Regarding the Forums

Thou puny, you being one of us for along time and then taking it even a step further think you should try to convey some of our feelings about the forums.

Just yesterday some physco was harassing people and upvote/downvoting and flagging people in their thread where they went on and patted and complimented themselves on their main + 9 alts ( I actually checked )

I feel like sometimes the forums are a little bit too lax. and allow crazies to roam free.

1 Like

I’m aware, I’m speaking about it being kept in-game through tickets as I would/have done being confronted in such situations. This wasn’t the entirely point towards this thread, nor have there been any names specifically mentioned or hinted towards by myself.

If we are focusing on that however, by all means, as I know some of you have already. Do go towards these individual and report them for these things, I’d just much rather prefer it kept off the forums personally seeing what it brings.

I’m still one of you, I just happen to post in green now. I have no special powers, I’m not a moderator. I can try and help if there is something specific or reportable where someone is breaking the rules.

People posting on their alts to comment on their own posts isn’t a ‘new forum’ thing but the liking/flagging my well be. I’m not exactly sure what the limitations were on the old system. I’m not really a post on alts kind of girl. I wish we were limited to just one posting char. Would make life so much easier.

1 Like

I wasn’t talking to you. I was replying to Fairbanks.

3 Likes

Thanks for the links. It’s much appreciated.

I don’t exactly have passion for this type of information so I can’t exactly go ten rounds on a wide range of facts because I simply don’t know a lot of facts on walking the line.

It is confusing still as to why Goldshire isn’t wiped clean. If ERP was truly such an issue for Blizzard it would have been wiped out very quickly, as I said before. Park up in Goldshire and just hit that ban hammer after 10 seconds of reading a /w someone has sent. (And possibly a good minute of recovering from vomiting).

I just fail to see how people ERPing in the privacy of their DM’s is an issue for Blizzard. It’s not exactly hurting anyone and is sometimes a good source of comedy for as long as it’s healthy. (If that makes sense.)

If such stuff is sent in public channels, like what was recently leaked from a certain Goblin guild, then I 100% understand. Get them out of this game.

But people doing their stuffy in relative privacy? If it was so bannable, they’d be banned.
(I’ve repeated some things, sorry)

Previously, you A: Couldn’t see who liked something and B: Couldn’t like from all your alts.

These changes are hilariously bad and make likes even more meaningless than internet goodboypoints already are in the first place.

2 Likes

Aha, sorry I’m not familiar with green powers, but yeah limiting posting to one character would be a dream come true…

1 Like

Or just counting all your posts together as one character, as it did with the previous forums. Goes with the whole upvoting too and in this more recent case, flagging.

2 Likes

I personally don’t have an issue with people seeing posts I’ve liked or that people can see who liked any post.

Being able to like on multiple chars is obviously not a good system. I have nearly 50 characters on my account. I couldn’t be bothered to relog onto all of them to like something but there will always be someone who can be bothered.

Although it’s annoying from our perspective each account does have a user ID attached to it that the blues can see on each character on the account so they at least low if you are liking yourself from different alts or using alts to cause trouble. They can also see if you are using alts to flag people so flags from say 10 different alts only count as 1 flag I believe.

Switching between characters, is just a click away. It doesn’t really take much effort to be quite frank. I’ve chosen to stick to this character with all this trust level stuff going on now.

Whether the blues know this doesn’t really matter much though, likes are already hardly worth anything at all and anyone being able to boost their own rates up by dozens (I can even upvote and post with deleted characters lol) is just extremely flawed design, effectively making sure that there’s no reason for likes to exist in the first place.

For an entire account’s worth of characters that’s still pretty time consuming.

That is how some trolls do it flag some one because they do not like or agree with the comment that person made. I had that once, a troll targeting me, got flagged multiple times. Because of this one troll, you can flag some one with all of your alts if you have 15 characters you can be flagged 15 times

1 Like

I dont remember tbh… :joy: I have it written down at home

If you have 10 alts you can flag/like 10 times. It also will count as 10 times.
You could create a topic with 10 comments all 10 from the same person

From an official response you can indeed flag 10 times on 10 alts but your account ID will show it up to the blues as being from the same account so it will count as 1 flag not 10.

Likes not so much but you can’t really cause too much trouble with increasing your own like count and it’s a pretty pointless exercise anyway.

Posting from alts again can be seen by the forum mods as each alt is attached to your ID number which they can see, I believe it appears under your picture to them, so they know it is all being done on the alts from the same account and if you are doing it to cause issues and break forums rules, well that’s on you.

Can’t alter those facts I’m afraid.

That is my last post on the subject as I have a feeling I know what’s coming next. Sad state of affairs but there you have it…

I’ll get it off ya later Bukachu, the fun is going out of this fast lololol

I could link multiple replies that I’ve flagged, which directly violated forum rules and nothing was done about it tho. when im less lazy ill send an email to forum team with the list of it, but could share here too if anyone’s currious.

ERP is the least issue this game has. it has literally 101 major issues and ERP isnt one of them.

1 Like

Most of the posters in here are Roleplayers.