Remove pet event please

I give up, there’s no point, some people are just intellectually inferior and thinks people should ask for less instead of more.

Furry - Check
Argent-Dawn - Check

Says all we need to know about you and your motives.

Lmao.

Are you unhappy that I have a different opinion then yours?

There is a fair good number of PvP events. You just need to go to the right place to pick them up.

Whhy should I ask for more then you’re allready getting alot in a month. I valuie my time ya know? WoW isnt the only game I play.

Also… Rather cringe?

This applies to yourself then too?

Some assorted thoughts.

I think that all the special weeks should go. I thought they were cheap, inappropriate, jarring, and tacky when the devs introduced them out of desperation in Warlords, and I haven’t changed my opinion.

The devs aren’t rewarding pet collectors. They are spacing out the weeks as part of the expected gearing curve.

A significant number of people collect and battle pets. Anywhere between 12% and 25%, depending where you put the cut-off for engagement. That compares favourably with the number that raid above LFR.

The pet week quest, and its reward, are separately and together pretty appalling.

The main benefit of Pet Week, for pet battlers, is not the PvP quest, but the PvE Super Pet XP.

The reward for 5 PvP wins is a Purple stone. You can earn a Purple stone most days by doing two quick world quests that give Charms, and buying the Purple stone with the Charms. It is a complete joke as the reward for a weekly quest.

Compare that with actually getting 5 PvP wins. By definition, the win rate in PvP is 50%, so on average that would mean 10 battles. Assume 5 minutes per, including queue time if you are lucky and the queue is really hopping, and you might say you should get it in an hour. At least, people who never tried it might think it would take just an hour.

Imagine a quest for 5 duel wins, and someone who has rarely or never duelled, and probably with weak gear, going into the queue against the regulars. Yeah, it’s like that. If you haven’t at least done a lot of homework, you’re probably going to lose those ten battles with nothing to show for it. I might get it in an hour, if the queue co-operated - whish it probably wouldn’t. But I’m not going to bother; the reward is trash to me. But an optimistic beginning battler is just going to lose the will to live.

There’s a whole thing about why pet PvP is bad. Here’s a thread about it, for anyone who wants to get a start on understanding why: Crank it up for the battle pets?

2 Likes

Wish timewalking would be a permanent thing, why does it have to be an “event”?
There are 7 Expansions that are timewalkable, without shadowlands, so there is also a lot of variety and it wont get boring, if thats the issue.

1 Like

Fun fact just logged in to pick up the weekly knowledge stuff and so forth.
Checked out the weightlifting dragon. he now offers 1 quest for the pet stuff and 1 quest for 10 arena skirmishes wins ( 150 conquest 2k honor reward ) guess the gave a small consent afterall

1 Like

Yes. I think pvp and pve should be separate. Just weekly separate events.

And battle pets is a cringe, for me.

Basically, this week I will not do event quests which is fine. I will not cry over this. But still.

Not everyone engages in Mythic dungeons either, so it should be removed by your logic.

Pvp is just as important part of the game as M+ or raiding.

1 Like

Good luck finding combinations that offer something for everyone. Looking at your examples
Week 1 - Offers nothing to people who don’t care for dungeons or pet battles
Week 2 - Offers nothing to people who don’t like mythics or PvP
Week 3 - Offers nothing to people who don’t like WQs or pet battles
Week 4 - Offers nothing to people who don’t raid or do PvP

Also we’d now have people complaining about having to complete two events each week instead of just one and if they had to choose between the two they’d complain about wanting to do both instead of just one.

The best solution is for people who don’t like an event to just ignore it. I mean the pet battle one doesn’t even give gear so there should be no pressure to do it unlike all the other events.

Well i don’t particularly like PvP or pet battles but this week is trying something different! Encouraging me to at least give it a try, I think it’s a great choice to put in quests like this.

I will say that the reward is pretty lackluster. Maybe it could be more of the stones, or a couple of different stones.

I’d rather they remove pvp event tbh

it can ran in parralel to another timewalk week

its a waste of a weekly quest, it should be an additional one as a very very small minority even do pet battle’s. Or fep it just give 1 pvp 1 dungen 1 pet battle weekly every week. Everyones happy.

Typical killjoy Death Knight.

Pet battles are for Men and Women of culture

I just wish it was more than just PvP Pet Battling. Like let me do something in regular battling because I’m not interested in facing the meta pets/strats and facing that one or two persons actually doing it who just faceroll over and over.

There’s people doing dungeons, but I believe there’s sufficient people who enjoy this stuff as well. It’s not for me, but just because it isn’t for me, that doesn’t mean I don’t want the content for people who do ;).

1 Like

Get rid of M+ and dungeons event. No one wants those.

See what I did there?