Remove spells

Since Blizz wants to improve social interactions, we should also consider removing spells from the game so that instead of ganking each other we start talking.

7 Likes

Maybe they could add a profession called ‘Activism’, which - in combination with tailoring - lets you create banners and flags to show your political views.

12 Likes

Great idea - for Retail

Remove auto-fly because with that players are afk google chrome instead exploring the world.

1 Like

you are the guys that we gang every time and go offline after a few die right? :))
that the nature of classic and we love it

Nah I love RDF is not here option. I am promising gonns get 8 9 rdf supporters to entrance of the daily heroic dungeon camp their anti rdf design principles and their social experience.

These tourists will leave but we are going to suffer of flying to caverns of time. We can add a caverns of time portal. Yeah lets add that cause why not? Stuff changed a lot from original wotlk why not change more

I’m sure there’s a name for these sorts of informal fallacies. I’m just happy it’s the loud, anti-RDF people that bandwagon on these useless trolly threads. Congratulations, OP, you’ve banged the drum and found people who share your opinion. Enjoy getting high on each others’ fumes as you continue screeching in your sad little echochamber.

also military uniforms with ushanka hats (ones soviet union wear tho)

I hear in wotlk classic leaks they renamed enslave demon to subjigate demon.

I think these anti rdf people most likely boosters and gdkp addicts. Cause if you simply believe rdf is worst thing happened to wotlk and it was so bad cause of it ( well never heard anyone crying about rdf when it came up like you clueless tourists do ) simply proves my theory that you guys not gonna pass one light in yogg at all.

Your social interaction is myth and if it’s so broken somehow there is game called ff14 with automated raid system that even ports you boss to boss not wasting your time on thrash but somehow with all of their dungeon finder system they have best social interaction. Maybe the issue not rdf then? But nevermind it we gonna again have beautiful really nice spam fest on general, trade and yell with people LFG for 5 man dungeons. That’s the social interaction that you will miss I guess.

I can’t speak for FF14 because I have never played it at end game. The game is known for how well it treats beginners, and the game also has this “sprout” symbol to signify whether someone is new to the game or not. This symbol is in itself rather interesting. I believe it is based on the “new drivers” stickers (:beginner:) that Japanese people put on their cars when they’ve just taken their driver’s license. Whether this is true (as in, I’ve read it somewhere) or if it’s just conjecture on my part I honestly can’t remember, but one can draw obvious parallels; the symbol signifies experience, and if someone is inexperienced and does something wrong then maybe you should keep an open mind and show acceptance rather than grill them.

Whether FF14 has any other tools that create healthier social climates I cannot say. Maybe they do. But that simple symbol is missing from World of Warcraft, and if FF14 have other systems in place then those are also missing from World of Warcraft. World of Warcraft has a reputation for being toxic, which is a pity.

But you can’t just point to FF14 and say “LOOK IT WORKS THERE!” without analyzing what it is that makes it work and assume that things will be rainbows and happiness if WoW simply re-implements this tool that has nurtured nothing but toxic behaviours for years.

2 Likes

Basically what turned out our toxicity is min maxing getting more important every each expansion and first it started with an achievement system. People do not want to take you to Raids if you don’t have an achievement you not likely getting an invite.

After that dps meter was an issue of people always keep bragging about that " if you can’t do enough I don’t have time for you to figure it out " and getting next person in line because only thing matter in PvE wise getting those bosses down. For example this is a ban reason in ff14 if you using it.

After that with mop especially we had logs that you have to perform well on some bosses so people can get you in their raid team ever again or you go with casual raids and try to improve yourself on each boss and if you want to progress on heroic you have to get some good parses then you might get invite. Although even w/o parses most of the guilds back in wotlk/cata would ask you to perform 3 min solo dps on dummy and check how well you perform.

All these things led to most toxic PvE community in whole MMORPG genre but why? Cause Blizzard has an ego about " you can’t down our well made in one day we must make it absurdly hard so you will suffer for as long as you can " idealism gave us least amount of guild clearing last raid of SL.

That’s basically it. PvE is not fun oriented but kill oriented in WoW don’t get me wrong tho I love it but if you wanna get some hard bosses to be downed you got to perform well or you simply won’t able to. Sadly one guy’s ego turned most of the wow players impatient baboons that only yell, curse and most likely ignore you afterward.

So having a RFD or not won’t fix the problem of anything in game but at least it gives people equally entering dungeons via that tool, also low populated servers hugely getting so much advantages by that, also just if you wanna do the dungeon you want you don’t have to find other players manually and waste your time doing it but you can farm, go take some laps around dalaran or get social or be a baboon and gank low levelers w/e you want + having RDF means cleaner trade/general and LFG channel.

2 Likes

Its funny eh?

