Remove Battleground auto-group feature

Dungeons require 5 people. The smallest battleground requires 10 to sign up and 20 to play. The largest requires 40 to sign up and 80 to play.

Dungeons are static – the challenge is the same every time you enter. Players are not static. Every Battleground is different.

You can’t win-trade with NPCs. You can win-trade with players (and if given the opportunity players will do so).

So yeah, the group forming process would totally be the same.

Nothing hypocritical about it. It’s apples and oranges. I think instanced battlegrounds do require some form of automation because of the sheer size of the instances and the fact that players will win-trade if they can. The cross-server aspect isn’t necessary though, and if you remove that you will see a much stronger pvp communities on the servers.

[Edit] Actually for something like Alterac Valley the cross-server aspect may very well be necessary.

1 Like

Oh yes, thank you! Almost forgot about that one.

Obviously city battlemasters need to go! Players are supposed to be out traversing the world to make it more immersive and alive.
Very important!

Size doesn’t matter! Ever heared that expression? But really, so what? According to you people it’s not an issue if it takes time. In fact, many of you argue that things SHOULD take time in classic, take some effort to accomplish.

That’s another issue you need to get Blizzard to work against then. Should have zero impact on how you form the groups.

3 Likes

Yes. From a green toadlike creature in an old space opera.

You’re obviously upset about the RDF business. I’m sorry Blizzard is urinating in your cornflakes. Happens to all of us. But you cannot make 1:1 comparisons between Dungeons and Battlegrounds.

Yes you can.

Are they instanced content separate from the open world?
Are they for groups to work together to complete?

So yes, dungeons and battlegrounds are the same, the only difference would be 1 is against scripted enemies, the other against human played enemies.

If they continue to insist on removing RDF because of the social experience then it should be the same for all instanced content.

2 Likes

By that logic the Dungeon Finder and the Raid Finder are the same as well. Why is it, by the way, that the Raid Finder introduced its own difficulty? Why didn’t they make it so that you could use Raid Finder for Heroic Raids?

Is this really where the discussion has gotten to? I interpreted the OP as being either facetious or bitter or both. But you’re seriously going up to fight on this hill?

I love to see hard casuals defending their wow erp sessions in the depths of dungeon. Yes tell us more how good is the social interaction in wow and how better than waiting 3 hours of AV que. I am sure most of the players change that 3 hours que with seeing random rogue that you done SFK with after 15 lvls.

1 Like

Indeed you can!

Couldn’t agree more.
Don’t forget the Classic Design Pillars all of you anti-RDF people. Either face the truth or be a hypocrite.
You brought this upon yourself!

This is, according to the anti RDF crowd, the way classic is supposed to be. We gotta put in some effort to get the stuff done we want to get done.
They all should really cheer for this change.

on retail raid finder, normal and heroic are the same difficulty mechanics wise just a diff in gear requirements and that playing with raid finder players is like having a full team of lobotomites. extra difficulties were added so that everyone coudl experience all content when it is new, because that is something everyone has to have access to for some reason, even if they barely put any effort into the game

Rofl snowflake uh? :rofl: You’re not paying much attention to what people post do you?

I am VERY WELL aware of what kind of company Blizzard has derailed intoover the last years thank you, as I have stated repeatedly in various threads in this forum.

BUT, if they are going to follow their official Classic Design Pillars, which by the way all the anti-RDF people seems to believe in almost religously, then they need to implement this for BG’s as well.

Snowflake… :rofl:

Remove mounts and travel on foot, real vanilla way.

Everyone who rises Classic Design Pillar as argument for anti-RDF is either troll, idiot or hypocrite :slight_smile:

I guess 60$ boost is not against classic design pillar
I guess boting is not against classic design pillars
I guess gold buying is not against classic design pillars
I guess automatic group finder for dungeons is not against classic design pillars
etc. etc.

Clownworld.

Please explain to me how I am being a hypocrite. You really need to take a breath and calm down before throwing insults everywhere.

I think You got it wrong, Jazem is pro-RDF preacher :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t think so.

Edit: Ow I did an upside and did a friendly shot yeah my bad.

I am sorry that misread your post and call you bad stuff. Apologises.

Heck yeah! :smile:

Accepted. But like I said, it’s always good to actually read through threads before replying, and insults… well, can for the most part be left out, right? :wink:

I thought I did but whenever someone says about design pillars getting enrage. I was cool with people and actually tried to learn why they are so anti rdf but more know about them it’s like 60 years old grandpa keep saying 2+2 is 5 and attacking people with his stick if they say it’s 4. Anyways sorry again gonna be more careful next time.

What you’re citing here … this is where the error with RDF being added in 3.3.5 comes from!

Lol yea. I’m simply using their best argument against them :grin:

You are being delusional. The only reason why you want to join battleground as group is to fight weaker groups or randoms. Equally powered group vs. group is not very fun experience to most players. Your post comes from solo join perspective and that is pure hell experience at the moment because you are mainly getting farmed in there by people who joined as a group.

What Blizzard needs to do is to finally separate solo games from group games. Yes, it will increase the queue times but nobody really cares about that. Solo queue is by far the best experience in terms of having fun in the game. People who play this game as a JOB can do so in their group vs. group games.

nah dude. trust me the game would be better if rbg was the default mode. classic ranking would have been far more enjoyable if it was based on rating. Fighting an equal opponent is much more satisfying than stomping people, especially long term. I got rank 14 in classic through premades. Never lost a bg as a full premade. So i’m not coming from a solo q perspective. Even then the biggest problem is a lack of MMR and people with a defeatist attitude. Most premades are utter trash.

Solo games in an MMO has to be the dumbest suggestion I’ve ever heard. Playing with friends and making friends is the most fun you can have, objectively speaking.