Remember back when a port would be enough to be safe from melee

Yeah they do. But they have to use 1 out of 3 pvp talents to have it. Imagine if melee players had to do the same (interrupt)

Imagine if melees had another weapon they can pull out if disarmed. Most casters have 2-3 schools to bait kicks.

Tfw you Disarm the Ret and still get 30k Final Verdicted because it doesn’t require a weapon.

Not that you’ll ever see me lobbying for the removal of interrupts/giving every caster a Disarm (but it’d be sweet if Faerie Swarm wasn’t dispellable, god forbid anything be able to rival Monk Disarm), but let’s not pretend that the argument doesn’t go both ways.

Can Demon Hunters still literally backflip out of Disarms that have already hit them with Vengeful Retreat + Glimpse? lmao.

That makes no sense given how melee interrupts work.
Kick, Pummel, Rebuke, and the Monk is Throat something, all are just moving alimb, why on earth would that be a talent point or pvp talent? “Oh, in the lore you can’t lift your foot off the ground to kick as a rogue because those leather shores just weigh so darn much!”
You’re complaining about a thing that does not warrant complaint.

I can assure you, Good Caster easily kite Warriors and especially Warlock. Not that Demo needs to kite anyway with 2 stuns, coil, spam fear and soul link.

It was a joke to a horrible comparison, disarm and interrupts are not the same. Disarm isn’t that effective against kyrian, where you only crit for 30k. Against necro it makes divine storms not proc from final verdict but still consuming procs so it’s wasted burst.

I love when I’m able to successfully mind control a melee away from me, and once MC ends I don’t even have enough time to hardcast a shadow mend or vampiric touch before they’re back on top of me to interrupt it

last i checked melee can still use defensives when disarmed.

get spell locked and gotta pray to the gods

How does it not make any sense? Most casters have to spec into disarm where interrupt is baseline for melee.

Also over the years melee specs have gotten more and more where as casters havent.

Not everyone. Casters can also use defensives if interrupted on another school. Or locks who don’t need to bother about interrupts and pop 100k shields.

Because disarm and interupts are not the same thing?
Disarm: Have your weapon and any abilities dependant on it removed.
Interrupt: Stop a school of / or all magical casting.

If we stand in melee range of each other, I can reach your weapon and take it from you. I can also stop you from SPEAKING SPELLS by slapping you, kicking you or throat chopping you as most melee abilities for interrupts work this way.

You keep making the very basic mistake of thinking that disarms and interrupts / silences are the same thing, they just aren’t and the reason most melee get access to both is because they can physically reach your weapon and can stop you from casting a spell as spells in the warcraft universe must be spoken, just our characters dont make a sound to do it.

For example: in the RTS games and the Movie (based on said games) people get stopped from casting if someone covers their mouth and they can’t actually speak.

Why can’t an enemy caster just grab your weapon as you get into melee range of them? Are they not physically strong enough? What about Holy Paladins? They’re essentially frontline Priests. Is there some sort of new-age, Geneva-esque law that prevents practitioners of magic from disarming enemy forces via magical means?

Was the Horror of Old (Psychic Horror pre WoD) just a bit too horrible? Was this what finally outlawed the usage of magic to disarm? Perhaps the Payback a bit too Fiery (Fiery Payback, removed in Cata)?

Why can Holy Priests cast Divine Ascension while silenced? Are only some prayers to the Gods audible? Holy Priests might be more FotM than we realised, could they be Warcraft’s first silent speakers?

How have Monks learned to perform something as unsubtle as Disarming somebody from 40 yards away, in such a manner that other martial classes cannot imitate?

How is one disarmed by Faeries? Furthermore, how does dispelling a living creature suddenly make it disappear (Faerie Swarm)? If the above is true, does this mean that Balance Druids are war criminals? :thinking:

Perhaps most importantly, though. If to Disarm somebody is nothing more than

with extra steps, then why do those who are otherwise capable of Disarming a target suddenly and completely forget how to when not engaged in PvP combat? Lmao.

I love this train of logic, I could go on for days.

Obviously these abilities dont have the same effect. But the fact that melee players are able to stop a caster from playing the game every 10-15 seconds where as casters arent able to is mind boggling considering how much mobility and utility most melee specs have these days. over the years melee specs have been granted more and more stuff where as casters havent. I think the only caster spec thats up to date with this aka dealing with melee specs is fire mage.

Just think about it, frost mage the oldschool melee kiting spec is now not even good at it

Could it be because of the things i said? Like melee specs get more and more and caster specs get nothing

Also why does some melee specs have a 10-15 yard range on their interrupt? Especially DKs why do they need this? They have pet stun, their own stun / Strangulate, death grip, chains of ice, 1/2 freedoms

DK isn’t even the biggest offender there, DK is just annoying af because they can succed by DRing all their micro CC into a target during their obscene burst window. If you DR your own stuff to that degree you should just autolose imo.

I had a DK/Fury/Druid team unironically try and train me down with every CC button they had, I even got disarmed as a caster (???) for some reason, unless that was a bigbrain play to deny the stats from my weapon.

So give melee the ability to ignore all slows, cc, damage etc for how ever many seconds too? You can have your permakite builds, sure! But let me have a permanent Divine Shield to make it fair, okay?

Rogues and warriors also need to spend a PvP talent for disarm
Dk needs a PvP talent for silence
What’s your point?

my point is that you dont need to spec into interrupt but casters have to spec into disarm

Interrupt can be faked, casters can have multiple schools.
Disarm just removes the ability to do DMG. It’s comparable with silence to mages, not interrupt

I wish fakecasting was rewarding, but with every melee spec having multiple ways to interrupt casts with instant cast CC, every single melee even having one AT RANGE, makes fakecasting such a moot point.

And even if you successfully fakecast, you still lost time on an unsuccessful cast
 its just no longer justifiable in a world where most classes hit way harder with some instant or uninterruptible abilities than the most “dangerous, hard hitting” spell chaos bolt.

Still laughing at this guy losing it over the fact melee get advantages in melee and casters have advantages at range.

1 Like