Regarding the Forums

This is regarding the forums in its entirety lately, there are a multitude of threads that have been opened which involve quite frankly some inappropriate and otherwise repulsive behaviour as a whole. This is coming from all ends of the forums.

You’ve got the ability to ‘somewhat’ silence a players response by targeted flagging. Threads that are harmful towards the community and incite harassment/bullying towards other players in the community for whatever it is they have done, being reopened after being shut and might I add, reviewed by a moderator (I presume). I’ve noted quite a few harmless threads, being unlisted or silenced permanently which are harmless in comparison whilst the above continues to be allowed.

Even if players are ‘silenced’, you can still click and see whatever it is they’ve posted to earn that, allowing the continuation of generally unpleasant behaviour. I much preferred the old forums way of functioning, where as if something inappropriate was posted and reported with moderators intervening once they shut it down, they’d do so for good.

It’s absolutely mind boggling how ridiculous the forums are at the moment, allowing the growth of such behaviour furthermore pushing other players who are just seeking to provide a sense of community through actual discussions, or on rp realms events, campaigns, etc. It’s just not really the way the forums should be running and I’m quite frankly appalled.

4 Likes

Another of these threads that vaguely talks about all the meanies doing mean things while never actually giving examles or describing what is “repulsive”.

I generally look in the general forums / raids and dungeons and some class forums and haven’t seen anything like you say. Where is it?

It was the same a few days ago with the “Hurr racists /handwave” thread. Someone just came in a dumped some allegations but context matters and we never got any.

5 Likes

Threads have been locked by the blues, we now also have an auto locking system after 30 days of inactivity so people can no longer troll by necro-ing year old threads.

I have flagged inappropriate comments when personally attacked in a way that break the terms of use of the forums (I have only had to report one such comment so far). The comments have been totally removed by the moderators, so the system does work. There is a difference between a comment that is silenced due to flagging by us the regular forum members, and a flagged comment being reviewed by a moderator. If it breaks the terms then they can take action as necessary.

Do you have any examples?

I’m more so consistently browsing the Argent Dawn forums seeing as it’s relate-able to my realm. These are just few threads, topics that have just some if not most of the things I’ve listed above. There was an example of naming and shaming, which should be -dealt- with through ticket communication, as with any case that arises surrounding things that go against the ToS.

I’ve often avoided the general forums due to many similar reasons in the past, but had been told this might get a clearer response here from an open ticket.

If you go through these threads which I’ve pulled out randomly among the many others keep popping up now and again, not to mention the general ‘big thing’ that appears by every month or so. It’s just really off putting among many other things.

I’m sorry but I asked why the person is alt posting. Alright? Alright.

The post isn’t what is meant to be specified, the thread itself is.

I’m sorry but I’m not going to wade through 145+ reply topics to see the general state of conversation in there but if there are specific posts that break the terms then moderators take action regarding flagged comments. If it’s just because people don’t like what someone is saying then no action will be taken.

Debates can get heated. You’ve only got to look at any discussion in this forum about Titanforging for example. That’s not to say that the thread will get locked if the discussion is still on track and people aren’t breaking the rules. Sometimes individual responses are removed and things can carry on.

But they’re not though, they’re still there?

1 Like

I did not see anything that warranted being removed or locked at a glance. Like I said I wasn’t going to read through a huge discussion.

3 Likes

Yeah. The Situation on the Argent Dawn Forums is one of toxicity and lynch mobs going around calling people vile names and attempting to embarrass, humiliate, and force people away from the realm.

Loads of topics have come and gone. Two for example is that of Erotic Roleplay and Raiding Guilds on an RP realm. Both of these examples have the same clique grouping up en mass to harass people advertising their raiding guild or those trying to argue against their disgusting behaviour.

I am certain reports/flags have been going out left right and centre, to the point where Mods have had to come in and lock threads, which happens on a weekly basis. And even now where threads have had an automated 24 hour lock out.

Yet the same people are allowed to post time and time again. And it’s not a case of one side debating against another. It is smear tactics, lies, disgusting insults and worse. Even some admitting to go behind the scenes to use things like Discord and Skype in order to force people off the realm.

No-one seems to be getting banned for behaviour that’s making a realm worse.

4 Likes

Unless they violate the terms they wont get a ‘forum holiday’.

2 Likes

One has to wonder how many slaps on the wrists until such actions are taken place, because this has been going on for years.

I could list a few off the top of my head of things I’ve witnessed that seem to have had no answer or no effect.

Breaking Code of Conduct on

Obscene/Vulgar
Inappropriate Language
Harassing or Defamatory (This on is around daily.)
Spamming or Trolling
Circumventing a Suspension/Ban.

The system is far from perfect. Especially when you have mods commenting on threads before locking them with things such as. “This thread has gone places it should never have gone.”

I’d love to sit down all day and post hundreds of examples, but you can understand our time is infinite and re-reading all of that stuff will just sour my day further.

Not everything that is reported is actually actionable. People just think it is, or think it should be.

Any action they take they aren’t going to discuss with us. All players can do is report.

2 Likes

You should spend a week or so browsing the Argent Dawn forums. I think you’d be enlightened by what you see. Perhaps some of that green text you got there would do wonders.

Give the people some MVP Justice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You do realise we get a lot of hate purely for being green? I can start browsing those forums too. I’ve generally stayed away from the realm forums until today.

2 Likes

Yeah. I don’t doubt that people will try to challenge the colourful text.

No one could hate you Punyelf (sucks up to the green font lol)

:blush::kissing_closed_eyes:

Easy for you to dismiss something with a simple “I didn’t see anything after taking a glance”, when the complaints are coming from people who are from this realm and experience it daily. Argent Dawn’s forums are completely toxic, at this point it’d be better if they were completely locked.

1 Like