Removal of /spit emote on the PTR

I can’t remember the last time I used /spit. T-bagging is the better PvP alternative and if someone does /spit on me they get a /pat or /hug.
But removing emotes is just pointless virtue signaling.
People will find other ways to, hrmm, express themselves and others will still get their feelings hurt.
It accomplishes nothing… besides them doing something to prove that they’re doing something I guess…

1 Like

Remove spit and players will use fart. Remove fart and people will use waggle and so on.

Remove targeted emotes and people will still use them untargeted.

How about you start doing stuff that actually matters to the game? Jesus christ. Completely tone deaf.

4 Likes

It is most likely a bug. Just report it as so.

Woke activist devs

4 Likes

You can kill ppl in this game, but don’t you DARE to spit on anyone :joy::joy::joy::rofl::sweat_smile::ok_hand:

10\10 blizzard, 10/10

5 Likes

Haha, yeah or I was thinking maybe just do:
/point
/lol

1 Like

When I heard about the toxicity towards people with the mount (Which I got, because I wanted the retail version that came with it, dont even really play TBC) I thought it was pathetic. So I made it a point to ride around on it.

It was just so satisfying when someone used spit on me, because I knew I got under their skin :joy:

Guess I’ll use a different mount now when I’m bored and log in to TBC for a few hours.

1 Like

It’s usually just a weak aura :man_shrugging:
so it’s automatic xD.

They will still get the emote in their chat even if it’s triggered by a weak aura. Unless of course they disabled all emotes in the chat window. In which case I don’t really care anyway.

I just play TBC solo for an hour or so once in a while, have no desire to do PvP or raid, did all that the first time around already. Basically just playing for a bit of nostalgia.

1 Like

Why not /golfclap or is that one not in TBC yet? :smiley:

Yeah, but that takes actual effort. Disabling an emote is like a few minutes tops.

/golfclap was there in vanilla. No idea if they added it in a patch, but people used it on me when I killed them when I was 60.

/e spits on you. Easy alternative. Works wonders for me.

Both alternatives beats the hell out of today’s WoW, even Classic because the state of the game is absolutely tragic. In shambles.

How about instead of making changes to the game trying to “teach” players to be nice to eachother they work on their terrible harrasment policies within their corporation.

smh

I actually agree with this change. I always felt the /spit emote was totally out of place and did not belong into WoW at all. I felt so 16 years ago and i still feel that way today. I have NO IDEA how a /spit emote originally managed to get into a game where ALL of the other “insulting” emotes are extremely lighthearted and funny.

Of course, the OP is correct that it became iconic for WoW simply because it was so strange to even exist in this game that a lot of people started spamming it. It’s like offering people mounts…100 of them are horses and one is a huge hand that gives everybody around it the middle-finger. Of course a lot of people would use it and say it’s iconic…that’s not a good reason to have it in the first place, though.

So, a very reluctant thumbs up for Activison from me for this change.

1 Like

sure dood lets remove all emotes /fart /tbag /kiss /flirt /canabilize…
btw people will replace WA with (/e spits on t%)
still spat on
/10chars

Difference is, that can’t be used in PvP (which is where spitting is used almost exclusively), the other faction will only see “(character) makes strange gestures”.

Even though people spamming /spit in PvP are annoying, it’s part of a world… I can bet next time they’ll remove /kiss and /hug because of “sexual harrassment”.

You didn’t get under anyone’s skin. But blizz got in your wallet :sweat_smile::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Really only doing this to protect the retail kids who used daddys credit card to buy deluxe edition and ride around in their store mount getting /spit on by everyone.

2 Likes

Welcome to the World of Wokecraft.

Activision-Billzard explicitly signed up for pushing a fragile, woke SJW agenda with a Marxist base - just like every other major company or chain.
Even when looking at sports (soccer/football, basketball etc.) or culture related stuff/shows for instance, they all seem to have sold their souls to the trend of sticking to irrational woke BS.

And guess what? All these soulless companies are having their worst ratings ever.
The most concerning thing about this is, them not feeling discouraged from indoctrinating the society by this Marxist diarrhea, despite their poor service they provide and economic misery they create for themselves…

3 Likes