Remember back when a port would be enough to be safe from melee

xd are u gonna pretend most melees dont have near 100% uptime?

Well ye. Every melee is designed to keep up with mages. While forgeting about every other ranged. Imagine not having even that portal.

So you just want to sit in the middle of arena and do your pve rotation all day? What next? You will complain that people run behind pillars so they should be removed too?

Not just standing in the middle and do a PvE rotation. But warlock lack survivability, it was better before ion took over. MoP warlock was still the best version of the class, they should have let it be. Never change a running system

You are playing a demo lock and you complain about survivability?

1 Like

Mop lock was super busted tho. Kinda ironic whining about other things being busted while you want your own class to be god mode.

1 Like

Of course, we need Demon skin for the survivability of our pet. Even when Dark Pact is sometimes a better option.

I’m always saying Demon skin, Demon Armor and soul link should be baseline for all 3 specs. This would be enough.

https://youtu.be/vpFZT50jzX0?t=39

Faking interrupts is still rewarding, but it depends on the timing. Faking an interrupt when it’s meaningless to fake an interrupt, then yeah it’ll make it worthless. Do it at a crucial moment and it’ll be gold worth.

As for CC being used to replace the interrupt, it means they threw not just an interrupt but also a CC into your cast to stop it. Means they won’t have interrupt nor CC to stop you after. CC also tends to have longer CDs than interrupts, so getting that out for something as small as a cast is typically rewarding in itself. But it all comes down to the timing.

Also, with the quick damage pace, it gives you less time to fake interrupts, which in turn makes interrupts easier to land, which is just horrible for healers. If you wanna complain about eating interrupts as a caster DPS, then you should keep in mind that it gives your partner(s) space to hard cast instead, and wizards can get damage out regardless, the only difference is how much. You still do more than melees being forced to kite, so in a sense counterpressure is more effective against melees than ranged.

Nah, that’s not what I want, but it’s what melee players definitely want. And sadly, it’s what they currently do. PvE me down all day, when I can retaliate and they SOMEHOW run out of stops, they run behind the pillar.

Nice gameplay.

1 Like

No, that’s exactly what you want since your argument why fakecast is bad is that “you lose time in which you can’t do dps” which is something a pve player would say

You suggest them to eat your entire tyrant for free? Why would they not run behind the pillar? If you want to do dps all day long and not care about enemy running away behind pillars you should play affliction

Problem I’ve run into is people not even running from caster CDs, they just keep on tunneling with their own offensives and the fact that it works out sometimes is triggering.

Especially if its herocleave or something similar, throwing a barrage of micro cc, interrupts and pseudointerrupts your way as it happens.

2 Likes

Dude if your spec is designed around HARDcasting, the only viable thing that you can do IS standing around and cast
 how do you not see that this is nothing I can control?

And meanwhile those hardcasts are still worse than instant casts.

Lol demo. I’m not a fotm reroller, been destro ever since. Last time demo was good was: wotlk, cata, MoP, WoD

Name me a single spell that you hardcast and explain why you do so

Shadowfury? Cataclysm? Chaos Bolt? Fear? Incinerate? Decimating Bolt? Immolate?

Dude. Just. Stop.

Those arent hardcasts, you just listed ordinary spells

You did my mistake, hardcast is something you can get instant on procs. But needs to be casted while no proc is active.

What you mean is turret playstyle in a fast pace mobile meta.

Hardcasting has both meanings. It also means spells you literally need to hardcast to get off. Also just goes around my point entirely
 it’s so dumb arguing semantics like this.

Same dumb discussion as destru vs destro. The only correct way is destru, but it sounds terrible, nobody used to use the correct word for it, everyone just stared saying destro and that stuck around.

Uuuuuugggghhhhhh,

1 Like

No it doesn’t you just made it up instead of admitting that you were wrong.

And this is something you also made up to cover your first imaginary argument.
Stop with this cringe and learn to fake cast and bait interrupts instead of demanding a PvE playstyle in a PvP enviroment. If you want to freecast you are welcome to do mythic+ which is right now in demand of destro locks.

Again I don’t want that playstyle BUT MY CLASS DESIGN HAS BEEN FORCED TO BE LIKE THIS SINCE LEGION AND ITS DRIVING ANY SANE WARLOCK VETERAN NUTS.

Also learn to understand how language works. But no, everything is just about to “win” an arguement on the forums.

Yes I’m the only one that “made this up” whatever. Learn to interpret communication.

If you played destro even for one second in 3s you’d quickly get how ignorant your statement is about “lEaRN tO fAkECaSt”

The whole discussion is about the VALUE of fakecasting these days and how irrelevant it has become because you can interrupt those casts with a bazillion incaps, stuns, rops, grips.

By that time the meleetrain unloaded 300k+ damage EACH into you while at the same time spamming more cross CC than a caster that’s supposedly best at doing this due to his CC being spammeable.

There’s a reason everyone rerolls demo and aff at the first sight.

I want my setups to matter again and not be interrupted all the damn time, even when I and my mates cross CC.

Or even better, I want my own CC to not screw me over time and time again just because the target gets coiled around the corner. GG, there goes your only window in 2 minutes.

Meanwhile a DK just pressing ONE SINGLE BUTTON does 110k dmg with it, constantly grips people in.

The sheer effort required to do the SAME STUFF on a hardcasting spec stands in ZERO proportion anymore, that’s what pisses me off.

And now I’m waiting for my next ban since my language is absolutely the worst thing to ever happen in the world and we live in snowflake times where you can’t even express yourselves anymore. Even when careful with words it doesn’t matter, the pussy generation finds a way to twist it against the code of conduct, so Idgaf anymore.