastly improve the game for vast majority of players. I can only dream.

1 Like

Which patch? We agree on buff CD btw…

Doubt anyone needs it, but having your char feel stronger is kindof a good feeling, no?

Would not mind either this, or a temporary 2 month ban on wbuffs in raids after release like most pservers. Regarding the spell batching, I just want the window to be smaller, personally (so that’s it’s less predictable and abusable)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.