Remix Characters integrated into the Live Game

Nice that they have given timerunners a full bank of 9 catalyst charges

1 Like

Thank you. Its nice to see other likeminded people around here.

I agree. By unequipping the gear with it the cloak that gave us power, they wouldve given us a basic retail live character. No need for a bootleg boosted character that you cant recognize anymore because nothing is familiar about it, except the name (hopefully).

By spending X amount of time on a character that i developed a special emotional bond with, and that same character gets reset back to zero to a random boosted state, it does hurt alot. Pretty sure not all but at least a good portion of the player base like their characters, otherwise they wouldnt play the game. After this, i dont even want to log onto that character anymore.

No. Just unequip everything and take away every item related to Remix, which iā€™m pretty sure were given unique remix IDs to make it more readable from database and thatā€™s it. But instead, they got gutted, boosted to level 70 (e.g: getting the level boost treament) and mailed you back your leftover items which were most likely read from data base, probably with an automated item restoration with conditions that excluded remix IDs.

With this post, iā€™m not trying to take a massive pile of dump on the devs because itā€™s not their fault. Iā€™m blaming the company for not providing enough resources and time for their workers (as i stated in previous posts and comments). With enough time and resource, this couldā€™ve been a really nice transition from Remix to Retail and iā€™m scared a little bit whatā€™s gonna happen to the Classic characters if (when) they decide to integrate Classic into Retail after they realize they straight up killed the progressive Classic scene as a whole, or maybe they already did. Canā€™t wait to see my Vanilla Classic characters in boosted state :sob: .

2 Likes

If you donā€™t have any constructive feedback or criticism to contribute, thereā€™s no need to reply - no one is forcing you to respond to every topic. The forums are meant for asking questions if youā€™re unsure about something, providing feedback or suggestions, and expressing concerns when things donā€™t meet your expectations.

4 Likes

They were already in Retail. There was no conversion.

They basically gave us a ā€˜gear updateā€™ like you can do on any character youā€™ve not touched in a long time, itā€™s exactly the same process. Wipes all your bars.

2 Likes

How do you know this? Are you privy to behind-the-scenes glimpses of their systems?
It may look the same, but we donā€™t know what goes on within the gameā€™s systems.

We were always in Retail, itā€™s how the mode worked. How do you think were were in Retail guilds? How do you think we had all our Retail abilities?

And yes Iā€™ve done gear updates in the past to know never to use the feature again. There is zero reason to wipe our bars but itā€™s part of their system.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not disputing that.

Iā€™m just not sure that thereā€™s ā€˜zero reasonā€™. I doubt theyā€™re doing it ā€˜just to spite usā€™.

I never said that they are doing anything to spite us.

However itā€™s the most complained about aspect of the gear update system they introduced some time ago.

2 Likes

If you boost a character to level 70, youā€™ll receive the same gear as your Remix character. Plus, Remix characters were already part of Retail, unlike Plunderstorm, which was on a different server. Additionally, there are YouTube videos showing people escaping from Remix to explore other continents, and I recently saw a video of a YouTuber participating in the pre-patch event while still in Remix.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t say you were. :kissing_heart:

Well, then doesnā€™t it make even more sense that there IS a reason for it?
Because theyā€™ve been pretty willing to listen to complaints and fix things, for a while now.

Anyway, I personally donā€™t think itā€™s a big issue, so Iā€™ll leave it at this.
If thereā€™s people passionate enough to make a whole thing out of it; then thatā€™s fine with me and Iā€™ll back off. I have no horse in this race.

The gear update was introduced to refresh old characters but I think itā€™s wrong to wipe their bars. So I disagree with Blizzardā€™s approach for this.

It was particularly disappointing on characters I donā€™t normally play. Which really put me off playing them in the short term. I didnā€™t expect them to have their bars wiped or Iā€™d have screenshotted my set up on them.

Paladins I can set up in my sleep so even though I had a stupid number of those to do it is less of a problem.

I still think they shouldnā€™t wipe your bars.

2 Likes

I donā€™t remember them saying anywhere there would be UI reset .
They said the bank and all items / inventory would be purged , but I did not expect to have all my spells reset .
If I knew this would happen , I would have made a screenshot at least , so it was faster to restore ā€¦

3 Likes

This is constructive is it, Elsiriana?

Still amazed what people can complain about.

ā€œBoo-hoo, my action bars got resetedā€ ā€¦ itā€™s not like to build a new car from the scratch to set them back up.

No its not constructive feedback

1 Like

It was very annoying to have my bars reset.

Whatā€™s also annoying NOW is that my action bars keep getting reset when i log into certain former remix characters.

4 Likes

I donā€™t get why there are so many people coming here to complain that this thread exists. Likeā€¦ seriously guys, if the issue doesnā€™t matter to youā€¦ you donā€™t have to come here and get upsetti spaghetti. XD

3 Likes

I have heard possibly setting up a new talent profile helps with that. Might be worth a try.

And people stop engaging with the negative nancies, just donā€™t reply to them, it does not help the conversation. It just derails.

3 Likes

To be honest, I had a problem with my talents - they werent reset, but were changed. I didnt use Cleave on my warrior andafter the transfer to retail world I was specced into Cleave for some reason. All my talent points were spent, but some in places I didnt allocate them.

2 Likes

Every time you transfer a character, you old one gets copied and then deleted. When Bluzzard are getting new hardware your characterā€™s data gets copied and deleted. When they introduce realm merging your old character gets copied and deleted then pasted on the biggest realm, but with the tag of your old realm.

My vanilla main a NE male druid from 2006 was deleted in early TBC, restored, name changed, transfered and appearence changed (including name) to female NE, transfered again, name changed, moved to another WoW account under same Battle.net account, forgotten for almost a decade, transfered to new realm and name changed, leveled to lvl 70 and is ready to enter new xpack.

My paladin started as Draenai female in TBC, was transfered and faction changed to BE, then transfered and race changed Draenai female, only to be race changed to human male during MoP challenge modes, then faction changed to BE male in WoD and used as an alt during Legion.

Finally my DK started as BE male in January 2009, was transfered and faction changed into Worgen female, then race changed into Draenai female, after that into NE female becoming gathering alt for a while, then race changed to a Draenai female, completed MoP challenge mode gold for transmog, completed WoD CMs, and transfered to biggest Alliance realm in 2018.

Never ever was I or anyone I knew upset about characters being coloned during gear refresh, but here you are. The most funny part was about the mogs as you could save em in profiles (donā€™t know if evergreen feature or one of my addons).