Remix Characters integrated into the Live Game

Why on earth did the characters get a factory reset like they were freshly boosted characters? All my spells have been reset, transmog and everything. Why was this necessary? It feels like its just a brand new level boosted character which i have zero emotions towards. I was so hyped about Remix and loved every second of it but now its like it never happened because the character i played is no more.

10 Likes

And what did you expect ?

the drama in 2024ā€¦

All spells reset ?? how i didnā€™t encounter any problem with any of my charā€¦

Transmo?? You got a char that he got a full new set of gear ā€¦

2 Likes

Idk dude you tell me. Every single remix characters of mine got hard reset. If you dont see the problem with these toons getting the levelboost treatment then i dont know what to tell you. You are probably the chosen one and you have never encountered anything that upset you in WoW ever.

EDIT: Or you never touched your bars and used the spells in order the game gave them to you lmao. i dont know. i have like 20 remix characters and every single one of them got factory reset xd you are truely the chosen one then.

6 Likes

Ok fair enough -stop playing .

Can you do anything ? No ā€¦ The merge have already done ā€¦

You simply waste brain cells , creating a topic where there you cannot do anything but feel the need to complain for the sake of complain ā€¦

Bar number 2 untouched.
Only the 1st one that takes literally 10-15 seconds to adjust the skillsā€¦

Reading better ā€¦ yep thatā€™s the anger issueā€¦

1 Like

Not gonna lie, with being so overpowered in remix i just jammed some abilities into the action bars, and with stuff i dont know i just put them on the side.

3 Likes

I imagine its because its not the same character and coding it so that the cloned retail version of your remix character copies all your remix settings was too much effort.

Remember your remix character has had permanent stat boosts, I imagine that if you look underwater for a unique ID that characters have to set them apart then your remix and retail variants are not the same characer on paper

Doesnā€™t give an alternative tho no

If they were different characters, then it would appear in the guild logs as the given character got removed from the guild then rejoined. I see your reasoning and as you said too much effort.

yeah I imagine thereā€™s ways to hide that underwater, but it mightā€™ve been possible they ran them through a retail converter which also reset all the other things yeah

who knows what tools they use underwater
but regardless of methods used the result is the same and too much effort being a reason is a fair guess yeah

I thought the forums were there to share opinion, praise good changes and complain about poor decisions. Sorry for using the platform at all.

you what?

3 Likes

I had a lot of remix characters so basically getting a ā€˜gear upgradeā€™ on every one has been meh. They really need to let us keep our UI setups as in where we have spells located.

11 Likes

So you create a topic about .

Transmog Removed.
Why not ? you got a suitable 467 ilvl set (Would you expect to have that 565 ilvl ??) So changing gear also remove the transmog ~

You said about action bars/skills everything . Isnā€™t that right . You had a remix character with many adjusted macros ( skills /gems etc ). and transmigrated into retail. And there are millions of players. The adjustment was properly done (I donā€™t find any issue )

Like i previous said . the changes have already been made . Any point of complaining about missing skills from a remix character to a retail ? When you can adjust the 10 skills in like 30 seconds.

With My hunter took me half of minute to adjust everything ā€¦

1 Like

Have enough echoes to upgrade my 10 toons to 480 gear so not bothered about the 467 gear but the n my opinion they should have just given 480 gear.

You are still missing the point. If complaining makes no sense because the damage is already done, then how would anyone know about oneā€™s disapproval or general discontent if complainment is disallowed by the community (mainly just you)?

And i havent said anything about the itemlevel or the quality of the gear, which in my opinion is not suitable at all but thats a whole different topic.

Its not just about the skills but the characters received a complete factory reset. You are actively defending a lazy solution. Which is perfectly fine. I respect your opinion but please dont tell me how to leave a negative feedback or in this case how not to leave one, because you are in fact not entitled to my opinion. Thanks

4 Likes

No they should not gave u a whole 480 ilvl set why are they oligated to give u that tell me?

These are the forums. You will find people giving feedback here.
If you do not wish to see feedback, might I suggest avoiding the forums?

3 Likes

I would think thatā€™s obvious.
Itā€™s the safest way to convert a LOT of characters.

If they hadnā€™t done that, weā€™d probably all be dealing with various bugs right now.

Setting up every new character is a bit meh, but itā€™s fine.
You donā€™t have to do it all right now.

1 Like

First world problems

3 Likes

A lot of Blizzard apologists here.

Iā€™m meant to be the shill folks!!!

I personally detest logging into a char where the talent points have been wiped or the keybindings fudged for ā€œreasonsā€.
I logged a char in to play with it, not to spend the first x minutes fixing what Blizz broke.

People are actually making excuses for shoddy workmanship ā€œYea, I know its a bodge job but doing it properly might have introduced bugs theyā€™d have to fix!ā€ Like, what?

8 Likes

Yeah, people saying things like ā€œThese are first world problems.ā€ arenā€™t good people.

Likeā€¦ all problems are problems, even small problems.
The kind of thinking of ā€œYour life is good otherwise, so you have no right to complain.ā€ is not a healthy way of thinking. If people have issues, they should speak up, or those issues will stand no chance of ever getting resolved.

Itā€™s still unlikely this problem will be resolvedā€¦ but posting on the forums and finding other people who agree with you, can help make them feel better. Even if it goes no where. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not saying they are obligated to, as I say I have more than enough memories to deck out my ten timerunners. That will give me 57 toons all 480 ilevel+.

In my view 480 is pretty bare minimum gear. If less is needed for TWW it means the whole levelling experience will be more meaningless than ever. anyone with half decent gear will probably not be upgrading any thing until mid 70s.

Its not a big deal and I am not complaining about it. but giving out ā€œcatch upā€ gear to timerunners 3 days before early access doesnā€™t seem to be out of order. Rather than 467 which seems a bit meh.

1 Like