Removal of Heirloom XP

the only things I can think of to go on heirlooms are;
rep bonus(useless during the time you actually use heirlooms),
power bonus(as evidenced before this will be avoided),
gold boost(still quite inconsequential during the time you would use heirlooms),
exp bonus(what we want)

Good thing I wasted tons of gold on upgrading all heirlooms lmao.

Can I have all my timewarped badges back then?

And the gold I spent prior to TWing.

1 Like

This makes me really angry. XP bonus is the whole reason i spent so much gold and effort to heirlooms over the years. If they don’t replace it with separate xp buff “heirloom aura” or something we can turn on and off when we want, there is nothing else they can put there instead that will replace it.

So with borrowed powers we have apparently we now have also our old rewards made borrowed. What is being taken away next? :rage:

6 Likes

Any info on characters that are leveling?
What lvl will characters that are 50-119 (or lower) be in SL prepatch?

Reconsidering lvling a couple with the 100% buff and heirlooms but depends on if you need to lvl all the way to 120 for having them be 50 in SL.

In that case i’ll just focus on one character at the time.

// Bizz

They’ll be scaled down accordingly. The exact formula ist still unknown though.

So feel free to lvl the characters as you see fit. If you don’t get a character to 120 it won’t be level 50 in shadowlands. But it won’t be level 1 either. You’ll not lose progress.

Aight, thanks for answer :slight_smile:

Guess we’ll know when beta launches with character copy.

This reminded me about good ol chauffeur thread.

So people claim heirlooms have nothing to them besides the exp boost? Even though they give you gear that scales with you and you can just mog once (and without having to pay for repairs). Even though 1-60 in SL will be like twice as fast as 1-120 if not more.

I want them to add heirlooms to all slots, just turn the classic dungeon sets into heirlooms at this point.

4 Likes

aye.
for me, the xp bonus is a bonus, its the utility of the heirlooms i like.

the fact i can get by while leveling in them, so i dont have to change out my gear every few levels.
the fact that if i get a nice quest reward i can mog the looms to the new items look.
the fact that it stops me from hoarding the gear because i like the look or i like the item. (so long as it is my equipment type i can flog it. i only save robes on non clothies thankfully now lol)

my banks would heave a huge sigh of reliefe if there were pants/gloves/boots i could buy (even modern ones that are not current pants, and do NOT look like them ether, so those pants are still of some value at least) to make my leveling set complete.

i would love a full set of heirlooms, and would still buy them in game with gold.

2 Likes

Damn it… Give me all golds, if they remove experience bonus

2 Likes

This might help give you an idea Bizzit :slight_smile:

I bought them for the xp boost.

Stop bloody changing items after we worked for them.

6 Likes

A boost to movement speed would be nice! Or mount speed.

2 Likes

The reason they’re removing it is the overall increased leveling speed. Even without the loom xp buff in Shadowlands you can probably level up faster than you can in BFA.

For me that reason doesn’t cut it. What if they removed auctioneer from longboi because “we have added more auctioneers around so it’s really no use anymore” ? Even if they would add another npc there to do something else, people would be equally mad, cause many bought the item for that very reason.

6 Likes

Well, they already slashed down leveling time significantly, leveling from 1 to 50 will take shorter time than going 1-120 currently even with +100% buff and heirlooms.

So you essentially get heirloom effect baked into new leveling system.

Looms are still desirable as you can enchant them and not swap them for the entire leveling process up to 50.

Idk what the replacement would be though? Nothing really makes sense. Rep? You do that on your main. Gold? Whatever, you farm it in old raids or sth. Irrelevant.

If the leveling is going to stay as short as it is on alpha then im fine with no exp on looms. The sole purpose of looms was to shorten the incredibly long and dull process a little. It sucked even it wrath when they were first introduced. It has a chance to not suck so badly this time.

they wont refund heres why.

U’ve Paid the gold to reach level 120 in BFA they’ve techniqually given u what u paid for (im not defending the decision im just saying the response u will get with this demand) the Heirlooms effectively did exactly what u paid them to do. its just simply a cut system.

Imho, they just better make what they give u Decent enough to not anger the playerbase… but at the same time… if they intend to increase exp gain by 90% Comparitively to BFA with Looms… your not gonna really miss the Exp boost

Leveling experience is already trivial in terms of challenge and in Shadowlands it will be trivial in terms of time as well (cutting it roughly by 50%). Removing heirloom XP makes sense but yet again Blizzard is fixing the wrong thing. They keep adjusting time it takes to level up and keep overlooking the core issue: leveling feels completely empty and meaningless. 60 or 120 levels, 10 or 20 hours, none of that matters when content of those levels and hours is bland and boring and it’s just chore on the way to max level where you get some actual content.

1 Like

agreed - they should imidiately refund people all the gold they spent on looms if they are removing XP bonus.

3 Likes