Remove the Trust Level system!

Insert image here

You are making bold assumptions about my opinions, in which none are illegal, discriminating nor hate speech. Also I have never assumed that free speech is protected on this private board.

Not really you said you had been moderated and it was because you ‘fronted unpopular opinions’… much like defending the Edgelord ‘banter’ of oral sex about anyone daring to not criticise Blizzard, with a Star Trek facepalm gif… I think I have a pretty shrewd concept of what you would like to see this Forum descend into, if you cannot control it.
I have noticed more and more companies switching comments off on their promotional material on YouTube, recently. Conservatives are a very long way from being defenders of ‘Free Speech’, if they can’t control a media debate, they will do their utmost, to make sure no-one else has access to it either.

Yea and that sure is nothing to do with lot of companies cutting corners with their product nowadays for fast and easy buck making people really angry in result.

If peeps are Edgelord posting on every product a company ever released, because what they actually have an issue with, is inclusivity…especially, if they spend the rest of their time championing/voting for, the system of cutting product corners, to make a fast and easy buck…ie. Capitalism…they need to grow up.

There are plenty of comments demanding WoW go F2P, so clearly staff welfare and cost cutting, is not actually a genuine concern.

Fact is if Blizz were supplying a conveyor belt of Stormrage and Menethil story retreads many of the ‘angry’ people would suddenly become entirely unconcerned with staff welfare, production corner cutting, or fast bucks…we know this from the Anime/Manga industry.

Opinions are not what get people into trouble generally speaking but it is one of the regular excuses we see given. Speaking out against Blizzard is not what gives someone a time out. The most common rule break is swearing, if you have to star out or miss letters to make a word appear you are breaking the rules. If your opinion involves threatening others then that’s also a big no no. Trolling is another common recurring theme.

We are free to express ourselves in any way that falls within the rules set by Blizzard. It isn’t really that hard to stick to them.

3 Likes

I just don’t understand why do we need stuff like extreme time gating nowadays sure we have always had that but in the past it rarely prevented you from playing you character fully. Stuff like crusaders colosseum in icecrown was also time gated but that was only for fluff and mounts.
Also i really don’t get why we have to wait for so long before we can fly in the new expansions since WoD. I get the initial experience and exploring but after 4-6 months i have explored every nook and cranny of the open world that i just want to fly so i can do the WQ’s/dailies faster so i can focus on other stuff more.

Well i for one would actually like paying the monthly fee rather than wow becoming a game like STO with multiple different lootboxes on top of in game store.

And my problem with the modern wow story is that it actually feels like a conveyor belt written nonsense with loth of flash and epic looking stuff with really thin foundation. I preferred older style stories where i was not Goku going farther beyond.

:beers:

True, but there were lots of dailies to keep peeps occupied with grinding between content releases… the fact that the story generally came in a less obviously timegated format, didn’t mean it didn’t exist… as has often been pointed out, there were a lot of systems in Vanilla specifically designed to slow progression, I doubt those systems would be tolerated by players outside of a Classic server today, not to mention the fact players would find ways to speed the process up… shifting the complaints from time-gating, to new content delivery.
Hopefully we will be getting flying soon.

I’ve lost my TL3 recently, without getting into trouble. I have not been as active as I used to be, but I never stopped being active. I guess that’s all it took. It’s a frustrating system. It would be better if posting gifs and links was the default, and the privilege was lost upon any disciplinary actions.

You’ll soon regain it if you’re taking part again.

3 Likes

Hopefully :slightly_smiling_face:
Until then: https://media.giphy.com/media/iBRHf2C64eZDa/giphy.gif

Is just isn’t the same

2 Likes

2 Likes

Trust level of knights on white horse.

Lost my TL3 months ago over a ‘revealing’ gif of Tyrande Whisperwind- 24 hour silence, but at least the mod explained why I got the punishment (although admitting it was rather good). Will get it back when it happens.

Thanls for calling me crazy because you have blind faith in humans with authority in a system being unbiased…

This is exactly what I wrote and I have said it many times before.
“I am against hatespeech and excuses for such just because its towards X group of people. What she said on twitter isnt ok and I do not wish for such views to be represented in game via NPCs dedicated to them.”

Freedom to express what I said should be a thing, but clearly - its censored and even punished.
Its even worse to know that people - like yourself - have such naive view and think people in any level of power are not able to be corrupt or trying to dictate narratives…

Anyway - pointless to even try continue talking about this when thats your reaction.
Hope you never end up on the other side and experience the horror of reality that is extreme bias views - especially in people with power.

1 Like

I agree. I have lost mine 3 times over now… last time was because I said I didn’t like Shadowlands :confused:

There shouldn’t be this degree of seperation between posters just to post gifs lol… if someone does something bad enough just revoke their posting rights.

1 Like

no idea why you thought its a great idea to insult me but okey, so i ll skip it. for some reason i dont believe you worded it exactly this way given the antagonising nature of your first sentence.

furthermore, i never called you personally crazy, just the idea that everything is part of a conspiracy is crazy.

what you fail to acknowledge is that you do not have any freedom of speech here whatsoever. there are rules and if you dont adhere to them you can receive a punishment.

what reaction exactly? me trying to be objective and prove things you previously said wrong? me not agreeing with you? so is everyone who does not agree with you naive? sorry but thats absolutely asinine.

i mean, all you got are baseless accusations and assumptions. if you cant back your claims with evidence then better, you know, just look for another hill to die on.

1 Like

You are claiming something is a conspiracy theory when people have told you its true.
You claim thinking it is crazy.
I have not insulted you whatsoever - You have however insulted me, and people who have suffered cause of corruption and bias.

I am telling you - talking with you about this is moot since you continue to sit on this idea that you are right, ans we are wrong.
What we experienced is not true - just cause you BELIEVE the system is fine and run by fair people.

You continue to claim that I am a liar, and you now go on to show your trust level with a gif containing a tinfoil hat as a mockery to something people live through.

Claiming we should not have freedom of speech is a whole other problem that the world is facing - with internet and big companies behind big social sites dictating narratives as they wish.
Imagine something simple as this;
Cola runs Facebook -
Want to point out that there is sugar in cola? Too bad, removed and banned, only allowed to praise it - on their platform.
If you sincerely wish to defend this type of behaviour, then that is on you.

Im repeating it once more;
I will feel sorry for you the day you experience the real side and tumble off that hill you built yourself - and experience that the system, and people with authority and power, abuses it and has biased views.

We do not need trust levels seperating eachother on top of these other issues.
Letting average joe post a gif is not as harmful as anything else we already have, its even not 10% in the same league.

Lol, I had several posts flagged by the community for language and I criticized Blizzard for many things in the past. Not once did I even get a forum silence.

Just because you’re not allowed to swear at people and be hateful for the sake of it doesn’t mean there’s no freedom of speech.

Most of the threads here are anti-Blizzard, anti-WoW and anti-Shadowlands.

Your parallel has no solid basis.

It’s not Blizzard that decides your trust level, it’s the community.

2 Likes

Are you serious…?
Please read what I have written before getting into a discussion and start hurling out claims.

My defence of free speech is not about swearing at others, and you would know that had you looked at what had been said in the previous posts.