"Relax it's just prepatch"

Wait, what? I am not even greek and i know what that word means and what it describes. And self-contradiction is one of its definitions. Outright denying that renders you a pseudo-intellectual.

You know what people do when they are out arguments? They start being literal about things. No, noone went to the video and commentated there with “relax, it’s just pre-patch”. You are right there. You happy now? This however wasn’t what anyone was saying. People are saying this relax thing anywhere and this video shows, that people should worry regardless if it’s pre-patch right now or not.

Maybe. I’m also drilling excessively hard and nitpicking, but that’s mostly just to defend my own reply.

I mean, here’s what the OP said:

And I replied, basically saying this:

That was my only point: That the people on this forum aren’t saying any of those things. You’re not making excuses for Blizzard. Those are not real quotes made by real people in this PvP community.
On this forum and in this community there’s no doubt that Blizzard hears all the complaints and criticism people have about balance and design. No one is providing the excuses that the OP are implying.

But if I am wrong, and that PvPers are indeed saying what the OP is quoting, then I will stand corrected. It’s just not what I’m seeing when I read the Arena forum (or elsewhere for that matter).

I’ll take being a pseudo-intellectual over low-IQ. But I suppose the goal for the both of you is to push some insults my way, so maybe it doesn’t really matter? :partying_face:

Regardless – and I feel like I’m nitpicking this thread to death already – a pseudo-intellectual discussion pertaining to linguistics is not really my cup of tea right now…
That being said, I’ll stand by what I said. An oxymoron does definitely imply self-contradictory terms, but it does not mean that outright or is limited to that. Hence why the two terms are different. Oxymoron is a bit broader. I used dissonance to explain the context for which I used it. Saying the words are at odds with each other works as well. But saying they’re self-contradicting is a bit too specific for the intent I wanted to convey, and I wouldn’t argue that length in writing and low IQ were somehow contradictions of each other. But I would say that they strike me as dissonant words or words at odds with each other. So an oxymoron.

Regardless, my main intent was just to throw a short rebuttal at someone who felt the desire to gift me with an ad hominem. Jerk.

I have only defended my replies as I have written them. And I wrote a response to the OP’s post(s) before any of you came in and started nit-picking on intent and meaning (despite not being the OP you all are quick to become spokespeople so you can take opposition to my posting – lovely). So I have elaborated on what I initially said, which is what my overly obnoxious behavior compels me to do. Because what I said initially is god damn right, and so I will make a point out of that. And yes, I will be happy about that.
What others have said afterward is not really my business. People can discuss the topic as they want. I am just accounting for my own posts and the line of thinking I’ve expressed on the topic.

This is getting excessive, but whatever. :expressionless:

The only excessive thing in here is you Jito. I can’t believe how anyone on this forum can put up with you. Seriously.

1 Like

Are you serious? Did you chose to ignore all the quotes someone bothered laying here for you while you kept on asking the same question for which you had already been given an answer that you have ignored? To think the world is full of people like you… Just shut up already, the OP made his point and normal people understood what he was talking about, you had loads of opportunities to understand what he was talking about too, if you don’t agree fair play to you, just stop playing dumb though, what else can we say… So much ink for such a simple point being made.

I find it remarkable as well.
Plenty of other people to talk to on the forum and in this thread. Not sure why people beeline into a thread just to comment on my posts without showing much interest in the topic of discussion beforehand.

No, I responded to Lichbørne and said that the difference between the quotes he included was that they pertained to the game balance in pre-patch BfA, which people do excuse by saying “Relax, it’s just pre-patch”.

What the OP had presented was a video by Venruki from the Beta, doing Arena at level 60 in Shadowlands.
That’s different.
And no one is saying “Relax, it’s just pre-patch” in that context.
In fact, if you take a look at various threads on this forum, a lot of the discussion pertains to the balance issues on the Beta.
So the quote and presentation by the OP struck me as disingenuous. And that’s what I said.

The wonderful thing about Jitos
Is Jitos are wonderful things!
They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about JItos is
I’m the only one :musical_note: :musical_note:

In all fairness to the OP, I have actually only made two small points, none of which I would consider a big deal or more in opposition to what he presented than what Rákar alluded to in his posts.
The rest of my posts just consist of fielding replies to people like you, who don’t seem to have anything to contribute to the topic of discussion beyond QQing about me. Be that as it may.

Such as you, other than trolling you don’t seem to have contributed much to this post either and maybe that’s why people are giving you the flak, because you’re trying to invalidate the OP’s point when his point is correct. I hadn’t seen any of your posts prior to this but you do look like you’re a nice piece of work. I’ll stop feeding you know, farewell.

Really? I was the second person to reply, just after Rákar, and I think I wrote a fairly thought-out post with reasonable length, and followed it up with a few more posts when the OP replied. I consider all of that to be normal forum posting with a little back-and-forth.

Why the rest of you then consider that short exchange of posts between the OP and I to be a field trip you need to get in on, well that has nothing to do with me.

