Reminder that a 100GB SSD is minimum requirement for Shadowlands

If you like I can try to help. Maybe take a few photos from different angles of it - could be enough to figure out

But yeah majority have a normal 2.5" drive and in most cases it’s behind a little square with 4 screws on the backside

1 Like

There are also external SSDs, maybe this could help you…

3 Likes

nah only if ur trying to put ur PC entirely on Samsung Evo SSD it can get expensive. for example the TB SSD i bought when i put my machine together cost me like £450ish.

however to put the 250GB Samsung SSD into my mums Machine cost her like £80 :P.

https://gyazo.com/658b427e0a1d64161b78314d1d1b7ee5

definitely upgradable SSD

1 Like

+delivery=50pounds=expensive

but if i take out my ssd how will it run windows?:stuck_out_tongue: im not into that tech stuff xd

Where does it say that a SSD is minimum requirement for Shadowlands?
I have a 512 SSD+ 2 TB HDD and I have the game on my HDD and it works fine.
And I have time to wait with the loading screen.

1 Like

it’s the upper-rich class ‘‘requirement’’ . more of a ‘‘want’’ rather than ‘‘need’’ :wink:

1 Like

ofc you can, why couldn’t you?

1 Like

You dont ‘‘just’’ want enough, you need more than just the required amount to have some movability, some breathing space and that it’s not completely full just from world of warcraft.
Amazon; 240gb Kingston SSD, is $34,99.
A 500gb more reliable SSD of a better brand is $65.
It’s not that expensive these days whatsoever.

you forgot VAT +Shipping dear xd it’s definitely not cheap, otherwise HDDs woulndt be sold

People like to mistake the Recommended and Requirements list for one another regularly.

in SL basically… it’ll get even slower on a HDD.

its to do with lots of things. for example, when a game makes u walk through a Small Area a tunnel or something… its actually the game giving it a moment to reload without a Loading screen. if ur on HDD and the game runs too slowly for it this will actually make you lag when moving into Small Areas.

Its not a Requirement, but it’ll make ur gaming experience more optimal. so alot of people encourage This if the upgrades cheap enough.

There’s no shipping cost on Amazon atleast not for me, you can also just look at a local store? it was just a example. SSD’s used to be hundreds, now way less. HDD’s are just for mass storage these days tbh.

What country do you live in as Amazon prices include VAT and if sold and dispatched by Amazon delivery can be free.

I know, but if someone can’t afford much, then 120GB is a good start

it was regarding the posters ‘‘prices’’ not amazons prices
also nice try cia. not giving you my location data <3

1 Like

Regardless of shadowlands requirements I just want to say that having a large SSD is one of the cheapest and biggest computing QOL improvements one can imagine

5 Likes

HDDs arent that bad for ALOT of games. its just MMORPGS typically have ALOT of loading screens or backlog reloads which make SSDs more optimal experience wise.

and while we can agree in a vacuum a SSD is cheap in multiple ways collectively buying a PC can be expensive and Simply adding more little price tags to it could easily get too expensive for some players.

remember, people as young as 12 are allowed to play this game.

oh… they actually are stapling it as a requirement, sayting that if im correct they’ve updated / added some features to WoW to improve its Graphical aspects and more right?.. Maybe one of these has caused it.

tbh, its about thje right time WoW jumped onto the SSD optimization really. they are damn cheap, and even most budget PCs come with one built in.

1 Like