Replace or rework Darkness

Feels very good dying like a clown through my only real defensive. I pop darkness at around 40%, my healer has 3 seconds left in CC. Warlock casts chaos bolt and warrior charges me. I think they are clowns, and I will be full hp in a few seconds.
Chaos bolt goes through no problem, Mortal strike hits too, I fold.
I was the clown. Just delete this spell, random unreliable RNG, only class where you use a defensive and can’t expect it to work or not. No place in pvp.

5 Likes

Isn’t blur like 10 seconds cd? you don’t even need darkness.

2 Likes

First mistake “I pop darkness at around 40%” use darkness at high hp not 40%.

2 Likes

Can’t you use darkness at 100% when ur hp ping pong every millisecond?
skill issue git gud

2 Likes

Use it at 100% into thin air? Nice sugestion.

No its not, and its also useless. Its Lichborne with the extra talent. You die with it on like paper.

You have wings, just fly up and do your thing with fel lances.

Always thought darkness was a weird defensive. Yeah you popped it too late but I feel you

Darkness is really hit and miss
It can stop a teams full go
Or get bad rng or a :clown_face: walks out of it (all the damn time)
And you’ve wasted a 3min defensive

Ideally use it high HP when they use a big go but i’ve been micro CC’d interupted and died before I can even Press darkness while spamming it , and the /y still goes through lol

Edit- in some ways I think 3min is too long for the rng element of it AND that’s talented

It’s 3 min cause it’s an aoe, with a reduce duration that would be way too op.

I am aware
With Bad rng
3min for nothing

Problem is I was in stormbolt from 100% to 40%. DH cant press anything in Stun as opposed to many other classes like DK, Lock etc.
So I could ONLY press darkness at 40%. I expected my EFFECTIVE HP to become 80%, because of darkness working as a “de facto” 50% damage reduction. But RNG decided to work against me.
Its a mega trash defensive in PvP. You want to know exactly what it does, predicability is the core of PvP, I need to know that I can survive something or not. I want to know that I press a defensive and it does exactly what the tooltip does, like ALL OTHER CLASSES HAVE. We already have a RNG heal/burst in Fodder that also feels like clown gameplay, many times it procs when I am at exactly 3% hp and I die before even hitting the demon. Every other class has a panic heal or something that is not RNG. Feelsbad.

Hit or miss,
i guess they never miss huh ?

Look how things look in the prism of me - a fello feral druid.

You DHs have
an instant Cyclone - Imprisson on 45 sec cooldown,
2 stuns , one of them being AOE.
1 mass fear @t a location.
1 immunity towards all dmg + 50% speed
1 immunity from melees by flying in the air while still being able to do somewhat decent damage.
Blur on 1 min cd- a spell that reduces all damage and gives 50% dodge.
Glimse - literal immunity to cc every 25 seconds or whatever it was for 3 seconds.
Darkness that you can literally give to everyone in trouble.
Being able to Dispel and Purge and resend magical spells.
Along with insane self healing proc that heals you for the insane amounts of 70% ~ of your HP while also giving you a really crazy dmg buff.
Mortal Strike type of debuff.
And cleave is literally part of your rotation not something you have to spec into, that and the fact that your cleave is really really really good as well as your single target dmg.
All in all with insane mobility and hybrid damage that mostly ignores ARMOR.

TLDR: Sounds like a skill issue, most classes dont have half of this arsenal, us ferals for example.

1 Like

hahahahahahahaha

Long CDs, one a talent like bash :smiley:

2 minute CD

Not immune to CC anymore, 3min CD and a talent

It’s a caster meta , have a think about that one. Damage has been nerfed, PvP talent 1min CD

PvP talent that isn’t always taken has a high skill ceiling

heavy RNG 3min CD

You make it sound like it is regular

Nope

Feral has too, like many other classes

Burning wound. Incorrect if you want significant AOE
Try again

As they should have
You’re a feral?

TL:DR , feral listing a toolkit while ignoring their own mentioning skill issue
Thanks for the laugh

preaching to the converted mate. You have to really think when to use it before burst comes in
It’s hilarious, and idiot team mates can just walk out of it

I’ve had darkness negate x2 dps burst CDs and it no doubt helped us to win
I’ve also had darkness stop absolutely nothing and 3 crits slap me to death

Dh is just one of those classes that will always get people talking ignorance about it and getting flame
They hate it when DH is strong or OP getting farmed lol
Too much PTSD and the kids always reroll to it

Darkness should be a damage reduction similar to AMZ and since AMZ is Magic maybe darkness should be physical. It would increase DH utility as it would be finally an useful defensive for the partners.

3 Likes

More importantly, it would finally be reliable

Though i’d still be raging at idiots walking it out of it

1 Like

Literally EVERYTHING you said here is wrong.
I stopped reading after you said Imprison = Cyclone.
You do know Imprison is on a long cooldown and its a 3 second Gouge, breaks to anything, and becomes a “Cyclone” that lasts 4 seconds by using a PvP talent. Which is still 10x worse then real cyclone which lasts 6 seconds and has no cd, and doesnt consume a talent slot.
Everything else you said is also terribly wrong, all DH cc lasts 3 seconds now, including the fear which is harder to land then a trap for minuscule benefits, most of the time you dont want to land any of your CC because you waste a DR on the target for nothing.
You play feral which truly has a kit vs anything and still complain. What is this kekw.

1 Like

Don’t forget Maim
A reliable shorter CD Stun…
But yeah let’s compare Imprison to Cyclone for the lols

i mean Cycline requires 4 talent slots plus people only take it if they have taken the pvp talent that gives it edge so its 4 talent slots plus 2 pvp talents for it to be worth taking as a feral. cyclone has casting time, imprison is on demand.
or maybe you stopped reading?

So what has this to do with my only big defensive being crap?
What if your frenzied regeneration had a chance to heal you or NOT TO YOLO KEKW.
What if barksin and survival instincts could reduce or NOT the damage you take at an essential moment. You would be screaming on the forums non stop. Stop reaching for pointless arguments when the topic was about something else completely.