Reminder that a 100GB SSD is minimum requirement for Shadowlands

I asked for the country to try and help you with a shop in your country that you could get an SSD from for less money.

But you can get one with free delivery for around £20.00 including VAT.

I live in a remote island tho so shipping is 50€

1 Like

wat?.. what do u mean a remote island?.. u live on a Random Mile of Land in the ocean? O.O

also CIA? XDDD lmfao. I assure you, i dont think the CIA Invest their hours into WoW Playtime to try and find random Players in the World Who lack SSD Cards.

6 Likes

I do not believe it until I have played it on a normal HDD as I have all my games installed there.

SSD is still twice or more then the amount over HDD

No? a 500gb hdd is like $25, meanwhile a 500gb SSD is $35.
Just a tiny bit more.

1 Like

IKR LOL.

I’ve lost interest in trying to help him now. I just looked on Amazon at delivery to one of the islands in the Outer Hebrides and it still came up free shipping.

If £25.00 was too expensive then I’m not sure how they’re affording £34.99 for the basic version of SL

Decent HDD which have minimum fragmentation still works well for WoW but sure SSD is better for sanity if you teleport a lot.
Just don’t buy cheap SSD’s with TLC memory. Prices are good enough so it’s easy to find 50-60$ MLC SSD which will last for longer.

1 Like

they are also worth more, really. I might just be in a lucky situation where I can get 1 TB for 90 € in Switzerland but SSDs are really really worth it. I know they are slightly more expensive in EU but your time is also worth something and most people don’t only play games on their computers and a SSD just speeds up everything

Damn, I laughed loudly

1 Like

Crete?

1 Like

I was about to ask the same ^^

1 Like

Not the case in Norway 250gb SSD cost just a little less then 2TB HDD
66euro for the 250GB SSD the 2TB HDD cost 84euro.
A 1TB SSD on the same webpage cost 137euro.

This is litteral prices From the same manufactor you be the judge.

I do have both SSD and HDD in my system so this has no effect on me personally.

Nah, Bermuda Triangle.

That’s really pissed me off - that’s the first I’ve heard of it. I bought a new (not cheap) PC 18 months ago and, having investigated what people were saying at the time, an SSD was reckoned not to be a good thing for WoW, just a large HDD (mine’s 2TB). Hopefully it’ll still work as finances aren’t going to stretch to an addition to an 18 month computer.

4 Likes

tbh they arent gonna give that sorta length of time In advance. 18 months ago blizzard wouldnt of been designing the engine to the game nor testing its requirements to run it :slight_smile:

blizzard tend to wait til prices fall on tech and then Put in the requirement, they tend to not make any choices that’ll cost high cost upgrades. so when prices fall blizzard then incoperate it.

the prices of SSDs have dropped dramatically over the 2 years… which is why its now coming into play.

we saw the same with 64bit, they held 32bit open until Legion… mainly because 64 bit dropped beneath £100 for the upgrade.

I’ve just checked and it seems a huge leap from BFA:

I’ve also realised that WOW is stored on my SSHD not my SSD. Guess I’m opening my PC later and seeing if I can fit a another SSD in and move WOW over.

PC only bought in April 2018 and no where near needs upgrading yet

1 Like

I have been using ssd for more than 7 years now…

Still I don’t feel good about game requirement demanding much more than we used to know . It is potato machine game after all, this is how it started.

4 Likes

It’s ok I guess I’ll just move Overwatch to my HDD I hardly play it anyways.

1 Like

aye it is… but as far as i know they’ve incooperated alot of things the game didnt have prior such as Raytracing and more. upgrading the game in such ways will Dramatically increase the requirements each time.

its why normally blizzard do give 4 years or more between these leaps, so players dont feel like their PCs are becoming unaffordable. this time though it seems MUCH CLOSER to the inital 64bit Requirements introduction… so i wonder why they’ve pushed this requirement so soon to it comparitively blizzard have never really made huge Tech requirement changes this quickly.