Regarding the Dalaraan market and a new Location. What if we turn it into a Mereldar Market?

Hallowfall is insanely well made as a zone. It has a very dynamic vibe due to Beledar changing phases.

Mereldar has a market place itself with a spring in the middle. Guards that change into “attention mode” when Beledar shifts into void phase.

The houses are all neat and big. The Inn is EVEN BIGGER with 2-3 rooms…

Needless to say it would make sense for the Dalaraan market characters to be on the Isle of Dorn, considering market always took place (as far as I remember) on a Tuesday. And on a Tuesday TWW launched, so technically all of the vendors + adventurer going there, were already in Dalaraan when it got attacked and destroyed.

This is just my suggestion, but Mereldar is big enough for many people and has enough space and fitting locations for everyone.

And best of all ofc, it is a neutral city.

Also, in a sidequest the Arathi of Hallowfall are desperately trying to get more trade routes and offers. So we even have CANONICAL REASON to do so IC.

7 Likes

And how are Horde players supposed to go there without getting constantly attacked by PvP NPCs?

5 Likes

A few problems would be the hard access to Beledar. You need to be level 70 and it lies in a higher level zone, no portal going there either. You also need to own TWW. These combined makes it less attractive too bring more players too the market.

Vibe that includes curfew, in a zone constantly besieged by nerubian and kobyss. Beledar doesn´t just switch into cute nighty night mode, it turns into Void state that causes all kinds of monsters to come out. I can imagine only few places less suited for the style of RP that was going on in Dalaran during trade nights as Hallowfall.

Also, I believe the organizers of the market have picked Valdrakken as new zone for the event, so there´s that too.

18 Likes

It should be noted that Mereldar is not as accessible. It requires you to be very high level in order to access it, whereas Valdrakken is a place that can be visited almost immediately.

1 Like

It has a good market area already, so makes sense.

1 Like

Yeah there’s the teensy tiny matter of Hallowfall being an active (and struggling) warzone.

Not exactly ideal circumstances for a market.

8 Likes

The people usually attending these events would go to a Love is in the Air market if it was hosted on the top of Sargeras’ Sword. An active warzone would not hinder or matter to them.

11 Likes

Do you need a ladder to get off that high horse of yours?

Anyway… Valdrakken sounds like the way to go.

2 Likes

yeah looks like one coad hitpiece wasn’t enough to stop him from posting his based and very true opinions, hehe

You know exactly what he’s referencing and that’s he’s right so stop being an apologist for lame roleplayers.

3 Likes

Fair point.

I disagree. Because inside the city you don’t get attacked. Also, that entire premise is exactly what would make the location so damn interesting to RP in, at least in my opinion.

True, since Dragonflight is now part of the sub DLCs. Personally, I am glad if I don’t have to see Valdrakken ever again, so if the market goes there, I will very likely never participate in it.

I see it the same.

You mean anyone who doesn’t adhere to your “standards”?

That’s also two off my Cringe Bingo card.

Referencing coad: :white_check_mark:

Using “based” unironically: :white_check_mark:

6 Likes

Surely it should be Dornagal? It’s a place where most characters would be with the current story and is a huge city with plenty of space and places perfect for RP. There are unused market areas, back alleys and corridors, and you unlock it straight away.

You could pick Valdrakken or some other venue, but for me it would be ooc for my character to be there and not Khaz Algar, where our Fellowship is currently stationed.

1 Like

Throwing this out there, but wouldn’t attempting RP in a current content zone ultimately be subject to phasing issues?

10 Likes

And it would get ignored instantly. The style of RP that was happening during Dalaran market nights just doesn´t fit with the notion of being in a town besieged by monsters of all kinds and under constant threat of being wiped out.
Also, while I can´t speak for everyone (although I feel like majority would agree with me), I´d say that people who are interested in RPing in Hallowfall, whether as Arathi or Alliance/Horde/neutral also don´t want to see Mereldar turned into THE neutral trade nights hub.

13 Likes

The main problem with using new zones, is the phasing.

There is no guarantee you’re being put in the same phase as every other player present. I’d recommend against doing this, you’re better off using an older zone, like Valdrakken, as was mentioned before.

Also, Dornogal doesnt even need the intro scenario done to get to, you can simply use the portal in your faction’s respective capital city.

2 Likes

This :point_down:

1 Like

Also a fair point. And I know of a guild that definitely would feel a bit crowded then with such events.

This.

That really is my only concern though. Warlocks could summon lowbies so long as TWW is owned.

The Arathi are starved for trade, so surviving merchants from Dalaran’s market could end up underground just fine - though obviously at some risk to themselves.

But yeah - in comes phasing. Valdrakken might be the easier destination for now.

I mean, the Dalaraan market could send “trade envoys”, small groups of players that develop a narrative there others in the zone could interact with.

But that’s just an option.