I mean, your initial contribution in this thread is to wager that some really weird people here are somewhere on the autistic spectrum.

If that’s where you set the bar for a thread contribution, I think I’m doing just fine myself. You’re definitely not setting an example I wish to aspire toward.

I am not one to speculate why people give me flak, or downright hurl insults my way (let’s call it what it is, unless you were implying someone else was on the autistic spectrum?).
And I fail to see what is wrong with expressing disagreement or objecting to what others have written. This is a discussion forum. We discuss. That includes taking opposition to viewpoints expressed by others.
None of that means the OP doesn’t have a point or that his post doesn’t have merit. It just means that in this case I disagree and object to something he wrote. Others agree with him and think he’s right. Great! That’s what a discussion involves; an exchange of opinions and viewpoints.
If people can’t handle disagreement and immediately resort to insults, then maybe they should reflect on their own approach to forum posting before lashing out on mine.

Good night. :slight_smile:

We said the same about destro locks in BFA, but they ended up getting buffed twice

I have theory about it. Do you remember early S1? Everything that was op was nerfed to the ground:

-Sub
-Arcane
-Arms
-Enha
-BM
-Feral
-Disc
-R Druid

Then they buffed warlocks post season 1 and then they “abandoned” expansion to work on SL already as they knew BFA was failure already. There were no major balance patches. Specs that were broken stayed broken and these nerfed in S1 stayed garbanzo. They are going to try hard in SL season 1 as they did in BFA.

But the thing is, arms also happens to be major gigantic thrash in PvE, so bad in fact that it’s racing the tanks. I think that’ll provide a nice cover up to make us stay below the radar for PvP nerfs :ok_hand:

No no no no wynter, don’t do it, I yield :raised_hands:. (it was all jito :arrow_up:)

This was my mistake, I thought this reply was in a different thread. So the reply is irrelevant to what you said.

So I deleted it after realising.

1 Like

Warriors never stay under the radar. If they are even 1% op, they get nerfed to being mediocre (at best) or garbo 1-2 weeks into expansion.
Then some others stay op or get buffed forever and fast.

Actually FDK>UDK in arena, but nerfed mus be UDK. :smiley: I don’t care tbh, but its looks funny as expertise.

Not 100% accurate. Its shown what actually happen when subs are viable. Its :poop:show everytime. Almost the same was in Legion the last time. Even if there will be zero PvE trinkets abuse. Only orcs with relentless could survive against subs, when it was stacked with their racial.

Dont worry its just a prepatch is a meme. It’s meant to give false hope theres still time to fix (max level) stuff when in reality most likely nothint will change as usual (for example sub rogues were one shotting people at start of bfa). If you read NA forums people say that 24/7 as a meme.

Idk like this Is not right. There are several ways of interpretation and you used only one - grammar which can often give you wrong meaning (idk cos of sarcasm etc).

I honestly just picked up the discussion from where it was, finding myself in the odd position of taking Rákar’s side. Here:

That all-together strikes me as fairly plain back-and-forth forum discussion. It’s hardly anything that requires a lot of interpretation or scrutiny, and definitely not something worthy of a lot of drama.
But of course, if others want to chip in with their own interpretation and give their take on the topic, then by all means. I’m just excessively and tirelessly accounting for my own post(s), because I’m not going to go along with a narrative that I’ve seemingly written something dreadfully wrong or sinful, just to satisfy some people’s desire to have a “gotcha!” on me. Forgive me, but no one’s getting that.

You suppose wrong. I tried to explain to you what OP meant with what he posted. The last thing I care about is insulting you.

And I know oxymoron also includes stuff like paradoxes and other stuff. However I limited it do self-condratictory because it would be the most fitting in a forum like this and honestly the other definitions only differ from each other by a very low margin…
And i still don’t know where the dissonant words are to be found btw.

So… you accuse of me of insulting you and then you write this…?

I don’t need to op to know what he means. And it’s not all about taking opposition to your posts. You’re not important enough for that. It was to explain to you what op means and from he said in the past i know that i am not wrong.

Well at least you know it.

You honestly know that this is always the case when you post something that might be correct by a detailed, nit-picking view on it but from a general point of view and by looking at the bigger picture is simply out of place. Yet you continue to post and then wonder how everyone is hostile towards you every time…

I think we’ll leave that mystery unsolved.

Nah, that was in response to the guy calling me low-IQ in lieu of a longer discussion with you on the definition of oxymoron and the meaning of low-IQ and TLDR.

And now I’m in the twilight zone. :crazy_face:

Not really. I post if a topic is of interest to me, and then I respond to replies made to me if I think they warrant a response.
That’s my modus operandi.
How other people choose to approach my posts is for them to decide. I just reply as I see fit.
I mean, I do not have a problem with you or your posts.
If you have a problem with me or my posts, well, then that’s for you to sort out.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/456428671667011597/770609510192644126/display1.png