Remove raider.io please šŸ™

As the title says. Make it impossible for the site to process someoneā€™s m+ results, sue the addon-creators, I donā€™t know. Just do whatever it takes to have the ā€œR.IO CHECKING!!!ā€ in every other groupā€™s title gone.

10 Likes

well lets sey raider.oi gone then wat going take it place going back gearscore addon or insane i lvl or ach link ?

Raider io makes pugging M+ feasible. If it wasnā€™t RIO, people would ask for something else, like the Keystone Conqueror achievement, the Curve or the Edge, etc. Or people would look at the armory page, where similar information is found.

I like RIO, because it summarizes a characterā€™s experience in a handy number, and the details are easily available as well. It isnā€™t flawless, but itā€™s the best thing we have.

16 Likes

So they would ask everything what RIO can offer? Keystone Conqueror equals 1500 rio or so which is quite high results, it just makes result which player achieved more clear
You can do it for example on really easy week with much more skilled people than you, dying 20 times and it will not be possible to check such situations by achievement
Thatā€™s why Warcraftlogs and RIO are necessary while forming a group-they literally let you to know if person fits level of skill you want or not
Does it create some prejudice to several classes and specs? Yes
Does it become the main way to know skill of a person? Clearly yes
So why not put all the armory checking, asking for curve and other sometimes quite annoying and long things to check a person into one convinient site?

2 Likes

Great non solution.

Repeating a dumb idea doesnā€™t make it a good one.

3 Likes

I have many questions for people who want Rio banned, but Iā€™ll start with this:

Is there a better metric for quickly judging a large number of signups? Whenever I advertise a key I am overwhelmed by dpsā€™ers and I have to decline all but 3, so how should I be deciding which 3 to take?

I have many questions for people who want Rio banned, but Iā€™ll start with this:

Is there a better metric for quickly judging a large number of signups? Whenever I advertise a key I am overwhelmed by dpsā€™ers and I have to decline all but 3, so how should I be deciding which 3 to take?

hmm good qestion still i tink raid.oi sould do somting so thet u cen filter out boost players help lot

2 Likes

But they doā€¦ Go to the website, check their key runs and oh my god is that every other player that was in the run listed? Wow what a time to be alive! You can even see the others score! :open_mouth: Imagine someone being 1k score and the other people in the run being 2k+

5 Likes

I see positive and also negative things about the rio. Firstā€¦ it is good to see what experience people has done before. Tell me the truthā€¦ if you had a Fh 10 key, would you have invited a player with no runs in that duengon before, or would you have invited the player which had done Fh + many times in different levels? The question is basicly do you want to play safe, with good chances to upgrade your key, or doesnt the time matter for youā€¦

Yā€¦ ofc people with more experience, or high score can fail too. But there is more often that players with no or little experience will fail or do a lot of mistake inside a keystone. They dont interupt, they stay or not move from stuff, they dont know mechanics. And you cant jump from +2 right into +10 Even if you are geared for it. To realy be aware of the mechanics you have to run the duengon serveal times, and practise.

Rio shows two things. The score and what duengons you have done, if they were in time or not. The negative thing about rio is that many players are using it wrong. It should be used to show the experience in that key you want to finish or push. You can have 1000 in score, but if you have only run 1 run in each duengon to complete that, I will say that you are not experienced. But if i have a wm 10 key, and you have done a lot of keys in that duengon before in time, i will say you are more experied with a lower io score then the first one, even if the first player has more score. And thats the reason people are using rio wrong very many times.

However it is quite easy to get to 1000 in io score anyway, even if you play only with pugs. I know i am there yet myself, but i am slowly working myself there. But here is the tips for it.

1. Play a clas that every grp wants to pick for keys. Healer, tank, dh, rouge, mage, balance druid. Those are the best classes in m+ atm. Resto druid is the best healer

2. Start with low keys if you have no experience. Like +2or +3. Then you can go further up in level when you have gained the practise and a good enough ilvl for it. Do atleast some + 9 before you try to do +10. And know what reaping is before entering.

3. Be aware of the affixes, and how that infect your party or playstyle.

4. Having a hard time getting into a grp? Run your own keys. Build them up.

5. If you have more than one char you are running m+ with register yourself on the rio page. In the page you can registrer the char you have highest score with as mainscore. Even if you sign up with another who has less score, or no scoreā€¦ people will also see your mainscore and that is a benefit for you if your mainscore is decent or more.

4 Likes

Aaaaand here we go again

4 Likes

For what? :stuck_out_tongue: using an official API that Acti-Blizz provides?

I have a question for you; ever started a group for your own key, say a key between 9 and 11, where someone joined who literaly had no clue how to play his class, did not know the tactics at all let alone how to not handle the affixes? That person messes your key up and walks away with loot while he gave you a 400g repair bill and you drew the short straw; looting 280 AP. No that is not fun.

