Removal of Heirloom XP

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316815/shadowlands-interview-with-morgan-day-and-mrgm
  • They removed the experience bonus from heirlooms.

They’re looking to replace it with something that is not just extra experience that will be equally as beneficial and unique.

Refunds it now please

14 Likes

where’s the money lebowski

17 Likes

Dont be daft - you had the benefit of them all this time.

6 Likes

well thank god I spent plenty of gold to upgrade all my heirlooms /s

14 Likes

Give me power to one shot mobs and take away 50% exp and i will be happy =’]

Wanna bet it will have the same animation like Shaman or Jaina elemental? Those cool looking mounts are quicky stopping being unique because they all have the same boring animations. Shadowlands pre-order worm has the same animation as serpents from pandaria, they didn’t even implement new animations for this “unique” mount.

Forget herilooms, have you seen that elemental mount? So sweet, hope they keep him for +15 or thorgast, or something…

2 Likes

so long as they stay in game, still level up with me, and maybe, i can get new pants/boots/gloves to finish the set
(yes, i know there are pants but they are pvp arent they? different looking ones to the pvp ones would do me)

the XP is just a bonus for me, i prefer to use them for my class fantasy uniform.

3 Likes

Well, idk about animations, but judging from that 4 screen shots (which arent even from game) he looks cool, skin wise, idk much about animations as its not even in game, hope its something better, but still he looks dope

This^ I need a full set so i can mog my characters and forget about it. Not to mention it also saves gold.

6 Likes

oh i dont save gold lol.
every time i make a bit, i find something new to transmog my gear into. so the gold i make selling my quest gear, goes back into the transmog shop.

heirlooms could be about a class fantasy uniform, instead of level boost then.
(well the clothing side. the trinkets and rings and neck are just a simple boost. the heal on the neck has saved me a couple of times. never underestimate the devestation of cat+lap+loud noise = aaaaaah! im dead lol

1 Like

Refund my heirlooms. I don’t care what you replace it with, I want experience or my gold back.

12 Likes

maybe they could add a special heirloom refund vendor into the game?
a goblin would be good…

‘what’ll it be, stranger? ooh, i’ll buy that at a high price…’

1 Like

a little bit sick of them constantly gutting the heirlooms all the time,

what the hell did I buy them for if not the exp boost?

10 Likes

It makes some sense to not give xp boost to heirlooms after they introduce the new leveling experience, after all it’s going to be much faster to level. In that sense the xp boost of heirlooms it’s going to be much less valuable than it is now, and if they do replace it with something better, we might end up better off than if we had kept the xp. I just wonder what that replacement can be, more gold from quests and mobs? :thinking:

1 Like

they wont give more gold, that would remove/decrease the need to buy the wow tokens.

if we are lucky, they might boost reputation gains when questing/handing in ect.
thats not too bad i think. would make leveling in the various other expansions easier. even if it was just 5% per item of clothing (20% if you dont have pants, 25% if you do) it would be worth doing.

wepons could have a small damage boost, and trinkets and so on have their own good useage (see cat lap deaths above)

Wait WHAT?!

1 Like

For me the only point of the heirlooms is the experience bonus, so this is not a welcome change. It’s not exactly hard to level up in WoW, but still… bleh…

At least I got them for free through the heroic dungeons quest.

7 Likes

I don’t think that there will be anything as beneficial and unique as the experience bonus that they currently provide. Unless you can add rank 3 Twilight Devastation to all the current heirloom pieces and randomly explode your way from 1 to 60.

1 Like

World of Warcraft: Heirlooms refund.

3 Likes

That’s so vague. I honestly couldn’t think of any beneficial and unique bonus other than the exp that would make sense. Since they just nerfed the heirlooms a while back, I doubt the beneficial and unique bonus will be player power.

3 Likes