Removal of /spit emote on the PTR

this is literally a spit in the face of people with a little bit higher than average IQ. Prepare for more BS changes like this to improve Blizzard’s image.

Yep, that’s what tipped the scale for me.

WHAT ABOUT /COUGH or /SLAP THOSE ARE CRIMINAL OFFENSES
WE SURELY DONT WANT THOSE IN GAME WHERE U KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES !!!

2 Likes

State of California: Blizzard stop harassing your workers
Blizzard ignore : ok they must have been talking to our costumers proceeds to remove /spit emote
p2w snowflakes: yes no more WA
classic players proceeds to change WA /spit to /fart
end of story

1 Like

customer: a person who buys goods or services from a shop or business.
costumer: a person or company that makes or supplies theatrical or fancy-dress costumes.

To be honest, when I get ganked and /spit on, it does hurt a bit extra. Or when someone verbally attacks me, or my wife, or my friend, and /spits on us. The situation is already frustrating, and the gesture makes it noticeably more offensive. Like, imagine if you’re verbally attacked in real life, that’s uncomfortable. And now imagine the attacker also spits on the ground, and for example says he wishes he’d spat on you? Noticeably more uncomfortable isn’t it? /spit was never the end of the world, but it has only ever brought negative feelings to me.

I like the change.

1 Like

Bruh the mental gymnastic to defend this is insane . U PLAYING GAME WHERE U KILL EVERYTHING !!! and u worry about /spit ITS DAMN FANTASY GAME…

3 Likes

Why does dying in a video-game actually hurt you? Are you wearing the next generation of virtual-reality technology while you play WoW?

EDIT: Forgot to reply to you.

3 Likes

Why are you so sensitive? Just be man with balls!! Geez

3 Likes

We live in a very weak society in the west, these people are really vulnerable and unable to cope with basic life, I blame their teachers and social media more than their parents. I also feel really sorry for them, I mean imagine being so triggered over a game emote that you complain to the game devs? I just can’t even compute that, these people would not have survived 1 day in the 80’s.

As for Blizzard removing it, well they like most companies are spinless cowards terrified of the hate mobs on Twitter and FB.

7 Likes

pro top:

instead of “/spit” use “/e spits on t%.”

so may the storemount spitting continue

:brain:

6 Likes

Imagine getting triggered over spit emote in a game lmao.
Go unplug your internet cause this is not the place for you trigglypuffs.

10 Likes

I think Blizzard just doen’t like their game anymore.
But instead of just stopping their servers, they are trying to see what they can get away with before people quit.

This is just plain stupid, and I truly hope that it is just a coding mistake… Although I actually think, it’s just Blizzard trying to be #woke and #PC, as they are clearly the most toxic company out there at the moment.

3 Likes

That’s it. I’m out.

This is another huge dumb thing in a series of catastrophically stupid things that’s entirely pro-paypig and ruins the game for the rest of us.

I’ll see you guys on FFXIV.

11 Likes

This is a game about war where we murder each other and now we spitting is too offensive? The company full of sexual predators have decided that a harmless gesture in a video game is now too offensive.

How did they put 2 and 2 together and come up with this? Completely out of touch with reality, the person whose idea this was is really too far deep in the trenches, someone who studied microaggressions in university and sees and lives the world through that lens.

1 Like

"go to Retail "

“Reroll Ally”

“Crying Zug Zug”

Quotes by Toxic playerbase ~

Then go play a kids game.

Also you are aware the “ignore” button exists right?

We dont want your pampered, mollycoddled version of wow because you and a small minority like you are fragile. Role PVE. Simple,

3 Likes

/bonk or /insult maybe?

What are you doing to make people verbally attack you followed by /spit on you to be anything resembling an issue? In my well over a year /played over the past 16 years of playing wow on and off I don’t think I have had that happen even a grand total of five times. Those kind of people are what the ignore list is for.

How do you feel about quests encouraging you to kill your character? Or the NE dance which is a Michael Jackson tribute? Or the sexually suggestive dances? The only dance of Asian origin in the game being used by the alien race? The light haired female night elf NPC who’s name is an anagram for Leggy Blonde?

There are plenty of things to change if Blizzard wants to change things that could make people feel uncomfortable. If the /spit change is implemented it won’t be for that reason though, it will be out of fear that it stops people from getting the store mount. Nothing else.

1 Like

FFXIV worst choice ever! New World is better if you want to stop playing wow

Next thing: “That dude killed me in game on a pvp server so now I think he might hurt me IRL because he laughed at my corpse. This really affected my mental state pls ban him”

1 Like