Regarding Vyranoth

I just finished the questline where Vyranoth came to warn Alexstrasza regarding the world tree and emerald dream. Alexstrasza says stand with us as you are a protector of this world.

Is Vyranoth a protector of this world though? She is a proto-dragon and had no such ambition (like protecting Azeroth) as far as I know.

Have I missed somewhere It was mentioned that proto-dragons too, or Vyranoth specifically, want to protect Azeroth? If not this conversation did not make much sense to me.

They wanted to free the world from titans chains so, and on a couple of occasons she mentions being there to free the world not destroy it.

So high chance alex was specifically referring to vyranoth, likely knowing her well enough given they were close as clutchmates.

1 Like

She wanted to protect Azeroth from the Titans and their influence, thats why she got so upset about what her brother did to the point she was even willing to turn against him
The Incarnates wanted to ā€œsaveā€ the world from the Titanā€™s influence, not mimic their crimes
Calling them ā€œproto-dragonā€ is a bit false thoā€™ by the way
They obviously not regard themselves anything proto, but TRUE dragons, only ā€œweā€ and the others call them proto-dragons
In their eyes the ā€œevolved-dragonsā€ and the Aspects are the result of the Titans experiments and influence - abominatons compared to them! The Titans infused them and their eggs with their power and their ā€œtaintā€ in her eyes and this new breed and ā€œevolutionary pathā€ was forced on the dragonkind like the Titanā€™s will on the whole world

Another female character is miss-understood and she will teach us how to live , while saving the world .
My ā€¦ definitely did not see that coming ā€¦ no , no .
At this point the only villain female character is Azshara ( for now) .
Not that the story needs any more female characters added , considering the entire expansion is made of female leaders and mentally unstable or insecure males .

If we have a top lieutenant defecting from the bad guys now, could we just get an explanation what exactly they are planning, please? Do we have to repeat the same mistakes we did with Sylvanas by trying to sell some genius plan that no one is buying, when there is no in-world reason at all, why those plans would still be secret?

I think we already know the plan? Fyrakk is planing to taint the treeā€™s heart- Neither of them knows what Iridikron is doing, as alex stated before in the last patch. Other incarnates werenā€™t aware of the deals Iridikron made.

They donā€™t? Well, thatā€™s just asinine.

Edit:
Btwā€¦ the world tree thing is just to frack things up, becaus fork us, right? Itā€™s not that anything specific is intended with it?

1 Like

Well, in the war against the legion during warcraft they were trying to taint and steal the power of nordrassil. So likely something similar. I could tell more but it would be spoilers.

I certainly wouldnā€™t mind some spoilers, if you have them. As it is, I have a hard time getting motivated to do any current story content, you canā€™t spoil that. :wink: And if youā€™re careful about spoiling others, there is always

spoiler

[details= spoiler]
text
[/details]

Huh didnā€™t know that thanks

spoiler

He wishes to convert the life within the treeā€™s heart into fire, there are different motivators. Fyrakk himself at this point is just power hungry, while the firelord (one we put in place during legion) wishes to expend the borders of his realm and is assaulting the dream due to that.

So much for the totally understandable motivations of the Incarnates, and the much better villains in Warcraft, I guess. I am beginning to doubt that their writing approach has improved at all since Shadowlands.

Thanks.

Tbh dude ate the magic that tainted and turned deathwing mad.

And elementals were chaotic and war loving since vanilla wow, no changes there from either sides.

Oh, at this point I am not criticizing the coherence of the story. I am saying that it is stupid and boring. If thatā€™s how you have to write an elemental villain, donā€™t choose an elemental villain, or at least give him a more interesting minder that we can interact with. Making the Incarnates ā€œterrorists against an unjust system that are going too far and have to be stoppedā€ was what they set up and, while not terribly new, was fine with me. But Blizz canā€™t do that and fall back on ā€œoh well, elementals, what can ya do?ā€, if they start acting too stupid for that to work, and get anything more than incredulity from me.

1 Like

tbh fairs xD but wowā€™s writing is rarely deep

1 Like

Fair enough, but they went from ā€œstupid, but coolā€ to ā€œjust stupidā€. If Fyrakk gets slain by an angry dwarf or something with a big axe making a sacrificial jump and roaring herorically, I might reconsider. :wink:

1 Like

Btw does anyone see a parallel with the old gods and the trees here .
It is basically the same thing .
Someone plants something , that roots itself in the planet and sucks itā€™s juices out .
Old gods just like fleshy tentacle things rather than trees .
I always wandered in Warcraft 3 , why Archimond wanted to destroy/drain the world tree soo bad that it was basically the pinnacle of the game .

Maybe Sylvanas did nothing bad by burning the previous one .

Thatā€™s what many people said when Blizzcon just gave us the burning tree. Then we learned about Sylvanasā€™ motivations and wellā€¦ Nope.

And while the lore is there to make the world trees into something unsaveably bad for the world, I donā€™t see that happening this time, either. Remember, this is their mea culpa tour towards the Night Elf fans. Teasing a new tree before taking it away again just couldnā€™t happen.

ā€¦
ā€¦
ā€¦
Though if it does, Iā€™ll be laughing for days.

About thatā€¦
Iā€™m REALLY concerned about the Kaldorei seed planted in the Dream and the new Old God whispers

ā€œDeeper, deeper its roots will reachā€¦ welcoming our embraceā€

:grimacing:

Sure it was an age old whisper ā€˜in the pastā€™, but the whsipers were always about the future and aimed to us
I have the nasty feelling, the Kaldorei tree will be corrupted, either by Yogg-Saron who have access to the Dream (made the Nightamre and opened the way to the other Old Gods) or the fabled 5th Old God or the 6th

(he Forbidden Shores, in the book The Old Gods and the Ordering of Azeroth it is mentioned: "The Pantheon shattered the Old Godsā€™ citadels and chained the five evil gods far beneath the surface of the world. " - except Yā€™Shaarj was never chained, Amanā€™Thul ripped it from Azeroth and tore it apart. And Gā€™Huun never had a citadel, nor even existed at the time (or could be considered an Old God). Soā€¦ by the lates canon sources we had six Old Gods!
So the math simply donā€™t adds up
Or Seven, actually if we look closerā€¦ since while Xalā€™atath counts herself among the Old Gods, she not had a citadell, not been chained by the Titans eitherā€¦ when they arrived she was already a dagger)

The future - again - looks very grimm for the Kalodreiā€¦

Sure, but weā€™re not predicting the future from an in-universe perspective, we are predicting what the devs will do. That the whispers exist point towards the idea that the devs at some point were toying with a plot about the corruption of the world trees. They havenā€™t bound themselves to that idea, though, and even if it sounded like a cool idea at the time that doesnā€™t mean that itā€™ll sound the same to them now. If theyā€™ll corrupt our cute little new world tree it will be because the devs want to twist that knife right now, not because they had no choice. Heck, they even build in an in-universe copout to any of the void prophecies, by saying that the void sees all possibilities and treats them all as true.

So, sure, the devs might kick Night Elf fans once again, while they were just trying to get up, but I feel basing that on the whispers is a bit too far-fetched for me.

Oh no, it is because - and Iā€™m willing to die on that hill! - the undiluted and pure hate the devs and writes harbor toward the poor kaldorei :frowning:
But the whisper is a nice ā€œexcuseā€

1 Like