Remove Battleground auto-group feature

The idea of being put into a group with random people to do instanced content; raids, battlegrounds or dungeons are against the spirit of classic. Not adding LFG is the obviousy choice for wotlk, as is not adding LFR in Cata.

However for nearly 3 years now we’ve been able to effectively engage in the degenerate, anti-classic spirit behaviour of NOT playing bgs in premades. This lead to a weaker server community and a worse battleground experience. It’s obvious that this feature has no place in this game and should be removed.

15 Likes

100% agree, hell even go further and make it so that you must also coordinate with an alliance group using smoke signals to make the bg start

I mean, if you don’t want to waste hours upon hours forming groups to do content is it even classic? all for it

13 Likes

It was added from Vanilla and even in cross-faction, and that’s now you realize ?
Well, just because PvE players are suffering of this sh… spirit because no RDF anymore, i’m totally for it to remove for PvP players then :slight_smile:

But it ruins realm identity and social interactions.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

1 Like

I know you think you are being clever here but we already had this discussing back before Classic was released. A lot of discussing back and forth about cross realm BGs and premades.

2 Likes

no way dude

It does. Or it certainly doesn’t add to it, at the very least.

But I’m not sure if it would be feasible to remove the automated process seeing as Battlegrounds are so large. And due to the nature of pvp if the players are given too much control over the formation of Battlegrounds we’d likely just see win-trading. Arathi Basin is the daily quest so Alliance team 1 signs up with Horde team 1 and they play two games where everyone gets to do the daily. So the automated process is a necessity for BGs.

Does it have to be cross-server? For something like Alterac Valley I’d argue yes. For something smaller like Warsong Gulch? Probably not.

1 Like

This.

This is one of the reason why they can’t remove auto-group from PvP.

What the heck is , classic spirit , ? :smiley: It is something like design pillars the devs were talking about ?
From what I ve seen, classic spirit / pillars are about abusing whatever you can, abusing whoever you can, exploiting ( sorry, I meant clever using of in-game mechanics ), bots bots and bots, mono faction server with many layers, RMT and sweet, sweet toxicity.

Could you imagine how this would end-up ? :smiley:

Nowadays nobody wants to play the game. Everybody wants to win the game.

Kudos to all normal players out there ! :slight_smile:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23793177/return-to-the-icy-realm-of-northrend-in-world-of-warcraft-wrath-of-the-lich-king-classic™

No Dungeon Finder – Players rediscovering Wrath of the Lich King Classic won’t find the Looking for Dungeon feature originally added in Patch 3.3.5. We’ve heard from our Classic community that the importance of social bonds is a big part of what makes Classic their game of choice, and we agree.

They heard only what they want when they want.

8 Likes

I hope you are trolling , otherwise you must be the most -TOS word here- classic player .

It certainly is NOT a necessity for BG’s. It completely ruins the social aspect of classic and has nothing to do in the game.

People need to spam chat to find groups or make their own groups. Just like in any other aspect of the game. We can NOT have an automated grouping tool in the game!
Players that like PvP will just have to deal with it, grouping and wintrading and what not. For the sake of the Classic Design Pillars, more important than anything!

3 Likes

Sarcastic as you are, it isnt far from the truth. Im ready to bet that if BGs were premade only, the AFKers, quitters, toxic slurs and blame games in the chat all would go down quite alot.

Obviously, so would the number of BGs, but the quality would be higher.

Y but casual pvpers would probably have to find different game to play.

Obviously I am sarcastic, but only partially. I am at the same time very serious about it.
If Blizzard and the “hardcore classic social anti RDF players” are truely serious about their Classic Design Pillars and not just a bunch of hypocrites, then there can not be an automated BG tool in the game.

1 Like

Without doubt, the gate-keeping would be real!

Both in this fictional case and with LFD I think one would have to ask if the player “forced” to use a system would rather skip that content than use the system.

Like said, the number of BGs would be lower since I dont think the reward would be worth the investment. After more than a month on the Beta, Im almost ready to say that this unfortunatly would be the case with sub-80 dungeons awell (without the LFD).

Mind you, Im not against the removal of LFD (as you know), but I fear that whatever reward in terms of items/quests one gets from a low level dungeon simply isnt worth the investment.

Ive done most 70-79 dungeons, the forming of the group takes 20-90 min, but the run itself often less than 10 min.

Sure one could argue that once a group is formed the 5 in it can bond and play again, or do more dungeons, but again I fear that it will come to a point where people leveling wont even bother looking.

A forum poster mentioned LFD sub-80, and Im starting to see a point. At 80 the investment is atleast worth it, and the pool of players much much bigger.

You’re about as witty as a stump. Do me a favour and list the similarities between instanced dungeons and instanced battlegrounds. Then list the ways they differ.

1 Like

Can’t be bothered really. But the groupforming process should work in the same way, by the players themselves communicating with each other, to preserve the social aspect of the game.

And no, that is NOT a joke.

This is what you want PvE players to do, all in the name of the social aspect. So unless you’re simply just a bunch of hypocrites the way to form groups should work the same for PvP as well. All in the name of the social aspect.

3 Likes

Don’t forget that true equality means no battle master in major city, but having to travel to Arathi/ashenvale/Alterac etc battleground portal Yourself :slight_smile:

3 Likes