Remember back when a port would be enough to be safe from melee

and then(today the year 2022) 0.01 seconds after porting 9/10 melee specs are at your position cuz they all have 300 charges / leaps , ranged stuns / slows and what not.

world of melee craft

12 Likes

It’s only really DHs and WW Monks that are the issue imo, with well played Warriors (the ones that don’t Charge/Leap distances that they should really be walking) being a maybe if you take away Spear of Bastion.

Dunno if I’d count SV Hunters having 95% of their kit available at range, but things like Rets/Rogues/DKs port works fine against; porting grabby hands is always a good meme.

WW Monks really are completely unreasonable, though. The fact that you could take away Port, Tiger’s Lust and FSK and still have them be about as mobile as the next most mobile melee is hilarious.

It’s even worse, fury warriors have this thing that allows them to stick on you like NASA approved UHV certified silver epoxy glue on top of charge leap and intervene they already have.
DHs and WWs have a lot of mobility too.

5 Likes

I’m confused by this thread.
You believe you should be able to hit port and then be safe from everything?

7 Likes

I feel like if you port and successfully break LoS, you should have more than 2 gcds worth of time before the person you’re kiting gets back on you.

Works fine against specs/classes with gap closers which require a target in LoS, but things like Monks and DH’s with unconditional dashes/rolls/ports of their own just don’t care in the slightest.

1 Like

uhm yeah thats kind of the purpose of the ability is it not. you dont even have 2 gcds and most melees are back on you already after porting. it must be hard to play melee,
1 or 2 stuns, 1x interrupt, some even have a freedom, ranged slow, 1,2,3 charges / leaps.

meanwhile casters gets nothing to deal with this abomination of a game design

meanwhile melee players just zugzug and dont worry about anything, imagine if every caster had a disarm, oh boi the outrage

4 Likes

Alright buddy, you’re free to believe that.
Best of luck with it.

3 Likes

Well, Boomkins can have a disarm with FF, right?
And for years mages had a ‘dead zone’ they could sit in with hunters between 5-8 yards.
Then WW monk can disarm at range despite being melee.
Then some hunter pets can disarm too.

So why are you here complaining that after years of having it easy on melee that casters / ranged have to now play on equal footing?

What exactly is unreasonable about this melee?

Wasn’t it designed with the way of high mobility back in MoP? :thinking:
Mobility is also not being used only for offensive.

The unreasonable melees you should talk about are rogues with blade rush/double step - fury warrs with crushing blow mindless spam - and Survival being complete range specc because the only thing they need is killshot and bombs to crit people for 20k+ constantly.

While I dont agree with the design philosophy of DH because the mobility is literally imp copy paste of WW these 2 melees should always come with high uptime when it is needed for them.

1 Like

MOP had ok-ish mobility. You could actually kite warriors around, a lot of stuff that you have now baseline was a talent choice. Kiting was an actual option, but right now it’s impossible with this fury thing spam. There is a difference between having 3 mobility abilities per class and being able to close the gap infinite amount of times making kiting obsolete

I remember when the rng root on frost shock stopped melees from doing anything…

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The fact that none of their mobility requires a target in LoS to use. Unless you count Keefer’s ofc, not that I understand how anyone ever okayed that abomination considering that the spec already has an auto-refresh physical slow + imp. hamstring on demand.

All three of those examples that you provided require LoS of the target.

Mobility is king both offensively and defensively, and having more mobility than literally any other spec in the game, all of which being unconditional, is unreasonable.

Remember back when you had to use your brain above 1800 too to win :slight_smile: Not just pop your Recklessness, Avenging wrath/AMS+burst or Kidney Cheapshot every 30 sec :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I remember when a frostmage could actually kite melees. Good times.

4 Likes

Tfw the defacto melee control/kiting spec for nearly a decade is now unironically the worst Mage spec at dealing with being trained by melee.

3 Likes

Because slows on classes like warriors are pointless since he can do those mini charges all day. Second issue being that warriors themselves have now a 70% slow that has a very low cooldown with conduit, making slows unable to get away from warriors. Add necro banner on top of it and its gg

Ye. Rn the only way to kite a warrior seems to be not to be in execute range for the execute charges, he needs to have his charge and leap on cd and you need to have blessing of freedom running.

Either that or leap on cd and break LoS, which means you lose most of your dmg yourself aswell. Weird world when the warrior is not afraid to just stand in the open field against a caster because he just rushes him down anyways.

I miss having MS effect on aimed shot.

I mean you have it passively on your pet anyway

Having it in Aimed would be kinda good and kinda bad.

Good as in you actually need to get Aimed Shot off, bad because now even more of MM revolves around Aimedshot.

1 Like