FF14 has microtransactions, has dungeon (fate) finder and all that stuff WoW gets flack for. Yet noone in FF14 complains about it.

There are 2 potential reasons:

1. Game is just better so players enjoy their time even despite those “flaws”
  2. FF14 community is simply superior to WoW community

or

both.

If not for the atrocious combat id play FF14…did couple of dungs in FF14, ppl were very active and talkative. When more experienced player saw i have the newbie icon they tried to explain bosses to me when I asked and so on. Imagine, I never had to spam on chat to look for dung.

2 Likes

I did not know this, and I can believe that it is a contributing factor as to why FF14 has a healthier social climate. Don’t know how you could implement something like this in World of Warcraft though. The DPS-meter is so damn ingrained into the mindset of the playerbase that players won’t pick a class/spec based on how fun it is but rather on how big numbers it can pump out.

And speaking for myself – I resent this line of thinking. In TBCC I played a Rogue, and I thought Assassination was more fun to play than Combat so that’s what I played. I never played a Rogue back in retail TBC so when I levelled I had no clue which spec was superior. Yet I have never been denied entry to a dungeon or raid. Before I stopped playing in November during Phase 2 I actually received invites to T5 raids by another guild. They obviously didn’t prioritize me, but when they were missing DPS they did not hesitate to ask.

Yes, the RDF does these things but it damages what you consider to be a “myth”. It is not a myth. My Classic experience has been very social when compared to my experience in Retail and other MMOs. I dislike the fact that people sell services like GDKP and boosting, and I choose not to participate. I’d often make my own groups, and if I met people I liked I would add them to my friendlist and contact them again. In one month playing Classic my friendlist had grown by at least a dozen, and in one year playing Retail my friendlist had grown by precisely one.

This is the social experience I want to protect. Question is: can it be protected? Many pro-RDF will likely argue that no, it is already over. And implementing the RDF would be akin to throwing in the towel. I don’t know whether Blizzard will be able to protect and nurture the social experience but I apprecaite that they’re willing to try. But perhaps it’s “too little, too late”. At any rate, RDF should not be necessary in Phase 1 anyways. Let’s see how well they manage to deliver on their promises before we condemn them, I say.

Well sadly it is. Cause w/o having RDF tell me how good was vanilla classic or tbc classic. Also Blizzard does not really care about any of the social interaction more than how much money they can earn monthly basis and bots increasing this amount. After seeing they are not banning any of the SP bots heck even druids that just botting outside of dala simply stop playing TBC cause that will cause problems and it did.

Sorry RFD nothing about keeping the classic hype, social interaction or other stuff that you would like to believe or they say it’s simply because selling more boosts and that’s it. If there is a RFD people can queue it and lvl faster than usual w/o any addons etc in Azeroth cause still Azeroth questing is worst. But if there are no RFD people will buy more and more boost cause they don’t want to get into TBC or Vanilla content and it is good for them. I mean if you don’t think that’s the reason there is game called Diablo Immortal that kill most of the Blizzard’s principles. So you are a customer not player for them and it will be like that if there won’t be any major changes.

Also debating not going to solve anything ever on blizzard side due to they don’t care at all but still RDF guys just want to enjoy the wotlk more than older contents and if there is a tool to makes me spend less time on leveling phase of a char well I am pro of that even boost cause how the things work now sadly.

Yet FF14 doesnt have toxic community and it has automatic group / dungeon finder…can u explain?

Btw everyone pro RDF should start reporting bug on PTR that there is no RDF there :slight_smile:

Wish I was able to paste image here…currently 4 ppl queued in LFG tool for the TBC hcs

You are saying that and tell me about this then;

Are you okay with someone doing ninja pull or how hard you think is the heroics in WotLK? Tell me three hard boss that really needs coordination meanwhile you can tell every single pull in tbc is matters due to harder content. 5 man content is useless in wrath and it won’t matter after 2 weeks so how RFD hurts you when you log in to just daily? Or would it be better to form groups and those groups not accepting you cause you don’t have 200+ ilvl or 3.6k gs. This will happen and you all gonna enjoy it fully cause I will be the one of the people ask you gear to enter my parties.

… that’s what my post was about.

This has nothing to do with the game design making players feel it’s always everyone else’s fault, and particularly so when people don’t choose the groups they end up in. The way that retail combated this was to make all RDF or LFR content so easy and so bland that people couldn’t get frustrated with their team mates.

Yet I still wait for explanation, why RDF can work in FF but not in WoW because of the reasons u gave…

My take is…WoW community is in general toxic and crap elitist jerk circle.

1 Like

Different designs

Not really.

FF is pretty much a “clone” of WOW. The only thing u lack is DPS meter addons, but in core WoW game u have no dps meter.

1 Like