Regarding the Livestream Delay

Could we at least get a new date on when we might expect the livestream? Was looking forward to hearing about the unannounced stuff. :frowning:

2 Likes

I was hype, now iā€™m sad

Who is the more important voice >:( ?

1 Like

Some employees just need more time to loot Apple Stores. Have patience.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a US thing :neutral_face:

Here we goā€¦you opened the Pandora Box nowā€¦

Keep it on topic folks. I know why blizzard did this and I totally support it. I just wanted to know if we could get a date on when we can expect the livestream after the delay.

1 Like

Wait, it got delayed?
Thatā€™s a shame. Where is the source though? Usually I see all this stuff on MMO-C but Iā€™m seeing nothing.

Found it.
Got the be honest, itā€™s actually a little bit disgusting that theyā€™re using the whole BLM protesting stuff as an excuse for them delaying a World of Warcraft stream.

ā€œMore important voicesā€ like what does that even mean? Itā€™s news about a video game, there will always be ā€œmore important voicesā€.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a clever PR-stunt, but anyway I think in maybe two or three weeks. Seemingly everyone is placing their events in the last week of June, so I guess something similar might happen here.

1 Like

Canā€™t say I sympathise with it. It does absolutely nothing. And frankly if we have to pause every time America ā€˜craps the bedā€™ā€¦ well that would turn quickly in a weekly routine.

As to their little crisis atm, nothing will change. Sadly weā€™ll see this happening again and again. Canā€™t say Blizzard is a champion either with the wages they pay for most of their staff. Talk is cheap as they say and weā€™ll see plenty of it from officials and companies.

8 Likes

What livestream?

2 Likes

They were going to do a June 9th stream for ā€œShadowlands updatesā€.
I think most of us was hoping for a release date, or at least a pre-patch release date.

I donā€™t see why they canā€™t do it, they have webcams donā€™t they?

All it will be is two people sat together talking, again.

Apparently they think Shadowlands is so important that it would distract from real world events and now isnā€™t the time to distract the masses with a new mount or further Transmog restriction questions.

4 Likes

Personally think itā€™s an excuse to stall, for whatever reason.

1 Like

Seems a bit damned if you do, damned if you donā€™t.

Blizzard says they donā€™t want their games to be a political platform with Blitzchung and Hearthstone.

People get upset.

Blizzard apologizes and says theyā€™ll do better.

Then Activisiom Blizzard release a statement regarding BLM and Blizzard delays their steam event because of the protestsā€¦

ā€¦and then people get upset again because they donā€™t think it should disrupt their games.

This is kind of what we as a community asked Blizzard to do following the Blitzchung incident - that Blizzard should take a stronger, more active political role.
Now they do.

5 Likes

yikes if you think blm is a political thing

itā€™s about human lives like legit yikes @ your whole essay

1 Like

Why do we have to care about some internal us issues again? Its not like ā€œsome voicesā€ matter outside of the us. The voices in Hong Kong surely didnt matter to blizz. Its just pure hipocritical panderin for good boy points.

6 Likes

Because people are dying for nothing??? Like idk can you be a human being and understand that this is an issue in the US where this company is based like???

Yikes dude

For the company itā€™s a political matter to be outspoken on issues like these.
Thatā€™s not a yikes thing on my part. Itā€™s an active business decision on their part to get involved in non-games affairs. And thatā€™s contrary to their previous company policy, that being my only point.

Reading the update, I couldnā€™t even roll my eyes any harder with them saying ā€œvoices need to be heardā€ after their lilā€™ stunt with a certain incident with regards to Hong Kongā€¦ hate hypocrites.

4 Likes