Do that 10 times and you realise a tool like RIO isnā€™t half bad. Item level just doesnā€™t say anything in this stage. Well we can all ask for the keystone master (+15 done?) Achievement for 10s instead. See how people like that :stuck_out_tongue: (donā€™t have it myself though).

There are still plenty of groups who do not require it. And the ones that do, arenā€™t so called ā€œprogressionā€ runsā€¦canā€™t blame them.

7 Likes

Nothing new here. People with no experience/skill wanting to go for a free ride and being angry at tools that let other people check how good they actually are.

Even if Blizzard removed r io there could just be an even worse alternative that takes its place. People NEED a way to validate the players theyā€™re playing with, especially if theyā€™re randoms.

10 Likes

From my experience, the kind of post that we see similar to OP, is someone who hasnā€™t yet figured out how to work the system. Itā€™s so easy to get to a decent level and be accepted for the kind of runs that youā€™re wanting. Just use your own keys, friends keys, guildies keys, make groups yourself etc.
But donā€™t expect to do a +2 in every dung and then go straight into 10+s. So many people want to make the jump, one of the reasons io is so great is because it encourages you to work up. take things at a good pace, so many people focus on the rush of the game today and want instant gratification. Forget that.
I work full time and play less than 10 hours a week currently, but I recently got my io high enough to regularly be invited to +10s or higher, and I still have never ever set foot inside the Underrot, and thereā€™s a few other dungs I havenā€™t done yet this season.

3 Likes
http://www.darklegacycomics.com/670
3 Likes

War craft logs is a 3rd party site that collects information from the public API of your character and extracts information above and beyond that which Blizzard publish on the armoury.

Some see it as a useful tool when they set up a group request - and its their choice who they accept and who they donā€™t.

If you wish to push your own key consider what you can reasonably achieve, set up your group and see up your requirements.

I think it is unrealistic to complain about a person who requires a minimum standard to join a group they create - if you donā€™t meet them you donā€™t meet them.

4 Likes

But they doā€¦ Go to the website, check their key runs and oh my god is that every other player that was in the run listed? Wow what a time to be alive! You can even see the others score! :open_mouth: Imagine someone being 1k score and the other people in the run being 2k+ o relly mr mage tell me how to do it i go over them saw wich guys run whit i did check tell me noting for all i know theny might be boost aswell score mean noting got 900 tank tonight he tank like 2 k guy

While I dont agree with removing raider io because all that will happen is people will use some other arbitrary system/achievement/ilevel requirement to try to ascertain the player,s ability, People have ALWAYS used something as a tool to try to ensure that their dungeon runs go as smooth as possible.

The only thing I do disagree with is that the raider io system,s accuracy as a system to judge a persons dungeon runs which are group based content.

For example - You will not complete a +15 unless your whole team is good enough which says more about the team as a whole rather than a single players ability.

Unfortunately there is not a better solution available at the moment.

I mean io scores could be based off "
How much avoidable damage was taken,
How many times the player died,
How much damage was done during the dungeon in comparison to others,
Did a Boomkin help at all by dispelling poisons from poisoned tanks because the priest healer has no poison dispel?

Did the pally tank dispel their own poison?

Did the tank use their defensive cooldowns during a large damage spike?

Did the dps use flasks and pre pots.

were the dps specced for single target damage on Tyrannical

Etcā€¦ This list could be endless so to prevent this happening IO essentially comes down to ā€œDid the group complete it yes or noā€

You need a system for ranking peoples ability in multiplayer games but the toxic nonsense that comes with raiderio is just repeating the old days of gearscore.

They should just implement a very basic ranking system in game. Gold/Silver/Bronze or something along those lines. Shut off access to profile API calls from external sites once this is done.

All dungeons timed on 4 or above = Bronze.
All dungeons timed on 7 or above = Silver.
All dungeons timed on 10 or above = Gold.
All dungeons timed on 15 or above = Platinum.

Hmmm, do people even look at rio that much?

I pretty much got invited to something with very little tim spent applying at 500 score?
And by people that you can tell by their score theyā€™re putting thought into playing (record is a person with almost 2k inviting me, insta after applying)

It wonā€™t solve any of the problems:

• People will leave if they see they canā€™t get a run for Platinum or whatever rank they are farming = leaving when a run wonā€™t improve your IO
  • People can get boosted, all it takes is one run per dungeon. RIO show also how many runs you did for given dungeon and in general so you can see hard boosted toons. Rank only would quickly become meaningless and RIO2 would be created.
  • Ranks would have to go away pretty much every M+ season (or new added) which would cause way more discontent :wink:
  • Which role was used to achieve a rank. Someone running DPS and occasionally tanking may still be disaster at tanking while easily doing +15 as DPS.
2 Likes